iDood

Reaction score
Hi guys, I picked Phil Cannon as my Head of Youth Development, he's got great stats and I had seen several people recommend him on here, but in the three years that I have had him, we have only brought two players above 0.5 star potential through the academy, which isn't really satisfactory.. Anyone got any ideas as to how I can fix this? Playing as Crystal Palace I have a good academy structure so I'm a bit confused.

Cheers!

That's not down to youth Head of Youth Development. That's down to your Youth Recruiting network.

That's not down to youth Head of Youth Development. That's down to your Youth Recruiting network.

As he said, that isn't down to the HoYD, the HoYD is basically an Assistant Manager/Director of Football but for your youth players :)

Ah ok thanks, so what positions do I need to look at filling/upgrading in order to sort this out?

As he said, that isn't down to the HoYD, the HoYD is basically an Assistant Manager/Director of Football but for your youth players :)

I thought the Recruitment attribute of HoYD (and other under 18 coaches) also played a part in quality of youth intake? Otherwise whats the point of it?

I thought the Recruitment attribute of HoYD (and other under 18 coaches) also played a part in quality of youth intake? Otherwise whats the point of it?

a Head of Youth will only bring in players, if this has been set as one of his responsibilities. He has nothing to do with intake through your clubs own academy, he can sign youth from other academies though.

Yea I have FAVINI and he signed a 5 star potential regen for me

a Head of Youth will only bring in players, if this has been set as one of his responsibilities. He has nothing to do with intake through your clubs own academy, he can sign youth from other academies though.

Not according to this.

Staff Roles | Football Manager 2013 Guide

First point is what you are talking about - making offers for young players. Last point is what I meant - Brings youth players into club

Not according to this.

Staff Roles | Football Manager 2013 Guide

First point is what you are talking about - making offers for young players. Last point is what I meant - Brings youth players into club

Yes, The Head of Youth Singels out and picks the players that are brought into the U-18. The quality of the pool of players he has to pick from is purely up to your Youth Recruiting network though so even if having a marvelous HOY, he can only pick the best of what is known to him.

On this Topic, I think that most people dont actually look at their U-18 coaches and if they are good enough (or if you actually have any.) If you seriously want to develop players, you need to to get good coaches here to and not just for ther First team

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies everyone, so improving the coaches should solve this problem, BetterHalf? I don't get how to improve the youth recruitment network..

Thanks for the replies everyone, so improving the coaches should solve this problem, BetterHalf? I don't get how to improve the youth recruitment network..

You speak to the board. Without having a good enough recruiting network, you stand very little chance of bringing in GOOD players to the u-18 this way. Then again, is this really important ? I for one scout for young players and bring them in my self, often at an age of 15-16.

Cheers mate, I just tried to speak to the board and it only offered me options to cut back on the Youth Recruitment Network, I may try it again another time though, thanks for the heads up!

Cheers mate, I just tried to speak to the board and it only offered me options to cut back on the Youth Recruitment Network, I may try it again another time though, thanks for the heads up!

In my first season with Forest, the board had no intenion what so ever to expand our youth program but as I gor promoted and raised both the statu and the ambition of the club, they agreed with me that it was the next step to take.

So basiclly, you just have to hang in there

My youth facilities and recrtuitment network are all at maximum but for 3 straight years I've been told "no player stands out from this year's intake". No one more than 2 star potential.

Yes, The Head of Youth Singels out and picks the players that are brought into the U-18. The quality of the pool of players he has to pick from is purely up to your Youth Recruiting network though so even if having a marvelous HOY, he can only pick the best of what is known to him.

On this Topic, I think that most people dont actually look at their U-18 coaches and if they are good enough (or if you actually have any.) If you seriously want to develop players, you need to to get good coaches here to and not just for ther First team

Ok cheers

My youth facilities and recrtuitment network are all at maximum but for 3 straight years I've been told "no player stands out from this year's intake". No one more than 2 star potential.

what team are you playing as ? Did any of them haved rather good stats but average mental stats, then remember that the mental stats as Ambition and Prof. can be brought up, meaning that the player will be more likely to actially reach his potential. I have had 3 players with 2 stars that with some good tutoring and training are now considered 3,3 and 4 stars, and ghis is with a team that on this journey has got better players to compare them to

My 2nd youth intake with man utd got me 12 or something players, and the best had 1.5 stars and no good attributes. Should i fire my youth scouts? I have sate of the art facilities and in the 1st intake i had a striker, 186 PA, but now, only mediocre players

Who are the good HoYD? I got the standard guy you start with in Man U. Heard Favini, is there somebody else?

In Staff Responsibilities you can set them to buy young players, but that isn't the youth intake as that is your academy. If you set him to do that he will simply find good young players and attempt to sign them. :)