Hearts about to break Old Firm?

Probably not. I hope they do though, I'd like to see an end of Old Firm dominance. The Celtic game on Wednesday will be crucial, as if they win they'll be 4 points adrift of Celtic with a game in hand on them. Jim Jefferies has them playing well, and they have a very good depth to their squad which no other team bar the Old Firm have. Hopefully they'll prove me wrong and take 2nd place if they manage to keep up this run of form.

i think they have a great chance and would love them to finish 2nd

They can, but they won't.

Old Firm is too strong for the Scottish league imo.

I want to them to break the old firm so Kris can have his dream of watching them in the CL only to seem the get knock out in qualifying.

Hope so, but want Celtic to win it. 3rd place in Scotland, is normally a hard one to tell.

---------- Post added at 02:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 AM ----------

I want to them to break the old firm so Kris can have his dream of watching them in the CL only to seem the get knock out in qualifying.

Didn't Belgiuim over-take them in the rankings so they get their 2 champions league places, with Scotland having 1?

They have been 2nd before in 05/06 but in the 06/07 UCL Qualifiers got knocked out by AEK Athens i think

Hope so, but want Celtic to win it. 3rd place in Scotland, is normally a hard one to tell.

---------- Post added at 02:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 AM ----------

Didn't Belgiuim over-take them in the rankings so they get their 2 champions league places, with Scotland having 1?

Belgium did overtake us, but we retain the 2 Champions' League places. It just means that Scottish team have more qualifying matches to negotiate. This is from Wikipedia though, not 100% sure it's correct.

EDIT - Forget everything I've just said, apologies. Scotland will only get 1 place starting in the 2011/12 season.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/feb/19/spl-scotland-champions-league

Last edited:
Hope they do, Rangers 1st, Hearts 2nd.

They won't though, Rangers and Celtic are too good.

If ever a team will, Hearts look like they could, obviously that hurts me to say but they are looking strong, i think they will get beat of Celtic and Hibs will, ofcourse, get hammered of Rangers.