No i dont think so because if your tall your not fast and if youre small your really fast but of course you need a person in your team who has to be tall

Javier Pastore is 6'3" on fm11, and he's fast aswell... I guess it's not a rule that's set in stone. It'd be interesting to see who the tallest player is on everyone's save though. There's a regen on mine who's 6'9". :D

Kinda related... does anyone know if youth players get any taller as they get older?

That's an incredibly good point.

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

Kinda related... does anyone know if youth players get any taller as they get older?

That's an incredibly good point. Having said that most humans don't really grow much after 18-would be good if you could have growth spurts for the u18's but it would be pretty unpredictable-no scout in the world could really tell a players potential for growth.......

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

Javier Pastore is 6'3" on fm11, and he's fast aswell... I guess it's not a rule that's set in stone. It'd be interesting to see who the tallest player is on everyone's save though. There's a regen on mine who's 6'9". :D

Jesus. Never knew he was that tall!

they are intrisically linked. the players jumping stat is determined by their height, but other stats come into play, ancipiation, bravery, determination off the ball, strength, decisons etc.

Yup, the height of a player only dictates at what point a player should jump. A 7 foot player would lose 99 times out of 100 to a 2 foot player if the 2 foot player had 20 jumping, and the 7 foot player 1 for jumping. Obviously researchers make players stats so that the taller players have better jumping. SI tried to implement the players height more into the ME iirc, but they couldn't get it right.

A 2 foot player would have to jump more than twice his own height to beat a 7 foot player :O

liam adams in my save. played for man utd, and then arsenal got him. dubbed as new alan sheaer (sp ?).