rbg

Aspiring Sunday Leaguer
Reaction score
I'm currently playing as Stockport County and in my first season in the Championship (expected to get relegated)

The table is as follows (2/2/14)

1. Newcastle 67pts (game in hand)
2. Bristol City 61pts
---------------------------------------------------
3. Stockport County 57pts
4. Notts Forest 54pts
5. Sheffield U 53pts
6. Leeds 45pts
---------------------------------------------------
7 Norwich 44pts
etc

Trouble is I am **** at managing the in the Premiership and was hoping to use this season to consolidate and build however after a fantastic run now fans are getting excited by prospect of promotion.

What should I do? Aim for promotion and face a tough season in the EPL before relegation of start playing youth team til I slip down the table?

Similar happened to me with Luton game, ended up getting promoted 4 years on the trot - now first year in prem - no one is interested in coming. I am gonna struggle this season!

Ok I might be showing off a little, I'm usually mediocre at best but seriously I will get crushed in the Premiership. My top striker is Ben Burgess for crying out loud!

Help I can't stop reading pointless threads
If you go up great you get money
if you dont then just go up next year

Similar happened to me with Luton game, ended up getting promoted 4 years on the trot - now first year in prem - no one is interested in coming. I am gonna struggle this season!

Let me know how you get on. So far I've played as Portsmouth, Middlesbrough and Sheffield Wednesday in the Prem (all positions I was offered whilst managing other teams) and each time I've been relegated.

Well, try at least getting Moussa Maazou if he hasn't gone to some other club(he starts at CSKA Moscow) If he hasn't gone somewhere, he'll surely be transfer listed and he'll come.

What's your remaining budget and wages and what season are you in? I'm in Season 5 with Stockport County, currently in League 1 and I can't seem to get out of a mid-table position all season, one of the reasons are that we just got new owners on the game recently because we're making a loss and we're still making losses now and my wages are at average £700k so how are you doing in the Championship?

If I were you I'd rape the teams that would get relegated for their players, I would think most would want to get back into the Premier League.

Ok I might be showing off a little, I'm usually mediocre at best but seriously I will get crushed in the Premiership. My top striker is Ben Burgess for crying out loud!

Look at who has their contract expiring, the transfer market, look in the lesser standard European leagues for premier league standard players, find some nice regens, make sure you have good coaches.

Get promoted only sign free players/loans n soak up the money, if you get relegated at least your way richer and can stabalise better in the next season.

What's your remaining budget and wages and what season are you in? I'm in Season 5 with Stockport County, currently in League 1 and I can't seem to get out of a mid-table position all season, one of the reasons are that we just got new owners on the game recently because we're making a loss and we're still making losses now and my wages are at average £700k so how are you doing in the Championship?

I should say I'm playing FM10. My budget is good because I signed every Arsenal youngster and some from city when they were released and am selling them after a season, usually for around £300-500k. Apart from that use the max 4 long loan term players which helps keep my wage bill down.

You playing FM10 or 11?

just go for promtion, the board will tell you to treat as a learning curve (something along those lines) then wont care if you go back down

I should say I'm playing FM10. My budget is good because I signed every Arsenal youngster and some from city when they were released and am selling them after a season, usually for around £300-500k. Apart from that use the max 4 long loan term players which helps keep my wage bill down.

You playing FM10 or 11?

oh. I thought you was playing FM11.

Poor poor guy!

Don't feel to sorry, I've had my fair share of **** games. Coming 4th in SPL with Rangers *the shame

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

oh. I thought you was playing FM11.

No still on FM10, too poor to upgrade :eek:(

What is the point of this thread just keep winning and get to the top English division end of.

I'd just go for it. If you get promoted as people have said, try and sign decent players from the relegated Premier League sides.

Free transfers of some experienced Premier League players can also help as long as there fitness stats aren't really poor. Transfers of these types of players tend to come down to the reputation of your club at times.

A large squad helps with some decent back-up players, who can do a job with fitness or injuries take there toll too.