My 1st season with the toon, was quite eventfull. I signed macheda from man utd and the young dutch left back from chelsea on season long loans, cost me almost £1million but was worth it. offloaded smith to burnley £2mil and xisco to stoke on load for £240k. I played a 4-4-2:-

Krul

Enrique
Colocini
Campbell (Taylor when fit)
Simpson

Jonas
Barton
Nolan
Ben Arfa

Carroll
Macheda

Macheda scored 24 in all comps, with average overall of 7.46.
As for the league that went well, finished 8th but was only 5 points from arsenal on 4th
League cup was where i earned my wage. i was drawn against championship or lower all the way to the final, eventually beating Notts Forrest 4-2 aet in final.

2nd season i brought in albrighton from villa, macheda again, sanogo in on loan all with future fees. also brought in Kyle Bartley in on free. Sheamus Coleman £1.8mil

im currently 5th at end of december, in europa league 2nd stage after groups, out of league cup ( poor away defeat to fulham in 3rd round) and fa.cup yet to start.

p.s does anyone else have trouble with Andy Carroll and yellow cards??

Cool it looks like we have a quality collection of Toon managers in here I'll update my progress later in week as having to decorate the living room this week bahhhh :S

My 1st season with the toon, was quite eventfull. I signed macheda from man utd and the young dutch left back from chelsea on season long loans, cost me almost £1million but was worth it. offloaded smith to burnley £2mil and xisco to stoke on load for £240k. I played a 4-4-2:-

Krul

Enrique
Colocini
Campbell (Taylor when fit)
Simpson

Jonas
Barton
Nolan
Ben Arfa

Carroll
Macheda

Macheda scored 24 in all comps, with average overall of 7.46.
As for the league that went well, finished 8th but was only 5 points from arsenal on 4th
League cup was where i earned my wage. i was drawn against championship or lower all the way to the final, eventually beating Notts Forrest 4-2 aet in final.

2nd season i brought in albrighton from villa, macheda again, sanogo in on loan all with future fees. also brought in Kyle Bartley in on free. Sheamus Coleman £1.8mil

im currently 5th at end of december, in europa league 2nd stage after groups, out of league cup ( poor away defeat to fulham in 3rd round) and fa.cup yet to start.

p.s does anyone else have trouble with Andy Carroll and yellow cards??

He has fitness problem. He gets tired very easily.

yeah I have yellow card problems with Carroll , S Taylor and F Fazio. I have just accepted that they like to get stuck in lol

yeah I have yellow card problems with Carroll , S Taylor and F Fazio. I have just accepted that they like to get stuck in lol

Whatever it is don't sell S. Taylor. He's very good for me at the back and won the fans' player of the 1st season. Now i'm into 2nd season and just signed Woodgate on a free <)

Yeah to right I always make S Taylor vice captain on 1st season then progress him to Team Captain maybe 2nd or 3rd season

I had a great start to my season, managed to get myself upto 8th after about 15/16 games, and got about 20/22 points on the board and got to the league cup semi's against liverpool, i beat teams like tottenham and bolton to get there, and then i got a run of difficult games, man u, chelsea and liverpool all beat me, and i got knocked out the league cup... the players confidence took a battering, however i pulled it back towards the end of the season with a few good result, and sneaking a draw against man city (86th min goal... xisco, very similar to what martins done to spurs a few seasons ago)... also i beat the scum (sunderland) 3 - 2 at the stadium of light, and smashed them 4 - 0 in my 2nd last game of the season, final game of the season was a 1 - 0 defeat at anfield... Now im in my second season and performing much better... SUNDERLAND HAVE BEEN RELEGATED YAY!!!, and im currently running 11th with 20(ish) points after 16 games again, I have 4 million in the kitty for january and will be bring some fresh players in... will upload my team list as soon as that period is over... Also i am in the league cup semis again... against liverpool again... hopefully this time a better result will occur

UPDATE!!!!
As earlier promised...

Last edited:
Heres a screenshot of my 2nd season line up I got a bit carried away signing players lol hopefully everyone will gel together soon have just lost first 4 games in a row brrr Also posted a shot of Premier League standings after 1st season in charge managed to get 10th place after a mixed season Also a pic of my slightly dodgy developing tactics (not recommended lol)

Last edited:
I had a great start to my season, managed to get myself upto 8th after about 15/16 games, and got about 20/22 points on the board and got to the league cup semi's against liverpool, i beat teams like tottenham and bolton to get there, and then i got a run of difficult games, man u, chelsea and liverpool all beat me, and i got knocked out the league cup... the players confidence took a battering, however i pulled it back towards the end of the season with a few good result, and sneaking a draw against man city (86th min goal... xisco, very similar to what martins done to spurs a few seasons ago)... also i beat the scum (sunderland) 3 - 2 at the stadium of light, and smashed them 4 - 0 in my 2nd last game of the season, final game of the season was a 1 - 0 defeat at anfield... Now im in my second season and performing much better... SUNDERLAND HAVE BEEN RELEGATED YAY!!!, and im currently running 11th with 20(ish) points after 16 games again, I have 4 million in the kitty for january and will be bring some fresh players in... will upload my team list as soon as that period is over... Also i am in the league cup semis again... against liverpool again... hopefully this time a better result will occur

UPDATE!!!!
As earlier promised...
Good luck mate I had to start my career from scratch as game crashed brrrr but tbh I have a better balanced team now (H)

My progress so far:

2010/11 - 8th place
Major Signings: Spas Delev, Enzo Maresca, Dodo, Jordan Ayew(loan from OM and my topscorer), Marco Donadel(came in Jan)

2011/12 - 6th place(Euro cup qual)
Major Signings: Woodgate(free), Postiga(free), John Fleck, Vanden Borre, Camilo Zuniga, Diego Castro(loan and bought him), Jordan Ayew(loan)

2012/13 - Currently playing
Major Signings: Andre Bahia(free), Jonathan Urretavizcaya, Hendry Thomas, Kyle Naughton, Jordan Ayew

Will try to add some screenies later :)

oryt how did you get your layout like that and how did yh get all the propper clubs emblems ?

Has anybody got 2 or more seasons into the game here, if yes could you get s screenshot of Andy Carroll up? I'm just wondering how he develops, considering signing him for manchester united. Cheers

im stuck with newcastle i cant get rid of anyone. i played one season and finished 7th but the game crashed and i didnt have auto save on:( so i have had to start again not doing too well this time round

Last edited:
Hey,

I have just starte dwith Newcastle, and im struggling, with both tactics and training,
Can anyone reccomend both tactics I could use and what works best for training?

4th season just started came 5th in league for 2nd season in a row also won euro cup against psg which went to extra time my team is fairly balanced any ideas are welcome about signings .Andy carroll screenie attached I just got beat in european super cup against Lyon :'(

Last edited:
i got sacked at the end of the season and i finished 11th? so ive started again

EDIT: Made 4th spot in my first season and now i have to go into the new season with a shoestring budget of 9m

Last edited:
i got sacked at the end of the season and i finished 11th? so ive started again

EDIT: Made 4th spot in my first season and now i have to go into the new season with a shoestring budget of 9m
Things do eventually get better money wise I got taken over but it was by the cheapest chairman in history lol Just try and buy quality players to get a good core to your team then maybe get a few big stars I have Hulk now but had to buy him £22.5mil over 48 months and pay him £135k a week he's my first major signing the rest of my signings were made for alot less