donkarlito

Reaction score
I need help in trying to play possession style football like barcelona with A.C milan but I cant seem to get over 50% possession in, a game against fiorentina at home I only manged 38% hardly possession football

shorter passing, slower tempo and narrow width maybe

shorter passing, slower tempo and narrow width maybe

I am using shorter passing slower tempo and narrow width and i have push my defence line up to have player closer together so it will be easier to pass and keep ball

maybe change the formation?? I used 4-5-1, (the one with a V-shape for midfield ) and my possession seldom dropped below 50% except occasionally at arsenal.. It might not be high but well.. at least its better than the 30+% ?

Dude, AC Milan is a tough club to manage. but from my tactic ive found out that it is possible to hold possesion, problem is your players positions matter alot. As in if too many players bombard forward, your passing has to be longer and more difficult to keep the ball. So keep your formation's shape in mind when you want to play posession friendly passes

maybe change the formation?? I used 4-5-1, (the one with a V-shape for midfield ) and my possession seldom dropped below 50% except occasionally at arsenal.. It might not be high but well.. at least its better than the 30+% ?

Its what i am using im using formation what teams use in real life i have got germany counter attacking 4-2-3-1, arsenal 4-4-2 one touch pass style now im trying barcelona/spain possession style

All your settings seem to be fine in playing possession football, so I'm really confused :S

Maybe try putting philosphy as fluid.

All your settings seem to be fine in playing possession football, so I'm really confused :S

Maybe try putting philosphy as fluid.

At the moment I am using v.fluid so if im understanding it right v.fluid alot of movement so it could be hard to retain possession so i will give fluid ago

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

Retain Possesion, pass ball into feet ..

that did help actually 66% against Bari and a 3-0 win

At the moment I am using v.fluid so if im understanding it right v.fluid alot of movement so it could be hard to retain possession so i will give fluid ago

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

that did help actually 66% against Bari and a 3-0 win

Told you, now keep it for the games to come mate !

how about playing through the middle some people have this when trying to replicate barcelona

Short Passing
Slower Tempo
Narrow Width

Control Strategy with a Rigid Philosophy

Touchline shouts---Reatin Possesion and Pass ball to feet

how about playing through the middle some people have this when trying to replicate barcelona

that style requires some eceptionally good players though.

the idea is that with the right PI and a short passing game through th middle whil keping your offenc very high up make the dm->cm->cm triangle pass it around forever until 'tht' opening comes for a through ball

dcm(or acm if you turn the triangle should have 16+ in teamwork, passing positioning, anticipation, creativity and natural fitness as they will work til they puke and getting 5-6+ of thoose players to cover a hole season is hard.)

also for possesion i think turning down creative freedom would work well as this stops them roaming from position trying wonder passes and long shots

Im currently getting just over 50% possession but looking at Barcelona got average of 68% all season i think but how can i get more i dont think i can change the team instructions anymore there all right for possession football i think
control
short passing
Slow tempo
Narrow width
high defensive line