High Tempo/High Pressing/Quick Transitional Play [Bielsa/Sampaoli Inspired Tactic]

What is with this trend of asking for people to upload their saves?

I want to see how many times he has saved the game - for e.g.

He might of just saved before the game, and if he lost we would load and play again until he won, just to get good results. TotalFootballer9 uploads his saves, to prove his tactics work. I want to check if this is another lie or not.

ManUtd so can you post the save please?

Last edited:
Hi there, gave this tactic a go on my new save, 75% fluid after pre-season. Just beat Bayern 2-1 in the German super cup. Not bad so far. Let me continue with it and i'll post more results. Keep it up bro.

View attachment 356586View attachment 356585View attachment 356584

p.s some nice possession and pressing here. good job

ManUtd so can you post the save please?

Honestly, why are u trying to make him to post his save? You can always just try his tactic mate. If he went all the way in trying to cheat, dont think he would have made a well detailed opening post, with screens and everything. Think this guy has put some effort in his post here. Just try his tactic and see if it works. If u dont like it mate then just say. Ive been a lurker in this forums for a while now and people who post their their tactics don't need to post a save to prove it works. If people who try this say it works, people will reply here. Just sayin' bro.

He might of just saved before the game, and if he lost we would load and play again until he won, just to get good results. TotalFootballer9 uploads his saves, to prove his tactics work. I want to check if this is another lie or not.

Does it really matter mate. Just try the tactic, if you like it then great, If not then move on to another tactic.
Judging by how well worked that OP is i don't think he is messing around with fake results and he is using Man United, such results are achievable with them if you have a good tactic.

Yeah, sorry for being over dramatic - it is just I tested 4 tactics recently, and all turned out to be absolutely balls. 15 defeats with Chelsea - I am doing an Online game.

I guess I am now irritated and too safe about tactics. Will give it a try and report. Sorry if I insulted anyone

If you like this tactic, you will try it...if dont, good bye. No one will miss you.

Now people demanding saves? FFS

Yeah, sorry for being over dramatic - it is just I tested 4 tactics recently, and all turned out to be absolutely balls. 15 defeats with Chelsea - I am doing an Online game.

I guess I am now irritated and too safe about tactics. Will give it a try and report. Sorry if I insulted anyone

To be fair mate, are the tactics using, fluid? And give it at least a season. And like u say, you're using it for online mode. Other players might have really good tactics too. So it may not give u the success u require.. After all most of the tactics built here is beating the match engine.

To be fair mate, are the tactics using, fluid? And give it at least a season. And like u say, you're using it for online mode. Other players might have really good tactics too. So it may not give u the success u require.. After all most of the tactics built here is beating the match engine.

Yeah, 100% fluid. Im just playing with 2 other friends who are Liverpool and Spurs, not a lot of people.

Do you reckon changing the striker to CF(s) would have many implications on the tactic, I love the way it plays but I'm not (and never have been) a fan of F9(s).

View attachment 356558View attachment 356557View attachment 356555View attachment 356553

I've downloaded this tactic today and have made a few tweaks which suit my team. Haven't had a run like this in a while!!! Mata has claimed player of the year, first time I've won it in FM14! Rooney came third place behind Messi.

This tactic is very good at winning the ball back and pressing in the opponents half. Don't be fooled by the three centre backs this formation uses as it adds alot of stability and two of them play as ball playing centre backs. I'll post more when I finish the season, mine to lose now and I've only signed Bartra :D

Last edited:
Do you reckon changing the striker to CF(s) would have many implications on the tactic, I love the way it plays but I'm not (and never have been) a fan of F9(s).

I haven't tried it with a Complete Forward, but I don't see why it would not work. I would imagine as long as it is given the freedom to roam and moving into channels, I would think it would be fine. Let us know how it goes after making that tweak. But I have to admit, when FM 2014 first came out, I wasn't convinced with the False 9 either, but I think the latest patch improved it.

View attachment 643161View attachment 643164View attachment 643170View attachment 643173

I've downloaded this tactic today and have made a few tweaks which suit my team. Haven't had a run like this in a while!!! Mata has claimed player of the year, first time I've won it in FM14! Rooney came third place behind Messi.

This tactic is very good at winning the ball back and pressing in the opponents half. Don't be fooled by the three centre backs this formation uses as it adds alot of stability and two of them play as ball playing centre backs. I'll post more when I finish the season, mine to lose now and I've only signed Bartra :D

Nice to see that it's working for you man! And good to see some changes you've made is working well for you. Keep it up and let us know how it goes!

I haven't tried it with a Complete Forward, but I don't see why it would not work. I would imagine as long as it is given the freedom to roam and moving into channels, I would think it would be fine. Let us know how it goes after making that tweak. But I have to admit, when FM 2014 first came out, I wasn't convinced with the False 9 either, but I think the latest patch improved it.

Nice to see that it's working for you man! And good to see some changes you've made is working well for you. Keep it up and let us know how it goes!

After watching how everything plays and your suggestion I think a Trequartista may suit better than CF.

After watching how everything plays and your suggestion I think a Trequartista may suit better than CF.

Trequartista is not a bad shout, but I would make sure it does some pressing as well.. if the role allows it that is.

View attachment 356496View attachment 356495

Been using this tactic for the first quarter of my season, works well and I'm unbeaten but I'm getting so many draws even with the attacking mentality. The striker doesn't seem to score much and the wingers are always shooting from stupid angles, so many draws and its frustrating. And tips? Using Arsenal

Last edited:
View attachment 643317View attachment 643320

Been using this tactic for the first quarter of my season, works well and I'm unbeaten but I'm getting so many draws even with the attacking mentality. The striker doesn't seem to score much and the wingers are always shooting from stupid angles, so many draws and its frustrating. And tips? Using Arsenal

Alright mate, hmmm, are the player instructions set to Shoot Less Often for most of the players? I'm sure I've already pre-set that. And I've noticed you're using an Advanced Forward. Was the False 9 not working for you? Because I've designed the False 9 to be the player who comes deep and drag opposition defensive line to allow space for the IFs to attack and get in to goal scoring opportunities. What other tweaks have you made for this?

View attachment 643317View attachment 643320

Alright mate, hmmm, are the player instructions set to Shoot Less Often for most of the players? I'm sure I've already pre-set that. And I've noticed you're using an Advanced Forward. Was the False 9 not working for you? Because I've designed the False 9 to be the player who comes deep and drag opposition defensive line to allow space for the IFs to attack and get in to goal scoring opportunities. What other tweaks have you made for this?

Im using this for half a season and now starting my 3rd with it.

The drawing aspect is happening to me but more from lacking the chances (half and full). I have many shots, so the problem should be from: a) players or b) team/player instructions.

I believe that a tactic don't need the right player for it, the player is the one who needs the right instructions to be productive. So, IMO, trying to tweak team instructions to more short passing, or to play into open spaces should be tested to make the players more productive. For example, this tactic with Barcelona players PPMs would not work at all, since they all have play short and simple! So you tweak it to use short passing and check if the players fit it better!

I have made a counter mentality, short passing, low d-line to shake thing and get that draw out!

Also, changing the foot of the player in the wing help to unlock things.

Im using this for half a season and now starting my 3rd with it.

The drawing aspect is happening to me but more from lacking the chances (half and full). I have many shots, so the problem should be from: a) players or b) team/player instructions.

I believe that a tactic don't need the right player for it, the player is the one who needs the right instructions to be productive. So, IMO, trying to tweak team instructions to more short passing, or to play into open spaces should be tested to make the players more productive. For example, this tactic with Barcelona players PPMs would not work at all, since they all have play short and simple! So you tweak it to use short passing and check if the players fit it better!

I have made a counter mentality, short passing, low d-line to shake thing and get that draw out!

Also, changing the foot of the player in the wing help to unlock things.

I see where you are coming from. Currently testing this with Borussia Dortmund and so far, it's working quite alright. I'm still getting chances and scoring goals. Quite a few CCCs too. I have all of the players set to shorter passing part from the Playmaker and False 9 to counter the More Direct Passing from the team instruction. But playing in to open spaces is worth a try.

I await what results the counter mentality will produce. But by having a lower defensive line, would it not defeat the purpose of the way Bielsa/Sampaoli play by pressing high and winning the ball high?

I await what results the counter mentality will produce. But by having a lower defensive line, would it not defeat the purpose of the way Bielsa/Sampaoli play by pressing high and winning the ball high?

Playing against Hazard/Reus/Shaqiri kind of players, a very high d-line will be like a open free way, when they play at home. If the other team have a godd striker that does the same that you are doing, even 3 CBs will not stop the pass...

Meanwhile i have change the d-line to the 2nd higher and have also introduced the keep possession. So, sum this to counter and short passing and be more disciplined.

With this im trying to create some sort of waste time version of the tactic. still in progress.

Playing against Hazard/Reus/Shaqiri kind of players, a very high d-line will be like a open free way, when they play at home. If the other team have a godd striker that does the same that you are doing, even 3 CBs will not stop the pass...

Meanwhile i have change the d-line to the 2nd higher and have also introduced the keep possession. So, sum this to counter and short passing and be more disciplined.

With this im trying to create some sort of waste time version of the tactic. still in progress.

Sounds interesting. It may help with a tactic like this if you are required to defend a slender lead. See how this goes and I could help you test this.