Hodgson issues Cup rallying call

BOOOOOM! May have just got myself a ticket to this.

You're going to the game?

I do hope your fans don't spit their dummy out if you take another beating.
They really let themselves down last time with the munich chants. It was a tad pathetic to see.

Aye, not nice to hear the Munich chants. Wonder if you lot will do the decent thing of not starting up with Hillsborough songs straight off the bat? No doubt some of the young uns will be going home with some pocket money too as your crowd are ever so generous with the 50p pieces. Just saying.

Aye, not nice to hear the Munich chants. Wonder if you lot will do the decent thing of not starting up with Hillsborough songs straight off the bat? No doubt some of the young uns will be going home with some pocket money too as your crowd are ever so generous with the 50p pieces. Just saying.
Can honestly say i've never heard a hillsborough song being sung by any significant part of the crowd at a united game. So hopefully that will continue on sunday.

Can honestly say i've never heard a hillsborough song being sung by any significant part of the crowd at a united game. So hopefully that will continue on sunday.

Ah, I guess the key word in that statement is 'significant'. Mind you, you lot are so quiet nowadays I guess it's only the minority who sing.

Never know. This game should play to Hodgsons strengths and Liverpool United is never a dead cert either way.

I think Liverpool will win. Whether that will save Hodgson is a different matter.

I give NUFC_Tony a higher chance of becoming admin than I give Liverpool of winning this game but heys thatsj ust me

Ah, I guess the key word in that statement is 'significant'. Mind you, you lot are so quiet nowadays I guess it's only the minority who sing.
Well to be completely honest in all the games i've been to the closest i've seen to a United version of the munich songs and accompanying mime, is one guy shouting about it. Needless to say no one else joined in and he shut up. It wasn't much of a song either.

You must have some ****** good hearing to have heard him. Sorry for any offence he may have caused.

It seems that Rooney, Rio, VDS, Anderson and Carrick will all be returning to the side, so I can't fault Fergie for taking this tie too lightly.

United are due a better performance in the FA Cup.

Happened to us..

Were 23rd In the championship.. Beat Liverpool (ironicly) and finished 8th.

Can't write them out.

Can't see us winning this one at all. Hodgson hasn't done anything of note the entire season thus far and he knows this will be his last game. What are the chances of him not being **** against Manchester United?

Well to be completely honest in all the games i've been to the closest i've seen to a United version of the munich songs and accompanying mime, is one guy shouting about it. Needless to say no one else joined in and he shut up. It wasn't much of a song either.

You must have some ****** good hearing to have heard him. Sorry for any offence he may have caused.

Seems like my hearing is a **** of a lot better than yours. Eyesight too. Either that or you've not actually been at a Manchester United vs Liverpool game. No skin off my nose. I don't sing Munich songs out of respect for Sir Matt. But coming on all high and mighty about trying to bait drunk away support into singing a Munich song so you lot can whinge about it afterwards is a bit rich. Just a personal opinion, mind. Last time the Munich song got an airing on the Kop btw, the lads who started it got a beating. Mind you, the urchins did pour **** and **** on you lot from the upper tier of the Anny a couple of years back (sorry bout that - who'd have thought the Norwegians could be so creative?), although I'll be wearing waterproofs on Sunday as the Salford rain resembles spittle inside Old Trafford.

Seems like my hearing is a **** of a lot better than yours. Eyesight too. Either that or you've not actually been at a Manchester United vs Liverpool game. No skin off my nose. I don't sing Munich songs out of respect for Sir Matt. But coming on all high and mighty about trying to bait drunk away support into singing a Munich song so you lot can whinge about it afterwards is a bit rich. Just a personal opinion, mind. Last time the Munich song got an airing on the Kop btw, the lads who started it got a beating. Mind you, the urchins did pour **** and **** on you lot from the upper tier of the Anny a couple of years back (sorry bout that - who'd have thought the Norwegians could be so creative?), although I'll be wearing waterproofs on Sunday as the Salford rain resembles spittle inside Old Trafford.

Really What are you talking about...? He simply asked if you where going to the game, and then said he didn't like it when Munich songs where sung in September, and you get all defensive...? Guilty?

Really What are you talking about...? He simply asked if you where going to the game, and then said he didn't like it when Munich songs where sung in September, and you get all defensive...? Guilty?

Defensive? Nah - tired of the same old bullshit from innocent little Mancs who miss out consistently the background and lead up to certain songs not getting self-policed by us and why sometimes quite frankly we can't be arsed trying to sing over or shut up some elements of our fanbase. Guilty? About what? About the fact that the atmosphere at matches between our clubs tends towards the vile and bad things tend to happen and disrespectful songs are sung? Not as if I'm spilling any secrets is it? I'm pointing out that it's a two way thing so take the faux 'oh dearie me, you let yourselves down' bull **** somewhere else.

edit: just a backdrop to why I'm a bit pissy about sermonising from mancs at the moment: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=268845.0

Last edited:
I will be cheering on Liverpool, I want Hodgson to stay, he has been fantastic for Chelsea as a manager of Pool

If we win, then Hodgson will think hes great and the confidence in him from the owners will shoot up. Which will be bullshit. If we win against United then its because its Liverpool vs a big team, which we normally do tend to do well in. How many were thinkin Hodgson is actually ok after we beat chelsea? Immieditley after we drew with Wigan and got beat by Stoke.

Defensive? Nah - tired of the same old bullshit from innocent little Mancs who miss out consistently the background and lead up to certain songs not getting self-policed by us and why sometimes quite frankly we can't be arsed trying to sing over or shut up some elements of our fanbase. Guilty? About what? About the fact that the atmosphere at matches between our clubs tends towards the vile and bad things tend to happen and disrespectful songs are sung? Not as if I'm spilling any secrets is it? I'm pointing out that it's a two way thing so take the faux 'oh dearie me, you let yourselves down' bull **** somewhere else.

edit: just a backdrop to why I'm a bit pissy about sermonising from mancs at the moment: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=268845.0

The thing is he never said it was a one way thing at all. Did he? He simply stated what he heard, and he said, he had honestly never heard it sung at an OT game... and he apologised if any of the OT supporters have offended you, as they are the minority like any set of fans like that, and you get all defensive over it, bringing up Utd supporters songs, when he was simply saying he didn't like the songs sung about Munich.. Your either looking to much into this, or just wanted to paint Utd supporters all with the same brush, either way it is BS