Hodgson regrets plea to Reds fans

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Under-fire Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson apologises to fans for any offence caused by his comments after the 1-0 home defeat by Wolves.

More...

What a **** end. How can you expect people to have faith in you when your begging the fans and consistently turning to the media for to complain.

Whatever he does, he is not going to convince the fans that he is the man for the job. The fans hate him and he just cant take it. This is the case when I admire El-Hadji Diouf. He is a ****, but doesn't care who the **** boo's him. Every time he gets subbed, he waves at each and every part of the stadium regardless he is being cheered or booed. Hodgson just has rabbit-ears

lol he's such a crappy manager anyways why would any club want him lol if you want a good manager they need to be scottish lol

along with Newcastle fans, Liverpool fans are probably the most passionate fans around. But they are nobodys fool, and know when the team are not performing and coupled with Hodgson negative tactics they are entitled to voice their displeasure. Roy has commited the cardinal of questioning the fans commitment

Time for him to go

lol he's such a crappy manager anyways why would any club want him lol if you want a good manager they need to be scottish lol

No, he's not a 'crappy manager' and plenty of clubs would want him. Just not Liverpool, or big teams.

What he did with Fulham was incredible, but it's obvious to most that he just cannot live up to the big time. He is more suited with smaller teams that are mid-table or relegation battlers possibly in the top-flight of a large footballing country.

Not sure about what you said in managers having to be Scottish to be good ..

He's a mad old man who wonders around moaning about stuff..

any manager could have did that with fulham it was nothing special and im sure im righte when i say scottish managers are best it must be our strong accent that makes them players respect us and i bet being scottish even at 68 he still would go ahead with any player that challenged him loll

[x]

I know that sometimes I come across a little rash when talking about Mr Roy Hodgson.

Although this surely proves a point that hes a complete idiot when managing anything especially the media, either he had a look around and thought that waht he said was going to anger poeple even more or hopefully he got told by someone much higher up that him like the Chairman that he should shut his mouth.

At the end of the day the only reason he is being payed and the only reason he has a team to ruin and a stadium to manage in and facilities to train on is because of the fans. So what is he thinking attacking them when they are already fuming with him. If he wanted to at least improve people's opinions he should have come out and held his hands up and admitted he was wrong instead of spending his post-match interview having a go at the people who he is place to impress.

I'm not going to hide how much I dislike him and want him to leave. If it's any relief to me and other Liverpool fans, Rory Smith a telegraph football journo who does all the Liverpool articles and who usually gets things about spot on reports that NESV aren't to happy with Mr Hodgson.

Right I'm done!

funny because at Fulham he seemed so dignified during his interviews , and in my opinion a reason why Liverpool choose him was because he didnt play politics or create divisions in the club unlike Benitez. Maybe the pressure of managing a big club with high expectation (however unrealistic ) has got to him. I think everyone realises how difficult job he has considering the poor squad and lack of money to spend.

the new owners are taking a senisible approach and not just spalshing the cash on high tranfer fees and wages, which is better in the long term.

or they dont rate Hogdson and want their own man in before opening the chequebook

funny because at Fulham he seemed so dignified during his interviews , and in my opinion a reason why Liverpool choose him was because he didnt play politics or create divisions in the club unlike Benitez. Maybe the pressure of managing a big club with high expectation (however unrealistic ) has got to him. I think everyone realises how difficult job he has considering the poor squad and lack of money to spend.

the new owners are taking a senisible approach and not just spalshing the cash on high tranfer fees and wages, which is better in the long term.

or they dont rate Hogdson and want their own man in before opening the chequebook

They have already spent 1.5m or so on Sylain Marveaux who will join in January although thats almost certainly Comoli's work who is thier own man.

They have already spent 1.5m or so on Sylain Marveaux who will join in January although thats almost certainly Comoli's work who is thier own man.

not a big fan of "director of football" as it undermines the manager. they dont have it at Man Utd or Arsenal. looking at the job description of Comolli , why dont they just name him "chief scout" and let him work under the managers direction

He does need to learn when to speak though...

Rumours are that unless he gets 3 points vs Bolton on Saturday, he'll be out on his ear.

not a big fan of "director of football" as it undermines the manager. they dont have it at Man Utd or Arsenal. looking at the job description of Comolli , why dont they just name him "chief scout" and let him work under the managers direction

They only undermine the manager if they're bad at their job.

Commolli is in because NESV saw Hodgson buy Konchesky and Poulsen before they took over and they don't trust him with money.

on topic: wow, took him long to realise it was a bad move, probably only done it in a desperate attempt to salvage his relationship with the board.

I think this has gone way to far now.... look at what Roy Hodgson has available to him...

There are only three top class players which in my eyes are Gerrard (who is playing very average at the moment), Fernando Torres (he seems to have lose it completely) and Meireles (he does not look anything of the player I remember seeing when watching him play for Porto or National side) the rest are just average and playing very average lol. (Ok some may say Carragher and Agger are good enough but personally I think they are average - good)

I think Liverpool is probably a top six side at a push these days. Although Roy has had a bad start he has not been given enough time.... give him a season, after all Rafael Benitez was given chance after chance in his last few seasons.

Funny you say Chief Scout. Liverpool's current chief scout Eduardo Macia (My favourite scout in FM for years) leaves today for his duties to be overseen by Damien Comoli. I am gutted. :S

Anyway I'm not sure on Comoli. At the end of the day if he suits what NESV want then fair play as long as he delivers. One thing that usually happens though is that Directors of Football often are held accountable for bad signings/flops. Although is Roy stays until January (Hope not) that we will be able to indentify his signings by thier multiple hip replacements and walking frames:p