Hodgson voted Manager of the year

• Thread starter Thread starter Jake
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 3K
Redknapps is given to him by the league sponsors (Barclays)
Hodgsons is voted for by all managers of the football league.

I'd say being voted as Manager of the year by your peers would be more satisfying than an award decided by a closed panel.

Well done Hodgson. Even Redknapp said he deserved an award for what he has done and said he would get his vote for this award.

Inter Milan
******* Rovers
Switzerland
Bristol City
United Arab Emirates
Udinese
Fulham
Grasshopper
Neuchâtel Xamax

rofl. sorry to go off-topic but had to point it

Am I the only one who thinks this is a little undeserved? Fulham's league form has not been stagering this season and while the Europa League run is remarkable I think someone more like Ancelloti,Alex McLeish or Harry Redknapp deserves it.

Am I the only one who thinks this is a little undeserved? Fulham's league form has not been stagering this season and while the Europa League run is remarkable I think someone more like Ancelloti,Alex McLeish or Harry Redknapp deserves it.

I personally think this is Deserved like ****, dont forgot his Brief was Premier league survival at the start of the year, on a small budget, small squad he has took them to a safe prem place. he has also took them to a europe league final, beating teams such as Juve, Shaktar, Wolfsburg and Hamburg on the way, they are sides with a lot more industriuos names then Fulham, they also have much bigger budgets and crowds. He has taken a small Modest club on the brink of makinf history

I personally think this is Deserved like ****, dont forgot his Brief was Premier league survival at the start of the year, on a small budget, small squad he has took them to a safe prem place. he has also took them to a europe league final, beating teams such as Juve, Shaktar, Wolfsburg and Hamburg on the way, they are sides with a lot more industriuos names then Fulham, they also have much bigger budgets and crowds. He has taken a small Modest club on the brink of makinf history

Completely agree. I mean, this is arguably the most successful season in club history. And Hodgson deserves a lot of credit for what they've done. I'm with Scott on this one. He fully deserves it.

Last edited:

I am not saying it is undeserved, rather than others might deserve it more. You make it out like Fulham have a poor squad when infact they have a squad more than capible of achieving European success like most premiership sides.

I am not saying it is undeserved, rather than others might deserve it more. You make it out like Fulham have a poor squad when infact they have a squad more than capible of achieving European success like most premiership sides.
fulham do have a poor squad there is at most 5 players who other top half teams would sign.

fulham do have a poor squad there is at most 5 players who other top half teams would sign.

dosent matter how poor the side is, its about the manger and if you think the sides poor than surely it shows what a great manager he is getting them to were they are now.

How do they have a poor squad?
If you'd said that about someone like Stoke then yeah I would agree but Fulham are far from poor. They have some great individual players going forward and are solid at the back aswell. They remind me a bit like the USA National team the way they play.

If this award is just for the EPL then I think Carlo deserves it. If it includes Europe aswell then Hodgson no question.

dosent matter how poor the side is, its about the manger and if you think the sides poor than surely it shows what a great manager he is getting them to were they are now.
that what i said kRIS SAID THEY DIDNT HAVE A POOR SQUAD, I SAID THEY DID SO woy did well (A)

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

How do they have a poor squad?
If you'd said that about someone like Stoke then yeah I would agree but Fulham are far from poor. They have some great individual players going forward and are solid at the back aswell. They remind me a bit like the USA National team the way they play.

If this award is just for the EPL then I think Carlo deserves it. If it includes Europe aswell then Hodgson no question.
What fulham players do top sides what there is at the most 5 players. I meant there players are poor, but as a team they are good but only because of woy

Capable of achieving European success, lots of sides are capable but haven't done it bar the top four and Boro, the likes of Tottenham, Villa and Everton have let us down in recent years with lets face it, much better squads. You can say he doesn't deserve it but he won the LMA Manager of year award but the largest majority ever so he's either paid a lot of Manager's and coaches or he is just insane :wub:

Imo, his achievments surpass just Europa League success and also a decent premier league campaign - beating teams like Man U etc. and deserving to beat Arsenal at the cottage (though i'm glad they didn't) but also - getting quality performances from:
Bobby Zamora (uh... who saw that coming?)
Zoltan Gera
Danny Murphy
Fully deserved and i think it would have been not right to give it to someone else - despite Ancelotti winning EPL etc.

There squad is full of internationals and players who have played at the highest level.

Danny Murphy and Damien Duff are key examples. Then you have the likes of Schwarzer,Zamora (linked with a few big sides),Gera,Dempsey,Konchesky has played for England,Hughes,Baird,Hangeland,Pantsil.

It's hardly a poor squad.

Capable of achieving European success, lots of sides are capable but haven't done it bar the top four and Boro, the likes of Tottenham, Villa and Everton have let us down in recent years with lets face it, much better squads. You can say he doesn't deserve it but he won the LMA Manager of year award but the largest majority ever so he's either paid a lot of Manager's and coaches or he is just insane :wub:

Again i repeat myself, I am not saying he does not deserve it. I just feel based on all round performance it may be better suited to another manager as your league form hasn't been staggering.

Hmm how is this a little undeserved? We have played 60 games this season and for a limited squad that is incredible. We may have finished 12th in the League but we got to the the qtr finals of the FA cup and we are in the final of the Europa League having beaten some teams alot better than us along the way. Our league form doesn't do us justice and I'm sure we would have finished higher if we weren't in Europe. Ancelloti has inheirted an incredible squad and tbh it's not like the Premier League this season was the hardest to win. Harry Redknapp has done a cracking job but give me a break mate, that squad is worth MILLIONS. They've spent alot at Tottenham so CL isn't exactly surprising. Alex McLeish has done a good job but what about Reading when they finished 7th in their debut season. I can't remember if Coppel won the award but no one was causing as big a fuss.

Hodgson definately deserves this award. It was voted on by other managers, journalists etc. And apparently he won by a LANDSLIDE. Nothing undeserved there mate.

Last edited:
Hmm how is this a little undeserved? We have played 60 games this season and for a limited squad that is incredible. We may have finished 12th in the League but we got to the the qtr finals of the FA cup and we are in the final of the Europa League having beaten some teams alot better than us along the way. Our league form doesn't do us justice and I'm sure we would have finished higher if we weren't in Europe. Ancelloti has inheirted an incredible squad and tbh it's not like the Premier League this season was the hardest to win. Harry Redknapp has done a cracking job but give me a break mate, that squad is worth MILLIONS. They've spent alot at Tottenham so CL isn't exactly surprising. Alex McLeish has done a good job but what about Reading when they finished 7th in their debut season. I can't remember if Coppel won the award but no one was causing as big a fuss.

Hodgson definately deserves this award. It was voted on by other managers, journalists etc. And apparently he won by a LANDSLIDE. Nothing undeserved there mate.

im not saying i dont agree with the desition because hodgson deserves it. but no matter what the premiership is not easy to win especially if his first season in a new country he left him staff in milan. his done a great job no matter what so its not easy.

There squad is full of internationals and players who have played at the highest level.

Danny Murphy and Damien Duff are key examples. Then you have the likes of Schwarzer,Zamora (linked with a few big sides),Gera,Dempsey,Konchesky has played for England,Hughes,Baird,Hangeland,Pantsil.

Again i repeat myself, I am not saying he does not deserve it. I just feel based on all round performance it may be better suited to another manager as your league form hasn't been staggering.
they are internationals but any top 8 side would most of them as i side there are about 5 players that are really good and that the top 8 would be interested in

Yeah granted it's his debut season which makes it a fantastic achievment for him personally but you have to admit Chelsea easily have the best and most experienced squad. The other 3 teams dropped a little due to sales and their general performances. That is reflected in the fact Chelsea beat the other 3 teams out of the "big four" home and away this season.

Two seasons ago that would of been branded a poor squad, Hodgson has rescued nearly all of there's footballing careers, without him, this squad would be fighting relegation this season. Most of them were pretty **** bar Murphy, Schwarzer and Duff when they came to Fulham.

Back