Hodgson voted Manager of the year

• Thread starter Thread starter Jake
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 3K
Yeah granted it's his debut season which makes it a fantastic achievment for him personally but you have to admit Chelsea easily have the best and most experienced squad. The other 3 teams dropped a little due to sales and their general performances. That is reflected in the fact Chelsea beat the other 3 teams out of the "big four" home and away this season.

yer definatly had the best squad but how many times does that still fail. i belive roy was worthy winner but carlo deserves praise without a dout, his a big game player he knows how to win against the top teams and has done always. well done to roy though and even though im not keen on fulham i hope they win thurday nite.

Thank god Redknapp didn't win it, he's an actual **** on a head.

On topic i think it was always going to be Hodgson, he's likeable, modest and a great manager and nobody deserves it more. Hopefully if Martin O'Niel leaves Hodgson will replace him :)

Hmm how is this a little undeserved? We have played 60 games this season and for a limited squad that is incredible. We may have finished 12th in the League but we got to the the qtr finals of the FA cup and we are in the final of the Europa League having beaten some teams alot better than us along the way. Our league form doesn't do us justice and I'm sure we would have finished higher if we weren't in Europe. Ancelloti has inheirted an incredible squad and tbh it's not like the Premier League this season was the hardest to win. Harry Redknapp has done a cracking job but give me a break mate, that squad is worth MILLIONS. They've spent alot at Tottenham so CL isn't exactly surprising. Alex McLeish has done a good job but what about Reading when they finished 7th in their debut season. I can't remember if Coppel won the award but no one was causing as big a fuss.

Hodgson definately deserves this award. It was voted on by other managers, journalists etc. And apparently he won by a LANDSLIDE. Nothing undeserved there mate.

60 games? Big woop Your squad is full of processionals playing at the highest level,It would be an abomination if they couldn't manage. Barcelona don't have the biggest squad in the world and manage just fine with the amount of games they play.

In regards to your comment about Redknapp and Spurs, Yes the club have spent money but Liverpool have a great squad to begin with, not to mention Man City and the players they brought in. Add in Villa and Everton and you have to think they have done well.

Why not vote for Avram Grant? He has taken debt ridden Portsmouth to the F.A Cup final despite all there problems?

Perhaps I have came across to strongly in my OP, I basically feel that everyone...since the Juve come back, which was epic I might add has jumped on the Fulham bandwagon. I don't think a European run solely merits the award.

they are internationals but any top 8 side would most of them as i side there are about 5 players that are really good and that the top 8 would be interested in

Can you say that again in English please? Or at least learn to use full stops ?

Yeah granted it's his debut season which makes it a fantastic achievment for him personally but you have to admit Chelsea easily have the best and most experienced squad. The other 3 teams dropped a little due to sales and their general performances. That is reflected in the fact Chelsea beat the other 3 teams out of the "big four" home and away this season.

I think it's been an amazing first season, He has not spent a penny,scored over 100 goals and beaten Liverpool,Arsenal and Man Utd away. They are about to win the F.A Cup,Drogba has re captured his form,He lost key players in January due to the African Nations,The John Terry scandal and lack of Essien all season are all key factors.

Two seasons ago that would of been branded a poor squad, Hodgson has rescued nearly all of there's footballing careers, without him, this squad would be fighting relegation this season. Most of them were pretty **** bar Murphy, Schwarzer and Duff when they came to Fulham.

I don't really know what your point was with this post?

I am not saying it is undeserved, rather than others might deserve it more. You make it out like Fulham have a poor squad when infact they have a squad more than capible of achieving European success like most premiership sides.

There squad is full of internationals and players who have played at the highest level.

Danny Murphy and Damien Duff are key examples. Then you have the likes of Schwarzer,Zamora (linked with a few big sides),Gera,Dempsey,Konchesky has played for England,Hughes,Baird,Hangeland,Pantsil.

It's hardly a poor squad.

Them Names you have given, are players who's careers where going downhill befre Hodgson revamped them.

Murphy was going no-where at Charlton, Relegated with Chalrton.

Duff Same with newcastle, looked finished.
Zamora-- couldnt hit a barn door at westham. It was said he wasnt Prem quality at one point.
Konchesky- Going no- where for westham
Hughes- Hw bad did he look in a newcastle shirt.
Gera-- yoyo man, played brilliant in championship, but did **** all in EPL until hodgson

all these players have been reborn under hodgson.

Them Names you have given, are players who's careers where going downhill befre Hodgson revamped them.

Murphy was going no-where at Charlton, Relegated with Chalrton.

Duff Same with newcastle, looked finished.
Zamora-- couldnt hit a barn door at westham. It was said he wasnt Prem quality at one point.
Konchesky- Going no- where for westham
Hughes- Hw bad did he look in a newcastle shirt.
Gera-- yoyo man, played brilliant in championship, but did **** all in EPL until hodgson

all these players have been reborn under hodgson.

Again i feel to see what your point is with this post? They are still premiership/international quality. I am in no way doubting the guy's managerial ability I love what he has done in his managerial career.

Sick of repeating myself now.

Back