Holding Midfielder Role

The thread was 4 weeks old, completely outdated and you posted on it which is Necroposting. I thought the image was perfect for the occasion.

4 weeks is hardly necroposting, back on topic please. :wub:

haahhhaaha trying to get this site going <) been boring last couple of days now
necro posting, i like that!

I've been wondering if it's worth holding onto Mascherano or should I go for Veloso? I've heard the hype over Veloso all too much so I know what he's capable of but at the risk of upsetting the team balance and harmony I don't want to get him if he's not going to be that much better than Masch. This is how I line up (unless I'm playing a strong team I put in a second cm for Marquinhos and play two in the mids with one up front).

mascherano is much better than veloso, dont sell him

Both are fantastic players. I used to use both in my team. Veloso is better at attacking and going forward but Mascherano is better defensively so jut decide what you expect from your DM.

Oh and it's almost never worth selling Mascherano due to the 80% sell-on clause.

Cheers guys. Masch's sale clause would expire eventually wouldn't it? After four or so years?

Do you lot have your DM/CMd set to rarely make forward runs or mixed? or does it not make a difference

If I have DM that can't hit a barn door then I put it on rarely (But only when he is in the CM position).

Rudolph Austin - jamaica is a classy player for most teams! 17 long shot, passsing high! and is dirt dirt cheap! maybe 5 k max, he is a good premier DM and is farely young too!
has anybody found this guy yet? or used him?

he was competing well with Lustenburger for the DM spot in my team! check him out.

Do you lot have your DM/CMd set to rarely make forward runs or mixed? or does it not make a difference

Personally I only have my cm's run forward if I'm playing weak opposition at home or I'm really dominating and have been applying constant pressure for a good 10 minutes. But I play with two up front and 3 am's so I don't want to commit too many men to attack and leave a big gap for the opposition to exploit.