Cbarber871

Reaction score
Ok guys so i have never done this in any past FM's so i want to try and achieve it.....and this s the English Hero challenge... i had no idea who i wanted to to be so i asked fm to pick a team for me so who did i get then.....
View attachment 208951

View attachment 208950

So i had never heard of this team to be fair so i had to have a quick look at Wikipedia for info so here is a brief history
AFC Fylde is a football club based at Warton in the Borough of Fylde in the English county of Lancashire. The club were known as Kirkham & Wesham F.C. until the end of the 2007–08 season. Having spent most of its existence in the West Lancashire League, after winning the league title for seven out of eight seasons the club were accepted into North West Counties League Division Two in 2007. They currently play in the National League North. The club won the FA Vase in 2008.

So what i will do is a round up of August and the transfers i brought in...then every month adn so on

Ok guys so i have never done this in any past FM's so i want to try and achieve it.....and this s the English Hero challenge... i had no idea who i wanted to to be so i asked fm to pick a team for me so who did i get then.....
View attachment 988212

View attachment 988213

So i had never heard of this team to be fair so i had to have a quick look at Wikipedia for info so here is a brief history
AFC Fylde is a football club based at Warton in the Borough of Fylde in the English county of Lancashire. The club were known as Kirkham & Wesham F.C. until the end of the 2007–08 season. Having spent most of its existence in the West Lancashire League, after winning the league title for seven out of eight seasons the club were accepted into North West Counties League Division Two in 2007. They currently play in the National League North. The club won the FA Vase in 2008.

So what i will do is a round up of August and the transfers i brought in...then every month adn so on

Good luck with this game mate
o.png

August

Ok so pre season complete and we lost all but 1 game but it was against league opposition so kinda expected...So going into the season confidence was on the floor...so how can we do in the opening month..

Transfers..i had not money to get people in so i have to go for loan and non contract basis..so here are the new guys
View attachment 208775

Torres free new signing -MC Best rated signing
Sam Ramsbottom- Loan from Tranmere-GK----i needed a new keeper as i was not confident in my current one so welcome Sam
Ben Hurst- Loan from York city ST---i saw we were lacking in a guy who could get us goals...so i checked ou York city(darren-trotts-managerial-journey...i had just read this guys story so check it out)
Callum Rzonca-Loan from York city AML..again we had no width so i went to York again..

these 4 are the best guys i could find...the rest are just back up players and cover for injuries..

View attachment 208777

So we are unbeaten for the opening month

4 wins against...Solihull,Gainsbrough and Bradford PA,Stockport..
3 draws..we should have beaten

Curzon Ashton 1 vs Fylde 1..
i was furious with this game as we were dominant...and should not have needed to ****** it very late..
View attachment 208778
My best result of the month was the 3-1 win at home to stockport as they are predicted to win the league..

All in all i am happy with the results..as we are unbeaten and 2nd in the league however we just need to get our performence levels up and i do think we will have another good month..
View attachment 208776

Player of the month---Ben Hurst
6 Games 4 Goals and average rating 7.23
View attachment 208779

Last edited:
September Update
View attachment 208703
Gloucester 0 vs AFC Fylde 0

"Defensively we played very well, but the attacking 3rd was terrible..no penatration so no goals)

AFC Fylde 1(Rzonca) vs Tamworth 3

" just awful all round really...we got it back to 2-1 and had a shot to equalise but they hit us on the break and scored in the 90+2 minute"

AFC Fylde 2(Hinchliffe,Torres) vs FC United 0

"much better and a clean cheat to boot so very happy"

Boston 1 vs AFC Fylde 0

" well they were top and playing well..this was an edgy game with little attempts at goal we just were not awake after half time"

FA Cup Qualifier

Staylebridge 2 vs AFC Fylde 1(Hirst)

" i am happy that we are out to be fair as i can concentrate on the league...i know the old cliche"

So with September finished with we have dropped down to 5th and only won the 1 game..
View attachment 208702

My Player of the month
Yerey Torres: 1 Goal and 1 Assist.. average rating 7.14
View attachment 208701

October

AFC Fylde 1 vs AFC Telford 0
View attachment 208465
Matty Hughes got the only goal of the game we should have got more..Telford had 0 shots on target..so our defense did their jobs..

Corby 4 vs AFC Fylde 1
View attachment 208463
Well what a disaster this was...the game after i praise my defenders they completely mess up and cost us 3 points..On the plus side Matty Hughes scored again..

AFC Fylde 3 vs Staylebridge 2
View attachment 208464
Rzonca scored a very good goal..Hirst scored a tap in..Joey Johnson scored his 1st goal of his Career

View attachment 208461

So 2 wins in the 3 games played ...a very good month in my opinion

my player of the month

Tough choice but i have to go with this guy
View attachment 208462

He is playing out of his normal role and has an average of 7.0

Sorry guys i kinda got playing so here is round up of how we did and as you can see we had a lot of draws we just cannot seem to keep a lead

we played north Ferriby in the league and then in the cup both away...we lost in the league 3-0 but got revenge in the cup beating them 1-0 thanks to hinchliffe
we lost a gain in the league away to hendnsford 2-1 and they scored in the last minute so very unhappy...so on to the Fa Trophy...we played barrow who are in the league above us
and we got spanked...it didn't help we were down to 10 men as new signing Chris Rowney got sent off..we got back to winning ways beating solihull 1-0 at home after this it was back to back draws against Chorley who were 2nd at the time and a frustrating draw at home to Curzon Ashton
View attachment 208301

View attachment 208302

So the 2 new signings:
View attachment 208298
Chris Rowney...i had NO DM so he came in..he's not the best but i had no better choices
View attachment 208297
Sylvan Kitisu...I have a few injuries to key CB so brought this young Ugandan in he is 4 star potentiol so shoul be with us until League 2 at the very least​

January/February update

record W:4 D:3 L3
View attachment 207871
We opened up with a hard fought win against Chorley With Hughes and Rowney getting the goals for us...we then followed this up by losing to lowley Gainsbrough losing 3-2..Rowney and Hughes scoring yet again but it was not enough...A good win agianst lowersoft..with hughes scoring for a 3 game running...a bore 0-0 draw followed against Worcester..Corby beat us 4-1 in our meeting with them earlier in the season...but not this time we fought hard Hughes scored again in a 1-1 draw...we slipped back to playing rubbish football by losing to AFC Telford who ironically wanted me to be their manager which i turned down...back to back defeats followed as we lost to Nuneaton by 1 goal to nil..Another draw at home to Gloucester with Richie Baker getting the goal......Finally a win as we hammered Staylebridge 3-0...Mccarthy,hannigen and Torres getting the goals...we finished up by beating Promotion rivals Alfreton 2-1 with Hannigen getting his 2nd in 3 games Rowe got the winning goal.

View attachment 207872

So 6th in the League at this stage is fine by me as we are well place for a promotion push if we can play like we have the past 2 games we will be fine...

View attachment 207842
My Player of the Season so is Torres...26 games 4 goals 4 assists rating of 7.20

March update
View attachment 207459

AFC Fylde 2 vs Boston utd 1

View attachment 207519
Well we got our 1st win in 6 games thanks to an O.G and yet another goal from Matty Hughes..not bad from a winger

FC United 2 vs AFC Fylde 3
View attachment 207516
We then got a narrow victory against FC United with Matty hughes,Richie Baker and Josh Langley getting the goals...and just after this game FC United got relegated

AFC Fylde 4 vs Nuneaton 2
View attachment 207518

a 4-2 home win against nuneaton With Macrthey and Ryan Charnley grabbing a brace each and pushing us into the play off positions.

AFC Fylde 1 vs Bradford PA
View attachment 207502

A narrow win against Bradford PA..we played very well and should have got more goals on loan York winger Rzonca grabbing the goal..

Stockport 4 vs AFC Fylde 2
View attachment 207511
not the best way to end the month even tho we led 2-1 at one point i felt we would not win this

View attachment 207512

So 4th in the league..i am delighted with this as we are predicted 9th...we do play Brackley who lie 6th so if we can beat them that should give is the play off place...

Youth Intake

View attachment 207517

This was the only decent player that came through our youth set up..the Advanced playmaker can play CAM or MC so not sure where i will play him( any suggestions are welcome)

Player of the month
View attachment 207468
Yerey Torres had another outstanding month, but i went for Tom Hannigen he is only 1.5 star rated and attribute wise not the greatest but he was solid..he did get sent off against boston but he bounced back and played well against Nunetaon,Bradford PA and Stockport..

OK guys so the next update will be the end of season round up and the reveal if we manged to get promoted or not...

End of season review...

So we have April and may's results to go through

View attachment 207351

View attachment 207346

so we lost our 1st game against against promotion rivals Brackley by 2 goals to nil the guys just never turned up and we fell a bit behind the play off race.... a tame 0-0 draw against North Ferriby..we should have won this game we had 2 clear cut chances but did not put them away....so at this point i though we had blown it, so i made a few tactical tweaks and this did the trick...i arranged a team meeting to get the lads fired up and this seemed to work as we went away to Tamworth and beat them 2-0 with goals from both wingers in Hughes and Rzonca..after this game we welcomed Harrogate town and duly thrashed them 3-0 with goals from Torres,Rowe and Hinchliffe..last game of the season...we needed to win this one to get in the play offs...Worcester had nothing to play for as they were comfortably safe from relegation...and you guys know how they can just sit back and do nothing,but we got the result we needed and won 2-1..Hughes scoring yet again..as well as Baker grabbing what proved to be the winner...

SO Play offs it is..and we drew Chorley

LEG 1
Chorley 2 vs AFC Fylde 4

Our 2 wingers scored again in hughes and Rzonca..Rowe chipped in with 2 goals which is rare from our strikers

Leg 2

ACF Fylde 2 vs Chorley 0

Hughes and Rzonca scored for a 2nd game running...i do not know where we would be without these two guys

FINAL

Boston 1 vs AFC Fylde 3

3 in 3 for Rzonca and Rowe grabbing another Brace..

View attachment 207350

So Promotion in the bag,....i could not be happier the season went well...we did have some bad spells in September and January where we fell well behined but the lads did very well to recover form and get us an unexpected promoton...

Final League table
View attachment 207342

Club awards:

Best Player...
View attachment 207343
Yerey Torres rating 7.21 5 goals,5 assists and 7 man of the matches

View attachment 207347
Top Goalscorer: Matty Hughes 18 goals he also got 9 assists.

View attachment 207348
Most assists: Jamie Hinchcliffe

View attachment 207349

After the end of the season we had out youth set up audit and...it had remained how it was...so i asked the board to upgrade them and this is what they did..

-----------------------------------------------
so promotion to the National leagu.. i will play pre season and give you a transfer update once complete...i will try an get Rzonca again on loan of not i want to sign him permanently as he was very good...i will also try and get an affiliate club to get loans from

Transfer update and august update
View attachment 206571

Areas i thought we needed depth:

Goalkeeper: Urwin was not good enough...so James Montgomery(signed from AFC Telford)
was brought in as compition to Ben Hinchliffe

Centre Back:We only had 2 1st teamers and 1 yougster...so i brought in Berry and Maguire

Left Back:We only had Whittle..so he needed a back up to keep him fit..so in came Jake Green.

Wingers: we had a few good players but no one really with decent crossing so in came in came Bowerman,Bell and Rutherford

Strikers...Matty Hughes was the only guy who scored goals when put up front...he is a natural winger ...so i brought in a few..Matty Hamilton the ex wigan striker will come in and hopefully he can grab teh goals...also Akwasi Asante(ex birmingham striker)

The other signings were to bolster the central midfield due to my new tactic..

View attachment 206630

As You can see we had an overhaul of the squad...i am happy with the guys we brought in

View attachment 206642
So the opening game out our NEW stadium with over 5000 fans...yeah i know what the ****...our previous best attendence in the league was 812 last season against Chorley...but back to this game...WOW against a former League side as well Debutant Anthony Bell...1 goal and 3 assists he was simply superb

View attachment 206641

5 goals in the 1st half...as you guys would guess i am not happy with thsi so i tole the guys they needed to get better and get balls into the box and that they did Matty Hamilton grabbing his 2nd goal for the club..but not enough as we lost 4-2 against promotion contenders..

View attachment 206640

A much better performence from the team we took the Lead through matty Hughes..our passing in particular was most impressive...Berry did make a mistake which led to the equaliser but we shut down a bit of late pressure..

View attachment 206639
Another bad defensive display here and we could not get anything into there net...we had similer shots on target but of course did not put them away

View attachment 206638

Well i kinda expected a thumping to be far as we went that down to Accrington they had just been relegated so i knew they would be tough..we had the possesion but not the shots..i am getting the lads to work on this in training
View attachment 206637

So braintree were flying in 4th at the time..but we played extremley well and Paul Rutherford was in inspired form cutting inside and getting 2 very good goals on his Debut too...the annoying thing tho is these were the only 2 shots on target...much improvment needed..

View attachment 206629

So we are 18th..it does look bad but with some of the perfomences...i do believe we will be fine and stay up this season...we are predicted to finish 24th and Bottom...not gonna happen

Player Awards:

Top Goal Scorer: Matty Hughes 5 games..3 goals and 1 assist rating 7.05
View attachment 206587

Most Assists: 3 assists and 1 goal
View attachment 206586

Highest average rating.:7.33
View attachment 206580

End of 2nd season

Ok sorry about not updating...i was battling for form with this team and could not buy a win....i think this was due to the players i brought in they just were not good enough and it was our old guard that saved us from relegation.

so we were predicted to finish 24th and last...
View attachment 205705

i am actually happy with the finishing position due to our prediction...we were just too inconsistent to finish any higher than this..lessons need to be learned if were are to stay up or even get mid table.

View attachment 205706

here our fixtures....as you can see it was very patchy and i was very worried we would go down but thanks heavens Oxford City lost and we had a better goal difference..

Our 2 best prospects from our youth system

Dylan Park

View attachment 205704
He came through in my 1st season in charge...he has played a few games..but he got an injury so his potential took a hit... but i hope with a few more games he will get this back..

Chris Amos
View attachment 205707

My new young star 4 star potential he has played only 2 games and did ok..he will be a big part of my 3rd season..

---------------------------------------------------
Plans for next season...
+find some consistent form
+Finish Mid Table
+Overhaul the squad and remove deadwood

New Season and opening 6 games

View attachment 205336
Change in Assistant manager...

Colin woodthorpe did ok for the past 2 seasons but i wanted to freshen things up...so in came Asa Charlton to takeover

Key signings
View attachment 205334View attachment 205335

Adam Dugdale...the Former Crewe Centre Back came in and was made captain after matty Hughes left the club

Lewis Hornby--Cover for the CM position as i felt we just did not have enough in those areas

Rest of my signings
View attachment 205311

Ebsfleet united 0 vs AFC Fylde 1

View attachment 205355

we were very lucky to win this game...ebsfleet are a very good team but Hamiton snook in and berried the winner

AFC Fylde 0 vs Bristol Rovers
View attachment 205354
A very good point in my opinion they have just come got relegated so still have a few decent players..they had to defend like crazy late on as we piled on the pressure

Kidderminster 2 vs AFC Fylde 1
View attachment 205353
A fair result...we just were not at the races to..and fully deserved to lose

AFC Fylde 2 vs Accrington Stanley 2
View attachment 205351
Again another fair result..we both played well...it was a bit ominous when josh windass( son of former hull striker dean) scored in the 6th minute but we fought back and equalised in the 78th minute when Matty Hamilton scored his 2nd of the game and 3rd of the season

Harrogate town 2 vs AFC Fylde 1
View attachment 205352
A frustrating defeat here i thohjy we played very well...Torres and Bowerman in particular his goal got us back in the game but they got one in the 70th minute

AFC Fylde 2 vs Sutton utd 1
View attachment 205350
Bowerman started us on in the 25th minute to equalize following sutton utd's opener..Adam Dugdale got sent off just after half time...so i switched to counter and surprisingly this paid off and in the 78th minute Jake Mackreth scored the winner on the break...we sat back the rest of the game to secure the win

View attachment 205333
I'll take 13th place at this stage...we have 2 wins 2 draws and 2 losses from our opening 6 games

View attachment 205332

4 games 3 goals and 1 Man of the match performence..rating of 7.07

-------------------
we have some difficult games coming up in september..with trips to torquay,gateshead and a home game against grimsby..we need to push for promotion this year so beating these kind of teams is essential in doing that..

ok so sorry for no update for a while i just got carried away playing the save and also been busy with work...but i am aiming to get this back up and running...hope you guys will follow and any hints,tips etc you want to give is always welcome
-----------------------------------------------------------

Vanamrama National League
View attachment 199295
So we actually won the league to my shock...i changed the tactic for this season to a simple 4-4-2 with only 2 insturctions and this did the trick and as for my player of the season in Matty Hamilton he was a completly different player scoring 33 goals compared to his 7 last year
View attachment 199297
....and this was all done not spending a penny as in the 3 seasons to this point i have not had a transfer budget...and even in league two still none...

Here is my progress in League two so far

View attachment 199296

January and February results

View attachment 199158

So a new year can we keep up with the league leaders and really challenge for an unexpected promotion..

So we began new years day with a Home defeat to cambridge 1-0...we played ok but could not break them down

we went down to grimsby with my furious words stilling ringing in the lads ears and tehy responded by beating the mariners 1-0 thanks to Hamilton scoring another goal

we welcomed Wrexham to Mill Farm and an 8 goal game which we won 5-3 Hamilton Grabbing a Hatrick and Campbell a brace...but the defence worried me. Wrexham could have got back into it but our Keeper Stanek kept them from getting more with some excellent saves

Travelling to York next and a tame 1-0 win for us...we got a goal from a corner but not many more highlights other than that ...

Ok so my guys actually know where the net is and yet another 5-3 win this time against another Welsh team in newport county...Adam Cambpbell grabbing another Hatrick and Bowery a brace...what is wrong with this team at the minute...plying very well and scoring goals

Some high scoring games in this month..i am happy with our ability to score goals but some of the defensive work definatly needs working on...

We started the month with a 2-1 defeat to Oldham..they played very well and it was a fair result....we followed this up with the best result i have had with this club with a 9 goal thriller against AFC Wimbldon..Azeez scored a hatrick as i rested Hamilton for this game..Former Newcastle striker scored yet again...and John Walker scored his 1st for the club.....

then an 8 Goal thriller which ended 4-4..Hamilton,Bowery,Jackson and walker getting his 2nd in two games...we just could not keep the lead so well done on Port Vale for keeping the faith.

the worst thing i saw in my inbox was a message from my Head Physio..

View attachment 199162

A 3 Month injury to our key striker...so Azeez and Walker will be competing for the advanced forward role.

But this did not deter the lads who ripped Bury a new one with Adam Campbell grabbing a brace, azeez chipping in..followed by a debut goal from former liverpool youngster Brannagan

but we were brought back to earth with a 3-1 defeat to Northampton...we were flat and offered nothing...even Lewis Mcgugan's 25 yarder could not lift spirit..

Wow i have to say some amazing results here and high scoring games..5-2,6-3,4-4,4-1 brilliant..

View attachment 199157

A few players i have brought in and look to have a good future with us

View attachment 199159
Walker has played a few games for us and scored a couple of goals so very pleased..we signed him on a free from Cork city

View attachment 199136
He has not played yet as he got a gashed leg so he is is currently building up his fitness in the under 21's

Random stuff i have noticed

View attachment 199160
The smaller one first...Jason Lowe
No injury ended his playing carear...he just retired at 26 and is now a manager at macclesfield...i just don't get why...so if any of you guys have had any like this..i don't mind you posting them..

View attachment 199161
I kno jack has had his injury problems but the former asrenal plymaker...had a brief spell in italy with lazio...before going to newcastle...so a very good signing i'd say..

Interesting managment appointments

View attachment 199104

So former Sunderland Player Tanio is the Manager at liverpool...surley they could attract somone of a higher caliber

View attachment 199105
Brenden rodgers at Hull...interesting but i think his leval for a while

View attachment 199106
Paul Scholes's first Managerial job...so good luck

View attachment 199107

And again Rio Ferdinand's 1st job in managment

View attachment 199103

And Finally Michael carrick at Millwall

Last edited:
View attachment 197994

Well as you can see we finished in 2nd place 8 points behind Bolton...we were predicted to get lower table predicton but performed well beyond there ability in my opionion...we did sign 1 -2 free agents like Former Chelsea keeper Mitchell Beeney( and for you leeds fans...yes it is ex leeds keeper mark beeney's son)

i dont think we could have won the title as we had a bad run of 3 straight defeats at the end of feb...so League one here we come...

In the latter half of the last season i asked the board for a senior affiliate for litrally the 8th time and Finally they let me have one...i went with Man Utd just as they are the closest to us and it was more money per year...

Transfers:
View attachment 197946

IN

Kerien Burke- free from Cork City

Kalvin Phillips-free from Leeds united

Tom Burridge free Cardiff

James Wallace free from Charlton

Raheem Henley free

Alex Ganiyu Loan from Man Utd
Lewin Nyatanga-free

Mustafa Carayol-free

James Henry-free

Lawrie Wilson 27.5k from Birmingham

Kerion Freeman 70k from Bristol city

In my 1st 4 seasons with Fylde have never had a transfer budget to spend...so the sale of park has helped us get some players in...as you can see i have raided the bargain free transfers...

The Key Tranfers in:

View attachment 197947View attachment 197949
I believe these 2 will be the key signings this year...Alex has already come in and done amazing so far and james adds the experience to the side..

OUT

Dylan Park(regen) - Liverpool for 1.4m
Adebayo Azeez-Gillingham 37k
Adam Jackson-Grimsby town-19.5
Johad Ferretti- Valencia-275k

The Key One out

View attachment 197948
I am so sad to see Dylan Leave the club...i tried to keep him and the board accepted a bid on my behalf..i managed to overide this once but another bid came in and i had to just let hime go...i was so temtped to jsut resign as it is one thing i hate..but i am staying and i will put more emphises on youth set up to try and get more like him through...
the other out's were players that i though would not get a game...low and behold the bid from Valencia for ferretti...took me by suprise

So Pre season results

so to try and get some moeny into teh lub i arranged 3 cup tournaments to be played against top league teams to get tv revenue as they were all on telly...

cup 1 and 2 went as you would expect with us losing, but as you can see in cup 3 we beat swansea and newcastle and drew with everton
so i was absolulty thrilled with this...we then just decided to end it with a game against wrexham to get fitness before the start of the season..

View attachment 197980

View attachment 197993

AFC Fylde 2 vs Doncaster 2
Goal scorers:Campbell,McAleny

View attachment 197992

Capitol one cup round 1
Sheff wed 1 vs Fylde 2
Goal scorers:McAleny,Campbell
View attachment 197991

League 1
Scunthorpe 2 vs Fylde 0

Goal scorers: None
View attachment 197990

Fyalde 3 vs Cambridge 3
Goal Scorers:Campbell x2,Henry
View attachment 197989

Fleetwood 0 vs Fylde 3
Goal Scorers:McAleny,Campbell,OG
View attachment 197988

Capitol one cup round 2

Sheff utd 1 vs Fylde 1
(sheff utd won 4-1 on penalties)
Goal scorer:McAleny
View attachment 197987

League 1
Fylde 3 vs Walsall 0
Goal Scorer:Bowery,campbell,wallace
View attachment 197986

My Player of the Month is Alex Ganiyu

5 Games 7.50 rating..80% tackles and 78% pass completion..very good performences

it was close With Adem Campbell getting 6 goals in 7 games
but Alex looked very composed for a 19 year old

So 10th after 5 games... i will take this...we are predicted to get Mid table so if i stay around this result i will be happy, but i of course will try and get play offs if i can..

View attachment 197945