Holloway rages at Rooney impasse

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 49
  • Views Views 3K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Blackpool manager Ian Holloway criticises football's authorities for allowing prize asset Wayne Rooney to "manufacture" his exit from Manchester United.

More...

The man is an utter genius; regardless of his managerial prowess and ability, the fact that he speaks his mind (and that largely, what he says is common sense) makes him one of my favourite managers.

Seems like Ian Holloway is against free will.

Modern game needs more Ian Holloways, who gives honest opinions.

God :O he gets really angry and starts shouting !

Very interesting interview, certainly agree with most of his points.

It seems as though he believes that after a contract is up, a player should be forced into staying with his club if they want to keep him.

Am I hearing that right, or am I misunderstanding?

I love Holloway, speaks his mind and in general, couldnt be more right. Spot on Olly, nice to see someone standing up to uefa

It seems as though he believes that after a contract is up, a player should be forced into staying with his club if they want to keep him.

Am I hearing that right, or am I misunderstanding?

No he was saying that players who want to leave dont put any effort in during the last 12 months of their contract as they know that they can leave at the end of the season and get paid alot of money. Also he said he doesnt like the fact that agents kind of bully managers into selling a player as if the player decides if he is sold or not even though he has a contract which must be honoured, yet it is not.

Am i right?

No he was saying that players who want to leave dont put any effort in during the last 12 months of their contract as they know that they can leave at the end of the season and get paid alot of money. Also he said he doesnt like the fact that agents kind of bully managers into selling a player as if the player decides if he is sold or not even though he has a contract which must be honoured, yet it is not.

Am i right?

Yeah, but his comparison to his car being returned seems to make me believe my theory was correct.

The man is a legend.

'Sort your life out. Thats all I'm saying.'

I think Jose has competition to be the next Man United manager.. :wub:

Holloway is a legend tbh :wub:

Quality accent as well ;)

Next England manager!

Back