Holloway scornful of Adam offer

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Blackpool manager Ian Holloway describes a bid of £3.5m for Charlie Adam as "absolutely disgraceful".

More...

Holloway's got to be more careful over this considering that Adam's contract is up at the end of next season and I highly doubt he will sign a new one when he knows he can earn more than double elsewhere. Can't see anyone bidding more than 4 Million to be honest.

Can't see why Adam would move, mid-table in the Prem at a club which absolutely adores him, I may be very naive though.

I think Charlie will sign A new contract due to the faith Holloway has shown in him, He speaks very Highly of him. I hope he stays with Holloway as he will learn alot from him IMO

Can't see why Adam would move, mid-table in the Prem at a club which absolutely adores him, I may be very naive though.

Money, he's only on 8k a week at Blackpool. His wage doesn't reflect his ability in footballing terms. Plus, there is no loyalty in football. I expect he will be moving either this summer or the next.

I think in this day and age teams should be looking at bidding 5-7 million for the lad.

I think in this day and age teams should be looking at bidding 5-7 million for the lad.
Indeed.

There's really no need for the chairmen to sell him this season anyway. As monetary windfalls go, nothing offered for Adam will rival what 'Pool will get for staying in the Prem.

I think City should put a 5-10m offer. The owner would probly accept it behalf of the manager :D It would be nice to see holloways reaction :D

Blackpool offers him an improved contract after this season and he helps them go far in the Europa League next season.

I think he will stay with Blackpool until summer and try and win a move to a bigger club i can realistically see Adam and holloway at liverpool for next season

I think City should put a 5-10m offer. The owner would probly accept it behalf of the manager :D It would be nice to see holloways reaction :D

He would flip... Perhaps not if it was a big amount of money but still.

I think he will stay with Blackpool until summer and try and win a move to a bigger club i can realistically see Adam and holloway at liverpool for next season
I'm pretty sure what's happened to Roy will put off any rising english manager from moving to Anfield.

I'm pretty sure what's happened to Roy will put off any rising english manager from moving to Anfield.
Not really, roy let himself down by not even attempting to adapt his tactics and ways.

Blackpool shouldnt accept anything less that 7.5 million

Not really, roy let himself down by not even attempting to adapt his tactics and ways.

Blackpool shouldnt accept anything less that 7.5 million

totally argee for how much they paid for him and the way he has been playing this season it put alot of players who think there better and paided more to shame.

Nothing Less Than £7.5m indeed

As has been mentioned, the money received for Blackpool retaining Premiership status will be far beyond any transfer fee offered for Charlie Adam.

I wouldn't be looking to sell him at all this season, and will just try and get something for him before his contract winds down next season.

I really hope he does nt leave and shows some loyalty but then I am ust being naive, If I was Holloway I would hang onto him until the summer and then sell him for a good 7-9 million before his contract runs out, I dont see Blackpool being able to hang onto him if clubs like Villa and Liverpool go in for him

The one thing we know, Regardless City making a 5-10 million bid, I reckon Holloway would always have a say in the matter as Blackpool without Holloway is well, Championship ?.. Holloway will not be bullied into selling Charlie I think thats pretty obvious. I also beleive that if Blackpool stay promoted most players will have a clause in theyre season that a wage rise a mandatory which will mean he will get a bigger wage. I don't beleive he should be in the top 4 as of yet. But would be good to maybe see him taking a bigger step if the money is right for Blackpool and the move is right for Adam. I really like Charlie and I even have an old rangers top with Adam on the back to prove I was a fan of him back in the day :p

Meh, if Holloway takes such a hostile stance on the matter, he risks losing Charlie Adam for free at the end of next season. Let's not forget that Adam took Blackpool to court over image rights which he won so I wouldn't he has undying loyalty for the club.

I agree, we get a slice of the transfer fee so the bigger it is the better for me (6)

In all seriousness, it is a bit of a derisory offer, but in fairness, Adam's one of the good guys in football, saw him a few times at Rangers games, nice enough lad, I reckon he could sign a new deal at Blackpool.

Meh, if Holloway takes such a hostile stance on the matter, he risks losing Charlie Adam for free at the end of next season. Let's not forget that Adam took Blackpool to court over image rights which he won so I wouldn't he has undying loyalty for the club.

Little bit harsh, he said it was nothing personal but he was owed the money. If somebody owed me thousands of pounds and they just earned millions I would sue them, no matter who it was. If he cared so much about doubling his wages he would demand a transfer to Birmingham, hardly a huge step up..