(Hopefully) Not a Swan Song: A Swansea City Story

Darthpootle

Reaction score
View attachment 298700

Hey everyone, this is my first attempt at a Football Manager story so go easy on me. ;)

JULY

Transfers:
View attachment 298706

IN:
Some of the standard release clause guys. Okore will rotate in CB, Nem will be a first teamer and Ademilson is a great backup/rotation for Graham. Gordon will be replacing tremmel, who will be leaving soon. Adryan too will be joining soon. Tried to get Kweuke too but he went to Spurs **** him. :p
More people may be coming in as the kitty is not empty yet.

OUT:
Got twice what lita was worth and paid for most of ademilson. Not bad, eh? Other two were not needed so got rid, both for more than they where worth. Tremmel will leave soon and working on getting Augustien out too.

Friendlies so far (if anyone cares):

View attachment 298710

(Blame the assistant for the last one)

That's it for the first month and more coming soon :)

Last edited:
View attachment 298890
Deadline Deals

August

Transfers

View attachment 298896

In:
As mentioned before Adryan has joined this month. On deadline day i loaned Jano in for backup as i am lacking wingers. I tried to sign Malouda but his wages were silly so walked away.

Out:
Didn't see a place for Gower or Augistien so i cashed in. Loaned out a few youth too. Spurs made a deadline day bid for Dyer but rejected my negotiation.

Fixtures

West Brom 1 - 1 Swansea
Michu

Swansea 1 - 3 Arsenal
Dyer

League Cup:

Swansea 3 - 0 Hartlepool
Ademilson (2), Michu

View attachment 298903

Not great but not awful either. We didn't deserve to lose 3-1 to Arsenal but the younguns did well against Hartlepool. We have Colchester in the next round so that should be winnable.

Last edited:
i too am playing as swansea and have made some very similar signings ie. Nem, Adryan and Okore, Nem was a first teamer and gave the others a good few games, have developed immensely. First thing I would recommend is upgrading facilities, feeder club, youth recruitment network and junior coaching, as the standard of youths you get first and second season is abysmal... I cam 4th overall in first season and 3rd in second with 5 games to go... can i see a screenie of your starting line up? Thanks

i too am playing as swansea and have made some very similar signings ie. Nem, Adryan and Okore, Nem was a first teamer and gave the others a good few games, have developed immensely. First thing I would recommend is upgrading facilities, feeder club, youth recruitment network and junior coaching, as the standard of youths you get first and second season is abysmal... I cam 4th overall in first season and 3rd in second with 5 games to go... can i see a screenie of your starting line up? Thanks

The board are upgrading the youth facilities and are searching for a feeder club at the moment but don't want to upgrade the training facilities yet.

As for the team:
View attachment 298915

Nem and Dyer are interchangeable as are Graham and Ademilson.

I personally found Ademilson didnt really hit it off first season about 11 goals in 30ish appearances... Have him and Destro year 2 rotating still and he is much improved 24 in 28, sign destro on a free comes for reasonable wages 40kish a week and scores bucket loads, over a goal a game for my team second season

Yeah I have recently started a Swansea game and it makes perfect sense to sign them players ASAP. have to say Dyer has been awesome for me on the left wing

View attachment 298916
Beat him ^
OCTOBER

Fixtures:

Stoke 0 - 0 Swansea

Swansea 3 - 1 Wigan
Graham, Nem and Schetcher

Swansea 1 - 1 West Ham
De Guzman

League Cup
Swansea 2 - 1 Colchester
Michu and Hernandez

Norwhich 3 - 2 Swansea
Graham and Ademilson

View attachment 298917

A month of extremes really. The Wigan game was great but the last game was very disapointing. We were poor in the league cup so we will need to be better against QPR in the next round. Ki is out for a few weeks aswell.

Destro would be awesome so ill try to get him in the future. And Dyer has been pretty good for me too, the goal he scored in the first month he took from his own penalty area and ran the length of the pitch to score!

yeah desto is a gd young player so defoe sign him...look for bocchetti too he could come on a free depending on how ur doing

Destro would be awesome so ill try to get him in the future. And Dyer has been pretty good for me too, the goal he scored in the first month he took from his own penalty area and ran the length of the pitch to score!

wow think I might give him some more opportunities I presently use Nem and Weiss as my wingers, Adryan (who has developed insanely well) is my starting AMC second season, occassionaly rotating with an argentine regen who annoyingly is immense and will prob overshadow Adryan in a year or 2 (I have played many saves, yet Adryan has never been this good!)

Signings I made for season 2:

Vladimir Weiss - Great winger scores and assists average rating 7.59 42 games, 13 goals 17 assists - got for free
Ricardo Carvalho - 19k p/w wages, great as a tutor for Okore, played 23 games and got 7.39
Will Hughes - 5m great midfield prospect from Derby, particularly useful as can play in variety of positions
Landon Donovan - good back up winger/striker - 18 determination so made an excellent tutor for my regen strikers
Michael Essien - paid 4.6m for him and using him to tutor my Will Hughes into a BWM, cost 56k p/w in wages, gets injured alot only played 19 games so far in my season with about 5 to go, but when he plays well is immense.

And ofcourse as I mentioned before Destro, will get you top prem scorer if utilised correctly...

Hope this helps and will be reading this story with interest as will be good to compare... If you want any advice or recommendations from my save let me know...

Btw i got Millwall as a feeder club, and they have been great... I have one more observation, but is it just me, or does the chairman at Swansea say no to a lot of things, after he gave me Millwall, he has refused outright everytime to allow me another feeder club, despite my league standing, have so many regens I wanna loan out...

wow think I might give him some more opportunities I presently use Nem and Weiss as my wingers, Adryan (who has developed insanely well) is my starting AMC second season, occassionaly rotating with an argentine regen who annoyingly is immense and will prob overshadow Adryan in a year or 2 (I have played many saves, yet Adryan has never been this good!)

Signings I made for season 2:

Vladimir Weiss - Great winger scores and assists average rating 7.59 42 games, 13 goals 17 assists - got for free
Ricardo Carvalho - 19k p/w wages, great as a tutor for Okore, played 23 games and got 7.39
Will Hughes - 5m great midfield prospect from Derby, particularly useful as can play in variety of positions
Landon Donovan - good back up winger/striker - 18 determination so made an excellent tutor for my regen strikers
Michael Essien - paid 4.6m for him and using him to tutor my Will Hughes into a BWM, cost 56k p/w in wages, gets injured alot only played 19 games so far in my season with about 5 to go, but when he plays well is immense.

And ofcourse as I mentioned before Destro, will get you top prem scorer if utilised correctly...

Hope this helps and will be reading this story with interest as will be good to compare... If you want any advice or recommendations from my save let me know...

Btw i got Millwall as a feeder club, and they have been great... I have one more observation, but is it just me, or does the chairman at Swansea say no to a lot of things, after he gave me Millwall, he has refused outright everytime to allow me another feeder club, despite my league standing, have so many regens I wanna loan out...

Thanks for that very informative as i only bought Fm13 2 days ago lol. And yes the chairman is very negative.

View attachment 298923
Cost me 6 points ^
October

Fixtures:

Liverpool 1 - 0 Swansea

Swansea 2 - 0 Sunderland
Graham and Richards

Swansea 0 - 1 Chelsea

League Cup
Swansea 3 - 2 QPR
Ademilson(2) And Dyer

View attachment 298928

Don't let the results fool you, the only reason we lost against Liverpool was because Vorm was injured. We dominated Chelsea but Jovetic was just too good for us. We came from 2 down against Qpr so some questions about the defence have been raised. Okore is out for a month aswell. In other news we have Sherrif as a feeder club now. Thanks for the responses so far an the November update will be coming soon.

out of curiosity how did you manage to get Sherrif, is that from asking for a feeder club for work permit reasons?? They have never allowed me that and I have been in charge 2 years,,,

Yeah work permits. Adryan has gone there for a few months as he is not getting in the team

November
View attachment 298930
FFFFFFUUUUUU
Fixtures:

Man city 3 - 1 Swansea
Graham

Aston Villa 1 - 2 Swansea
Graham and Ki penalty

Swansea 1 - 4 Fulham (WTF?)
Shectcher

Southampton 0 - 2 Swansea
Ademilson and Dyer

View attachment 298931

Well. Vorm is out for 6 months and Okore is out for 3. The city match went as expected and the Fulham match was..... well the less said about it the better.

League table:

View attachment 298932

Not bad so far but having Craig Gordon in nets until at least January could be a problem.

I used Guillermo Ochoa 4.1m as a back up to Vorm, does great tho when needed, another younger keeper to look at in your price range would be Jack Butland....

I used Guillermo Ochoa 4.1m as a back up to Vorm, does great tho when needed, another younger keeper to look at in your price range would be Jack Butland....
I forgot about Butland so ill have a look in January.

DECEMBER

View attachment 298943
Finding form
Fixtures:

Swansea 2 - 2 Reading
Angel Rangel and Leon Britton

League cup

Swansea 1 - 2 West ham
Graham

Everton 0 - 2 Swansea
Hernandez and Graham

Swansea 0 - 1 Spurs

Man Utd 3 - 3 Swansea
Nem (2) and Ademilson

Swansea 5 - 2 Newcastle
Graham, Michu, Jano, Routledge and Ki penalty

Swansea 2 - 1 QPR
Ademilson and Dyer

Swansea 2 - 2 West Brom
Graham (2)

View attachment 298945

Great month although we are out of the cup. A draw at Old Trafford was suprising and then the crushing win against Newcastle really helped morale. We missing Okore, Vorm and Taylor on long term injuries. Transfer window next month and i am already working on some deals.

January

View attachment 298973
Yep ^

Transfers:

Coming in were Manuel Pamic to help with the defence which has been plagued with injuries (ironicaly he too is now injured
:S).And ofcourse sideshow Bob himself has come in (on loan mind.) There is a future fee clause in the loan for 8.5 million so may be permanent next season. At the start of next season we will be bringing in Destro, Weiss and David Ospina.
No one of note going out.

View attachment 298975

Fixtures:

Swansea 2 - 1 Stoke
Williams and Nem

Fa Cup
Swansea 5 - 2 Man city (their 16 year olds dont get excited
:p)
Dyer, Nem, Monk, Ademilson and Graham

Arsenal 2 - 0 Swansea

Wigan 2 - 2 Swansea
Monk and Dyer

Swansea 3 - 2 Norwich
Nem and Dyer (2)

Swansea 4 - 1 Reading
Nem, Williams, Schechter and Dyer

Swansea 1 - 0 Liverpool
Dyer

View attachment 298976
Well thats a pretty good month. Happy with the signings especially Destro. The liverpool match was a very impressive smash and grab. Dyer and Nem are finding form and we are above Man utd in the table!

View attachment 298977