Great thread this btw

As always I plan on doing a long-term save with Liverpool and this one should be the most interesting of all

Team:

4-2-3-1

Carroll
(Adv. Fwd - Att.)

Suarez
(Inside Fwd - Att.)
Downing ----------------------------------------------------------------Henderson
(Winger - Att.)---------------------------------------------------------(Winger - Att.)

Gerrard ------------ Lucas
(Adv. Playmaker - Supp.)---(BWM - Supp./Def.)

Jose Enrique ------------ Agger ---------- Skrtel ------------- Kelly
(WB - Sup) --------- (BPD - Defend) ----- (CD - Defend) --------- (FB - Att)

Reina
(GK - Def)

Subs:
Doni
Coates
Johnson
Spearing
Adam
Bellamy/Maxi
Kuyt

Tactics:

There would definitely be a bit of rotation, as you can imagine, especially in the middle between Gerrard, Adam, Lucas, Spearing and Shelvey. As for the strikers it would all depend on form and tactical changes e.g. away to Stoke I would play Carroll, Bellamy, Downing and Suarez but at home to Wigan my front 4 would be Suarez, Kuyt, Henderson and Downing. As for CC games my team would be something like this; Doni, Flanagan, Coates, Carra/Wisdom, Robinson; Spearing, Shelvey; Maxi, Suso, Sterling; Bellamy.

Transfers:

After the 1st season I would be looking to sell Maxi, Skrtel, Kuyt, Aqua, Cole and maybe Spearing just to raise some funds. My transfer targets would be Neymar, Hummels, Gotze and hopefully Adam Johnson. Who knows maybe Carlos Tevez if he's still unhappy? Hopefully their bank balance will be a lot better than last year's game just to give me a chance to further strengthen their squad.

Expectation:

3rd place and try to build on that.

4-4-2 Pass and Move

Goalkeeper
Pepe Reina

Defense

GJ (WBA) -- Carra (CB C) -- Agger(CB X) -- Enrique(WBS)

Midfield

Kuyt(Winger cut inside S)-- Lucas(Ball winning D)-- Adam/Gerrard(Adv Plymkr S) -- Downing( Winger A)

Strikers
Andy Carroll(TrgtMan A) -- Luis Suarez(Trequartista A)

SUBS
Doni/Kelly/Coates/Aurelio/Henderson/Spearing/Bellamy

Youths
Gulacsi/Flanny/Robinson/Wisdom/Suso/TSilva/Sterling

TACTICS
Luis Suarez will be give the free role to aid the attacking link of the midfield. Kuyt will pop in at the right side of the goal as downing will provide quality crosses to the far post where kuyt will be ready to score a stunner and carroll will head in. Carroll will not be allowed to run from deep and only stay up front hassling their defenses. Adam will be rotated with Gerrard depending on fitness and wingers. Henderson will be given to roam at the wings or be a playmaker. Lucas will be at the back of the midfield getting ready to prevent counter attacks and maybe start attacks from the back like Xabi Alonso. GJ and Enrique can do forwards runs to aid the wings. If Steven Gerrard is getting himself too many injuries, suarez will be give the captaincy role with Pepe being 2nd VC

Signings

A quality striker who is able to play alone upfront and can be deployed as either a targetman or a trequartista. I am hoping to sign huntelaar or Mario gomez(hopefully a stat increase). A Wonderkind Centre midfielder whom i can groom to be gerrards replacement.

In the immortal words of Dylan Moran: "Sideways. I have no nipples, it's more aerodynamic."

Wigan Athletic:
Ali Al-Habsi

Emmerson Boyce --- Gary Caldwell --- Antolin Alcaraz --- Maynor Figueroa
Full Back [Auto] ----------- CD [Stopper] ----------- CD [Cover] ----------- Wing Back [Attack]

Momo Diamé

Anchor man [Defend]
Ben Watson ----------- James McCarthy
DLP [Support] ---------------------- AP [Attack]

Victor Moses ------------------------------------------------ Albert Crusat
Inside Forward [Attack] ---------------------------------------- Winger [Support]

Franco Di Santo

Target Man [Attack]

Subs:
Kirkland, Lopez, Stam, Thomas, McArthur, Jordi Gomez, Rodallega.

Expectations:
Europe within 4 seasons, Silverware within 3 seasons, mid table within 2 seasons.

I'll probably stick with this line-up because I can't see them having much money to spend. Depending on how much I do have to spend, I could probably do with buying a better defender and a better Striker.

Last edited:
Myhill

Carr-----Caldwell-----Davies-----Ridgewell

Burke-----Mutch-----Spector/Gomis-----Beaseujour

Zigic-----King

Expectations
With dodgy on goings with the board, Consolidation will surely be the realistic expectation, although at a push I will be looking at play offs/promotion.

Transfers/Transfer policy
In this game, I will try and bring through my youth players rather then spending the extra money on players.
Mainly freebee's on experienced players will be my main transfer business during the first couple of seasons. Possibly loan in a few extra talented youth players to help out.

Backup/youth players
There is some quality players coming through the ranks with Redmond, Asante, Butland, Packwood, Ntwambe, Gnahore & Jervis to name but a few, are coming through nicely, so will look to break these players in against the lower teams in cups etc. A possible loan out to the lower leagues will definetly be on the cards for a few of them.

BRING IT ON!

Everton
Howard

Neville --- Jagielka --- Distin --- Baines

Rodwell --- Fellaini --- Cahill

Coleman --------------------- Drenthe

Saha

Will switch Cahill to attacking midfield for lesser teams.

Bench:
Heitinga
Leon Osman
Ross Barkely
Magaye Gueye
Bily
Dennis
Vellios/Anichebe

Transfers:
I will look to sell fringe players and youngsters i won't use, Hibbert will be sold (with a buy back clause :p)
I will loan out some youngsters, Baxter, Wallace, Mustafi, Forchaw and Duffy depending on their future rating. If its not good then I will sell them.
I will try to bring through youth players, cheaper than buying players.

Players to buy:
Will need a right back/centre back so Armend Dallku fits that perfectly (if hes as cheap as FM 11)
Arteta replacement - Moutinho or similar
Winger - no idea
Strikers - Roux/Gameiro and Muniain should do if I can get the funds
Will look at free agents a lot and expiring contracts.
Most of these won't be signed till season 2.

I will try and get Europe, need a good cup run for money, just be consistent and pick up points at home and to lower league teams away.​

Last edited:
Arsenal -

GK - Wojciech Szczesny

LB - Kieran Gibbs
CB - Per Mertesacker
CB - Thomas Vermaelen
RB - Bakary Sagna

DM - Alex Song
CM - Mikel Arteta
CM - Jack Wilshere

AML - Gervinho
AMR - Theo Walcott
ST - Robin van Persie

SUBS:
GK - Lukasz Fabianski
LB - Andre Santos
CB - Laurent Koscielny
CM - Aaron Ramsey
AMR - Yossi Benayoun
AML - Andrey Arshavin
ST - Chu Young Park

Expectations:

First season:
Premiership - Top 3 finish
FA Cup - Final
League Cup - Winner
Champions League - Quarter Finals

Second Season:
Premiership - Title Challenge (Top 2 finish)
FA Cup - Final
League Cup - Winner
Champions League - Semi Finals

Others:

Will look to bring through youngsters (Campbell, Chamberlain, Miyaichi, Miquel etc.)

Manchester United 4-4-2

De Gea
(Goalkeeper-D)

Rafael--------------------Phil Jones------------------Vidic--------------------Evra
(Full back-S)----------------------(Central Defender-Cover)------------(Central Defender-Stopper)--------------------------(Full back-S)

Fletcher----------------Anderson
(Box-to-box midfielder-S)----------(Advanced playmaker-S)

Nani--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ashley Young
(Winger-A)-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Winger-A)
Chicharito-------------------Rooney
(Poacher-A)----------------------(Deep lying forward-S)

Transfers
IN: Mario Fernandes,Gotze,Jovetic
OUT: Kusczak,Gibson,Park,Owen,Berbatov,Mame Biram Diouf,Pogba(loan),Ravel Morrison(loan)
SUBS
Lindegaard,Rafael,Smalling,J.Evans,Ferdinand,Fabio,Carrick,Cleverley,Gotze,Valencia,Giggs,Welbeck,Jovetic,Macheda

Last edited:
Great thread :)

I will definitely be starting a long term save with the team i support which is Liverpool (which seems to be common place in this thread). I'll be implementing my solid 4-3-2-1 formation that worked wonders in my Liverpool save from FM11.

GK: Reina
LB: Enrique
RB: Johnson
LCB: Agger
RCB: Carragher
LCM: Adam
CM: Lucas
RCM: Gerrard
LW: Downing
RW: Suarez
ST: Carroll

Subs: Doni, Kelly, Coates, Henderson, Spearing, Kuyt, Bellamy
Reserves: Gulasci, Flannagan, Robinson, Skrtel, Wilson, Suso, Shelvey, Maxi, Wisdom

Enrique and Johnson will be encouraged to overlap against the lesser teams whilst remembering their defensive responsibilities in the big games. Agger will play alongside Carragher in what I think would be an amazing partnership in real life if Agger wasnt so injury prone. Adam will be an attacking playmaker, Lucas Defensive Anchorman whilst Gerrard will be a Supportive box to box midfielder. Downing will be an attacking winger whilst Suarez will be played in the inside forward role and of course Carroll will be deployed as a target man.

I will be looking to sell Skrtel and Maxi whilst sending out the likes of Wilson, Suso, Shelvey and Wisdom on loan. Failing that then this is where they will sit in my squad. I will also be looking to bring in another young striker as well as as centre-half to eventually take over from Carragher. Coates is more of a replacement for Agger in my eyes and Agger will also be sold if his injuries persist. All the subs will be rotated regularly and if I dont manage to sell them; Skrtel and Maxi will have to be squeezed in with the money they are earning. I will try and give Doni all League Cup games along with a few games against the poor teams in the FA Cup.

All in all I think the squad we not have looks far better than last season. We have a couple of little gems in there and I think I could probably win the league with a foundation like this within a couple of years (that will be my aim anyway). I am really looking forward to FM12 and seeing what I can accomplish with an already decent squad.

I always play 2 saves - Manchester United and England.

Man United:
GK - De Gea
RB: Smalling
CB: Vidic
CB: Ferdinand
LB: Evra
MC: Cleverley
MC: Anderson
RW: Nani
LW: Young
ST: Rooney
ST: Welbeck

England:
GK: Hart
RB: Smalling
CB: Shawcross
CB: Terry
LB: Baines
MC: Cleverley
MC: Gerrard
RW: Lennon
LW: Downing
ST: Rooney
ST: Defoe

GK - STEELE
RWB - HOYTE
CB - WILLIAMS
CB - MCMANUS
CB - BATES
LWB - BENNETT
CM - ROBSON
CM - BAILEY
CM - HAROUN
ST - EMNES
ST - NIMELY

De Gea

Jones Ferdinand Vidic Evra

Anderson Fletcher

Nani Young

Rooney

Hernandez

Will start by doing a long term game at my team, Celtic!

Fraser Forster

Adam Matthews Kelvin Wilson Charlie Mulgrew Emilio Izaguirre (Badr El Kaddouri at start)

Scott Brown Ki Sung-Yeung Beram Kayal Joe Ledley

Anthony Stokes Gary Hooper

Subs

Lukasz Zaluska
Mark Wilson
Daniel Majstorovic
James Forrest
Kris Commons
Mohamed Bangura
Victor Wanyama

Fringe Players
Georgios Samaras
Cha Du-Ri
Paddy McCOurt
Glenn Loovens
Thomas Rogne
Filip Twardzik
Paul George

Expectations

League - Must win main priority
Europa League - Minimum of group stage
Scottish Cup - Would like to win not pivotal
League Cup - As above but will play subs and fringe players in the majority

Transfers

Hopefully manage to sell a few fringe players like Georgios Samaras, Cha Du-Ri and Paddy McCourt. Will try and bring in another striker targets Scott McDonald and hopefully Rickie Lambert. Extra defensive cover too main target Liam Ridgewell and maybe Danny Wilson on loan. James McFadden if he is still a free agent will be worth looking at aswell as young Dundee Utd midfielder Scott Allan

Youth Players

There is a few youth players that I will look to bleed into the squad over the first few seasons with sub appearances and cup games and the players I will look to bring in are, James Keatings, Paul Slane, Lewis Toshney, Dylan McGeouch,Paul George, Patrik and Filip Twardzik

Will rotate my team depending on opposition majority of games I will play the 4-4-2 above but for tough away games ie Old Firm games or big Euro games I'll play a 4-2-3-1. Sometimes Brown will be dropped or moved into the CM role to allow James Forrest games as he will be a big player now and in years to come

Hibernian

Stack
New LB Hanlon O'Hanlon Towell
Booth Osbourne Scott Sproule
Griffiths O'Connor

Long term save as Borussia Dortmund. I'm planning on using a 4-3-2-1 formation instead of the 4-2-3-1 we're using in real life atm. In FM11 neither Gündogan nor Leitner have impressed me, so i'll try to bring in 1 or 2 new central midfielders in or let Götze play there.

Weidenfeller
Piszczek (wb) Subotic (limited) Hummels (ball playing) Schmelzer (wb)
Gündogan (box to box) Bender (ball winner) Leitner (dl pm)
Götze (adv. pm) Kagawa (treq)
Barrios (dlf)

Transfers:
Marc-Andre ter Steegen (GK)
or
Bernd Leno (GK)

Kroos (AMC, MC, hopefully he wants to leave Bayern ;))
Lars Bender (MC)
Nuri Sahin (MC, after he fails at Real Madrid i'll get him cheap)

Marco Reus (AMC, AMR)

But looking at Dortmund's finances i will be able to afford 1 maybe 2 at most. Barrios is the only player in the sqad i don't like so maybe i sell him and play Kagawa as a striker.

I will play as S.S. Lazio once again.

Probably going to line up in a similar way to what I have posted on my blog right now. Sort of sad to see Fernando Muslera gone (along with Zarate). It will be difficult to cope without them in the beginning. I see that Lichtsteiner left as well. This is a much different team than the one they had last year. Their attack looks almost 10x better (with exception to missing Zaraté). They will be an interesting team to play with in this year's version.

Theoretical Line-Up: 4-1-2-3 (Attack)

**Hérnanés could play as Deep Lying Playmaker, or I could play Lorik Cana in the same midfield position as an Anchorman for matches vs. bigger clubs like Inter or AC Milan/Juventus.**

(GK) Marchetti
(LB) Garrido
(LCB) Radu
(RCB) Diakité
(
RB) Stankevicius
(DMC) Cana
(LCM) Hérnanés
(RCM) Matuzalém
(STCL) Klose
(STC) Cissé
(STCR) Rocchi
-------------------------
SUBS:
S1 - (GK) Bizzari
S2 - (LB) Zauri
S3 - (RB) Konko
S4 - (CB) Stendardo
S5 - (CB) André Dias
S6 - (MC/AMC) Lulić

S7 - (STC) Sculli

Overall, this is very similar to the way I play now, although I assembled one **** of a squad on that save file.

West Bromwich Albion (Best team in the world, just not playing to our best at the moment xD)

Formation: 4-1-2-2-1

GK - Ben Foster
RB - Steven Reid
RCB - Gabriel Tamas
LCB - Jonas Olsson
LB - Nicky Shorey
CDM - Youssouf Mulumbu
RCM
- Graham Dorrans
LCM - Chris Brunt
RW - Somen Tchoyi
LW - Jerome Thomas
ST - Peter Odemwingie

Subs.

S1 - Marton Fulop
S2 - Gareth McAuley
S3 - Gonzalo Jara
S4 - Paul Scharner
S5 - James Morrison
S6 - Simon ***
S7 - Shane Long

I don't intend to use the 4-4-2 we seem to be using in real life since we have lost the ability to control the midfield now, we used to be able to work the ball around the midfield before presenting an opportunity at goal, but now we can barely get the ball moving around. So I shall still with the tactic that helped us through the 10-11 season.

I plan to rotate Odemwingie & Long as the season progresses, giving Long substantial time to adapt to the premiership and blend with the squad. If I am going to defend a lead then I shall change to a 4-2-1-2-1 with 2 defensive midfielders thus bringing on Scharner replacing either Brunt or Dorrans (Depending on the energy percentage & match rating).

I know for a fact that I will be offloading either Bednar or Fortune, depending on who has the better stats or maybe both if they are not very good. I will potentially sell Gonzalo Jara if I can find a suitable replacement. Everyone else I will more than likely keep just so I have adequate backup.
These 2-3 sales should at least up my up my transfer budget enough to get in a young goalkeeper in case Foster will cost too much at the end of his loan. I need a left back to replace Shorey since I suspect he won't have good enough stats to make a difference in the premier league this year, plus Joe Mattock will be sent out on loan to get some more experience. A young striker will be needed to fill the gap left by Bednar & Fortune when I sell them. Also to provide backup to when Odemwingie or Long gets injured or tired, plus to fill the gap in the future when Odemwingie starts declining from his advancing years. A winger is needed just for backup, since the only decent backup is Gera but he is 32 years old and will decline sooner or later.

But yeah thats how I will start up xD

Chelsea

My Chelsea team (long term save):

238664_Chelsea.jpg

SUBS:
Ross Turnbull
Alex
Frank Lampard
Didier Drogba (Rotate with Romelu Lukaku during 'lesser' games)
Jose Bosingwa
Josh McEachran (May send on loan if right club made an offer)
John Obi Mikel

IN:
AMC - Mario Gotze (Top transfer target, push Mata as AML if successful)
RB - Diego Renan (WP permitting, Van Der Weil as backup)
DM - Andrea Poli (Ambitious as he's just signed for Inter)
AML / R - Kevin De Bruyne (Gutted that we missed out on him)

OUT:
Ross Turnbull (after one season when Courtois and Delac return)
Hilario (same as above)
Salomon Kalou
Florent Malouda (If De Bruyne signing is successful)
Nicolas Anelka (If Gotze signing is successful)
Paulo Ferriera (Surplus to requirements)
Michael Essien (If I can get decent money for him)

RELEASED:
Didier Drogba
Frank Lampard
Jose Bosingwa

Potential squad if signings are successful:

238689_Chelsea.jpg

As you can see I'm trying to build a youthful Chelsea side for the future! My main concern is that we may concede goals like a sieve but it's a risk I'm willing to take. I will rotate Poli for Mikel in the more physical matches and a lack of wingers on the subs bench is another concern. I will probably replace McEachran with De Bruyne on the bench if I can secure a loan deal for him.

Last edited:
If West Ham can loan Tevez, I'll give them a go
Robert Green
Joey O'Brein
James Tomkins
Abdoulaye Faye
George McCartney
David Bentley
Kevin Nolan
Mark Noble
Henri Lansbury
Carlos Tevez
Carlton Cole

Bristol Rovers

GK: S. Bevan/Hopefully Loan Signing
RB: D. Woodards
CB. B. Anthony
CB. A. Virgo
LB. G. Sawyer
CM. M. Gill/C. Stanley
CM. W. Brown/S. Campbell
AMR. J. Anyinsah
AML. M. Carayol
ST. M. Harrold
ST. S. McGleish/C. Zebroski

Sub 1. L. Cronin/S.Bevan (If A Player On Loan Is In Goal)
Sub 2. M. Smith
Sub 3. M. Gill/C. Stanley
Sub 4. W. Brown/S. Campbell
Sub 5. S. McGleish/C. Zebroski