How can you increase a player's influence attribute?

Colossus6

Reaction score
It seems to be the one thing that doesnt increase by a significant amount. Even in the "Show off you regens thread" they all seem to have a **** influence attribute.

Go into editor and change it apart from that you cant tbh it is probably fixed attribute

Go into editor and change it apart from that you cant tbh it is probably fixed attribute

The vast majority of regens have a **** influence. So does that mean every team has a **** captain when you get far enough into the game?

Get them tutored by someone with high influence? Not sure to be honest mate

The vast majority of regens have a **** influence. So does that mean every team has a **** captain when you get far enough into the game?

tbh not sure dont really seem to carry on in games as it gets too unrealistic with regens.. obviously you cant edit regens in editor as they dont exist but im sure there's always a couple that will have good influence.. if not im sure some youngsters coming through the ranks will develop

I dont think its possible . Untill the player gains more experience and as he becomes older his Influence.

logically it should grow as their reputation grows and as they get older and more of an important player in the squad (bigger wage etc) and with better performances giving more spotlight, along with personality type, if they are quiet and outspoken they won't have much influence generally, on FM though, I have no idea :D

Influence isn't fixed. It does increase but very slightly. Get them tutored by someone with high influence.

tbh not sure dont really seem to carry on in games as it gets too unrealistic with regens.. obviously you cant edit regens in editor as they dont exist but im sure there's always a couple that will have good influence.. if not im sure some youngsters coming through the ranks will develop

I haven't played the game that far in...what's it like in the year 2030ish? Like how is it unrealistic? Too many good regens or something?

I think as the player gets older and better, their influence grows.

So that's probably why the younger players have lower influence, since they are young or something..

I think as the player gets older and better, their influence grows.

So that's probably why the younger players have lower influence, since they are young or something..

Have you ever had a regen go from having a bad influence to good one though? Or have you never played that far?

I have seen some regens have their influence increase quit a bit as they get older. I think if they spend long enough with the team and more players see them as a key player then it will increase.

Making a player your captain may increase his influence as well.
Oh and low influence doesnt mean **** captain. Captaincy is overrated anyway. For my Man Utd save, Yaya Sanogo was my captain in 2018 since he is the club legend but he has crappy influence. Cant have a better captain though. Haha.

Tutoring and with age. Some players are just natural born leaders though, it's difficult to increase the stat and it's not really worth the time and effort to increase it, since you're essentially trying to make a player something he's not.

I've had Rooney's influence growing gradually though, so I expect it's just something that naturally happens over time for players suited to leading.

Its proven that mental attributes are poor for young players,and that they improve naturally as they get older. Some things to look out for also are determination,teamwork and workrate as they are factors in determining a good leader aswell as influence.

I get a high influence player in my team to tutor them and it has bumped some of my regens up a bit in the influence part but don't expect big jumps straight away. I managed to get a regen to improve it by 5 by getting different players in my team to tutor him and then loan him to a few clubs. He started at 3 now hes at 8 not that great but still a improvement in 3 years.

Making a player your captain may increase his influence as well.
Oh and low influence doesnt mean **** captain. Captaincy is overrated anyway. For my Man Utd save, Yaya Sanogo was my captain in 2018 since he is the club legend but he has crappy influence. Cant have a better captain though. Haha.

Really? Is this proven? It doesn't really make sense. You're supposed to make someone captain because they have a high influence. Not because you want to make it higher lol.

Influence is affected by age and tutoring. Time with club affects how good a captain they are so may alter influence