datfragzee

Reaction score
Well, I'm just starting my new FM and I'm gonna take charge of Blackburn - I had FM13 since christmas but I've decided to start one now due to spare time and from what I see from opinions and other people n stuff bla bla bla FM13 plays quite different compared to 12.
  • Usually I would set up two tactics: Attack and Defense orientated
  • Look for positions I need and covers
  • Loan a youth prospect that looks promising and praise them throughout the year - sign them at the end of loan
  • Sell any excess weight e.g too many in one position and then recommend staff role for people who are old at the club already
  • Get a whole new set of coaches and physios etc because most of the time they didn't live up to my standards
  • Set training schedules (usually one downloaded)
  • Get on with the season...
  • Jan Window: Sell players/Loan who are under performing and buy replacements with the money
That would usually be my process, I'm just wondering what people do in FM13, whether they take a set formula n stuff, I just want to see how other people do things:)

That doesn't look like a bad starting setup tbf man. Few things you haven't mentioned are:

- Feeder teams
- Look into which players you can bring in to the senior squad and give them some playing time but keep them available for the reserves
- There's no more training schedules, the training screen has evolved into match preparation calendar etc so you'll need to learn about that. Use TheBetterHalf's Training Bible, link is at the top of this website under "Tactics".

Off the top of my head theres no mnuch else really but if I think of anything i'll edit this post.

Thanks man, I scrapped the idea of Blckburn and went with Reading instead, so far I've brought in two senior players which are Clint Hill and Solgado. Fairly slow but I brought them in for tutoring purposes only and they'll make decent backups. I then invested into Ademilson and Okore aswell as Ross Wallace and sold a bunch of players with really low mental attributes or natural fitness which brought in some nice money.
Got a whole new staff team and physio's and now i'm here...

- Load up my tactics, or create them is the first thing I do without fail. Sooner I get the tactics I want ready, the sooner the familiarity process for the players adjusting to the tactics can begin.
- Sort out my staff responsibilities. I usually get my assistant to play the Friendly games now.
- Look through my staff and organise mutual terminations if certain staff are rubbish.
- Find new staff if needed.
- Quick browse through Senior team, then reserves, then do all the staff and board meetings you have to do.
- Time to sign some players!