Tako 400

Reaction score
I found a 20/20 scout on my save but he's only able to scout 2 players a day and this is frustratingly slow if you're looking for good wonderkids. I used to have some scouts that could scout 5 players a day. I tried looking at the scouts to see if there was some way I could see how many reports they can provide a day but I didn't find anything. Is there some way to find out?

Cheers.

I found a 20/20 scout on my save but he's only able to scout 2 players a day and this is frustratingly slow if you're looking for good wonderkids. I used to have some scouts that could scout 5 players a day. I tried looking at the scouts to see if there was some way I could see how many reports they can provide a day but I didn't find anything. Is there some way to find out?

Cheers.

Where are the players he's scouting? It's thoroughly unrealistic to have a scout look at 4-5 different players playing in 4-5 different countries. What is the knowledge of the nation you have him in. The lower the knowledge, the slower he'll scout.

Do you have a Chief Scout?

Most important attribute of scouts other than the two obvious ones is adaptability. High numbers in that means scout is speedier.

Most important attribute of scouts other than the two obvious ones is adaptability. High numbers in that means scout is speedier.

I forgot to mention that. Higher adaptability will also speed up how knowledgeable of a nation they'll become.

Thanks for the replies. I should have mentioned that I am simply telling idle scouts to get scout reports on individual players. I am not scouting locations or competitions. I don't think his knowledge or the locations of the players has anything to do with it. I used to use my older scout in the exact same way and he was able to get 5 scout reports a day. This new guy can only get two new scout reports. Even if I scout a list of players all based in one country, one guy does 2 where the old one did 5. They both also had the exact same knowledge (100% Italy). I'm going to see if there's any difference in adaptability and get back to you.

Didnt scouts determination use to have importance? I thought I've read for earlier Fm versions that determination decides how effective a scout is (as in scouting players faster, not how well he judges them)

I discovered the problem. From what I have seen, it turns out that the less the number of roles the scout can perform in general, the greater the number of scout reports he can submit. My 20/20 scout can perform a number of roles (HOYD, coach, asst. man, head coach, scout) while my second scout can only scout. The 20/20 scout gets 2 reports a day, but the second scout can get 5 reports a day. I tried it with a third scout which can only perform 3 roles as opposed to 5 roles like the 20/20 scout, and he can submit 3 reports a day. I'm guessing a scout with 2 roles can submit 4 reports a day.

Can anyone else verify this?

EDIT: I've solved it. A scout with 2 or 3 roles (including being a scout) can get 4 scout reports a day. Only a scout with 1 role can get 5 scout reports a day. A scout with 4 roles can get 3 scout reports a day. A scout with 5 roles can get only 2 reports a day, and that's why my 20/20 can only get 2 reports a day.

Last edited:
my u21 *** man that can do 5 roles just submitted 4 scout reports in a day.
I thought it was dependent on the scouts determination but never gotten that confirmed either.

where you send the scout should have something to say, not what roles your scout fits into. just because i'm a good painter doesnt make me do any less math equations pr day at school.

Didnt scouts determination use to have importance? I thought I've read for earlier Fm versions that determination decides how effective a scout is (as in scouting players faster, not how well he judges them)
Yup. Determination is also important for speed. Adaptability is basically how quickly he gains knowledge of an unknown (to him) country.

Yup. Determination is also important for speed. Adaptability is basically how quickly he gains knowledge of an unknown (to him) country.

thanks Mad! It kinda confused me how determination wasn't highlighted as important for scouts! Thanks bud! :)

I haven't seen an impact from determination at all and adaptability only affects how quickly a scout builds up knowledge of a country.