Reaction score
Firstly, I apologise if this question has already been asked on here.

So how do you play football manager?:

Do you have music on in the background? Do you play in silence? TV on? Other stuff on your PC?

I imagine you're wondering why I've asked you, well I have been an avid FM fan for a while but recently I just seem to get bored and I find having the radio on (Test match special) really helps to not get bored and keep focus. No idea why...

Thanks

Always have the TV on, usually watching football..

cant have music on else it interferes with the game sound when going into a match!

I play in silence normally but the TV is normally on not that I'm watching it.

When I read the title I thought why does anyone need to get told how to play FM 12 so next time please make your titles more obvious.

Energy drinks (for long sessions), talksport on radio on lappy, some tv (usually Big Bang Theory or NCIS/Family Guy), and a big pile of munchies or the largest pizza possible from takeaway.

this is normally followed by copious amounts of foul language when things start to go very badly during a match

Energy drinks (for long sessions), talksport on radio on lappy, some tv (usually Big Bang Theory or NCIS/Family Guy), and a big pile of munchies or the largest pizza possible from takeaway.

this is normally followed by copious amounts of foul language when things start to go very badly during a match
Haha, pretty much exactly this, except I hardly drink energy drinks, but the TV is pretty much always on with either some series, movie or some HD animal programs (it's just so awesome to watching flying sharks, lions and all that while you're tearing the opposition apart in-game). Also have music or podcasts running in the background as well.

Just had a session the other day where I watched 9 episodes straight of Suits while playing FM... and those episodes are 45 minutes each haha.

Generally watching the TV - I'd hate to imagine what noises I make during the matches if I could hear myself.

Usually just play in silence. Sometimes I'll turn music on during the summer window when I know there won't be any game sounds for a while.

When I read the title I thought why does anyone need to get told how to play FM 12 so next time please make your titles more obvious.

I couldn't think of a better one.

Im actually surprised at the amount of people who watch tv while playing. Thanks it has been interesting seeing how you play fm12 and I had to laugh at ajt . For some reason I can never do anything in silence, it makes me tired, which ****** me off in exams.

They should put music automatically on the game so you can listen to it while mooching about on the menu and things

well im listening to Capital now on my lappy while in a match without the interuptions from the match sound i just went on preferences and display & sound turned sound volume down and then music plays during the match

I usually play FM with my pants round my ankles, mouse in one hand, ham sandwich in the other and ice cream on my exposed crown jewels with my dog free to lick whatever genitalia he so chooses. No matter what the score is every game is a win-win. #winning

I usually either play with the TV off, or watching football

I watch tv and drink a few cold ones :) usually pizza if me and my mate and playing a network game. i need to invest in a robe with my intials on to play in :/

I usually play FM with my pants round my ankles, mouse in one hand, ham sandwich in the other and ice cream on my exposed crown jewels with my dog free to lick whatever genitalia he so chooses. No matter what the score is every game is a win-win. #winning

Now I get why you would name yourself ******. well done my friend, the world is proud.

Usually play FM while listening to songs on my laptop to drown out the shocking amount of noise that my old rusty computer makes while I play it.

Now I get why you would name yourself ******. well done my friend, the world is proud.
I name myself W4NKER. Can't be too PC these days :p

I also call myself such because only a W4NKER would keep giving SI £30 for each 'new' version. I should just save the money and take my coaching badges cause as soon as FM2018 hits it will take 365 days to finish a season!!

May as well be a fully qualified PAID manager by that point!

Last edited:
I ALWAYS play with the TV on. Whether that's a series, sport or film. Then I usually have my internet up on my desktop and if it's a pointless game I'll minimise it for the first half and facebook/twitter/fm-base/browse etc.