How Tique-taca (tiki taka) working, and how to build it + tactic example

darkelf

Reaction score
I'm not claiming this is a tactic used by spain or barcelona.
This is about how tiki-taka work in a game, tiki-taka is about a strategy that shows the beauty of a football,
scored, won a victory is the second point of tiki-taka destination, because its main purpose is to show the beauty of a game.
teamwork, and pass the ball with short and quickly without holding the ball are the characteristics of tiki-taka

I have made an example of tiki-taka tactics, are still many shortcomings in the tactics that I made, so, if you find lacks in the tactics that I have made, please modify and share with others

-DARKELF-

How tiki taka working?

• [*=center]Keep ball posession
    [*=center]High pressing
    [*=center]High defensive line
    [*=center]Creating space for teammates
    [*=center]Pass and move
    [*=center]Filling empty space
    [*=center]Dominate midfield
    [*=center]Create triangles
    [*=center]Formations

View attachment 258669View attachment 258670

with this formation i put every players position to build triangles...
and i've got 11 triangles..

we all know, at euro 2008, 2012 and World Cup 2010 spain use tiki taka tactic to won the competition...
a commentator on one of the local television station asked Guardiola when the final match between Spain and Italy
"why he (Del Bosque) didn't use real striker in his formation?"

"I know well Del Bosque, and he know how to exploit the ability of strikers with the best possible"
- Pep Guardiola

How to Build it ?

Keep Possession

• [*=center]use control strategy
    [*=center]you must have many players with good anticipation, composure, concentration, decisions, off the ball, teamwork and work rate, passing is just important for players who will make through pass

[*=center]you must know where position and players who must have defending mentality, normal mentality and attacking mentality, and exploited them with correctly
    [*=center]try play short passing

[*=center]use short corner kick (try near post if you like, but you must put some player with best header, decisions and strength in near post, and some player with good first touch and decisions in lurk outside area)
    [*=center]use shouts : retain possession

High pressing

• [*=center]set team closing down to press more, and set all players closing down to whole pitch...
    [*=center]use shouts : hassle opponents

High defensive line

• [*=center]set defensive line to push up
    [*=center]use shouts : push higher up

Creating space for teammates

• [*=center]tick roam from position
    [*=center]set them run from deep

[*=center]set wide play to move into channels

Pass and Move

• [*=center]set them run from deep
    [*=center]set them wide play to move into channels

[*=center]use PPM "Play one two's"

Filling empty space

• [*=center]tick roam from position
    [*=center]set wide play to move into channels

Dominate midfield

• [*=center]use right formation and tactic

Create triangles

• [*=center]use right formation and tactic
    [*=center]use PPM "comes deep to get ball"

How triangles working on this formation?

• [*=center]1 DM, 2 MC and 1 AMC is focal point to build triangles on midfield,
    [*=center]2 WB, AMR and AML is their partners who help out them to build triangles on flank...
    [*=center]all players except 2 defenders must have PPMs "comes deep to get ball and play one two's"

Key Player on this formation

Anchor man is very important in this tactic, he is the destroyer, and he is very very important to build triangles, he is the triangles mastermind from deep,
he is the connector...

Deep Lying Playmaker is the passer, he is must some very creative player, his duty to control tempo on midfield,
create space for him self and make through pass on right time...
he is the brain...

Match Prep
Pre season : Teamwork ( Very High) until fully, then Attacking Movement (High) until fully
Season : Teamwork (Average)

Opponents Instructions

ask assistant manager
close down and show all opponents midfileders and strikers on their weaker foot

Use Shouts

play out
of defence
push higher up
pass to feet
play through defence
work ball into box
retain possession
hassle opponents
exploit the middle

Linkisbelow...

https://hotfile.com/dl/162668570/0fa0013/2-3-2-3-0_(Barcelona_Sep_2011).tac.html

i hope this tactic will work for everyone...
:)
if you found some lack on this formation, please tell the problem and share how to fix it...
"Knowledge is Power"
"And life is about how to share with others..."

Last edited:
thanks adore7
i hope this tactic will work for you and others...;)

How does your tactic do in away games? Also against the big teams?

How does your tactic do in away games? Also against the big teams?

away games is about how to encourage your players mentality, know pitch size and conditions...
know your opponent is very important, opponent squad depth, you must know how your opponent play usually and you must know who is they key player...
if you've know that, you just make little tweak to win the game...

you can encourage them with correct team talk...

you can try this guidlines

Team Talk Guidelines - Guide to Football Manager 2012

i hope this can work..(A)
link to your tactic dont seem to work

Just right click on link, and select "save page as.."

Last edited:
Hey darkelf,

Does this tactic work on lower league teams such as Leeds united?

Hey,

Could u post some games so we can see how it works against bigger opponents?
Posting more screen shots will help you get more people downloading you tactic.

I'm experimenting with a similar tactic but instead of where you have a right winger I am using a centre foward. So there is a space for the right wing back to attack. I was wondering if it is possible to get the left winger to switch to the right wing from time to time (since there is no right winger swap position isn't an option)

Loving this tactic, darkelf! I'm a huge fan of the idea of playing beautiful football without a striker and supporting Spain since forever has just about everything to do with that! I've plugged your tactic in to my Crawley save in 2018/19, will let you know how that goes. Used it for England in the 2018 World Cup and I won it, shipping in only 2 goals and Ross Barkley nabbing top scorer with 6 goals playing in the MCL slot.

I'm experimenting with a similar tactic but instead of where you have a right winger I am using a centre foward. So there is a space for the right wing back to attack. I was wondering if it is possible to get the left winger to switch to the right wing from time to time (since there is no right winger swap position isn't an option)

that's looking good mate, may i try it to...;)

i use 3 AM for support 2 MC on the middle..
2 flank AM will cut inside, so 2 WB will filling the space who left by AM...

if you look how barcelona play, they play with narrow when they lost the ball, and wide when they have the ball.
sometimes they move forward with the ball slowly in rectangular form, defender will move forward near midfield, and striker will also move towards the midfield, thus they have more options to pass the ball.
and.
and movement like thats sometimes makes us confused and wondering, they play with wide or narrow?

thanks for your suggestion walshi2k9 ;)
i'll try to make some tactic that you used...
sorry for my poor english..:)

Loving this tactic, darkelf! I'm a huge fan of the idea of playing beautiful football without a striker and supporting Spain since forever has just about everything to do with that! I've plugged your tactic in to my Crawley save in 2018/19, will let you know how that goes. Used it for England in the 2018 World Cup and I won it, shipping in only 2 goals and Ross Barkley nabbing top scorer with 6 goals playing in the MCL slot.

beautiful football is art, ...
i hope this tactic will work for everyones who love beautiful football..
if you found some lack, please share it...
just for fun;)