How Tique-taca (tiki taka) working, and how to build it + tactic example

that's looking good mate, may i try it to...;)

i use 3 AM for support 2 MC on the middle..
2 flank AM will cut inside, so 2 WB will filling the space who left by AM...

if you look how barcelona play, they play with narrow when they lost the ball, and wide when they have the ball.
sometimes they move forward with the ball slowly in rectangular form, defender will move forward near midfield, and striker will also move towards the midfield, thus they have more options to pass the ball.
and.
and movement like thats sometimes makes us confused and wondering, they play with wide or narrow?

thanks for your suggestion walshi2k9 ;)
i'll try to make some tactic that you used...
sorry for my poor english..:)

I don't think there is an option to switch wings if there is no player there. Maybe they should look into that for fm 2013. I have a LAM with cut inside as wide play. 2 CAMs with Normal wide play & a CF with move into channels. I have my wing back set to hug touch line & attack mentality to fill spaces.

what pitch size?

In my current season I have it as 92x55. I was thinking with short passing & crowding the midfield small pitch would be best. But most of my games have been low scoring so maybe large is best.

I don't think there is an option to switch wings if there is no player there. Maybe they should look into that for fm 2013. I have a LAM with cut inside as wide play. 2 CAMs with Normal wide play & a CF with move into channels. I have my wing back set to hug touch line & attack mentality to fill spaces.

i think we have similar tactic...
the difference is only at our formation and AMCs wide play, i used "move into channels" for my AMC to find free space around him to get the ball...:)

Last edited:
Interesting tactic! Tried it with my Norway U-19s for one match and the possession was good . I realized in the average positions at that the shape throughout the match was a 4-5-1/4-3-3/4-1-2-2-1 or w/e you want to call it . Created a good amount of chances and also had 15 key passes amongst my team .What I also realized, is that the opposition can be fatal on the counter and the whole defense can be exposed in general from a simple pass . But its interesting to see the triangles at work . Great Job !

i hope this tactic will work for you and others.
g.gif

Interesting tactic! Tried it with my Norway U-19s for one match and the possession was good . I realized in the average positions at that the shape throughout the match was a 4-5-1/4-3-3/4-1-2-2-1 or w/e you want to call it . Created a good amount of chances and also had 15 key passes amongst my team .What I also realized, is that the opposition can be fatal on the counter and the whole defense can be exposed in general from a simple pass . But its interesting to see the triangles at work . Great Job !

thanks to try it soccerkid5:)

i hope you will give me some solution if you found lacks on my tactic..

Hi! i just tried out your tactic because your formation, on paper (compared with other tikitaka tactics), looks like what Guardiola wants with his players (triangles).

Could you show us your team instructions, player instructions, and ppm's please? I wish to compare them with mine.
I am scoring REALLY WELL with my team ( beat Real Madrid 8-0 and had 0 shots at my goal) but I'm not convinced that my team is playing "tikitaka".

[Team Instruction]
View attachment 259709

[Player Instructions]
View attachment 259720
View attachment 259710View attachment 259711View attachment 259712View attachment 259713View attachment 259714View attachment 259715View attachment 259716View attachment 259717View attachment 259718View attachment 259719

my 2 defender use attacking mentality, so their position will high up to support midfielder...
and my AML and AMR use defensive mentality, so they will make back pass to create attack from flank to middle...

i use PPM :
+ Comes deep to get ball
+ Play one two's

don't use PPM like :
- Shoots from distances
- Tries long range passes

if you have some player who have PPM like that, train them to stop it:)

Grrr! My Xavi isnt getting near 60 passes per game....

Concerns about your tactic, when you said before that the DLP is the 'brain' of the midfield is seem that it isnt at all. and mostly important i didnt know why my LB or Full back had more passes/pass completed than my DLP also i followed all of your instructions then the tactic were fluid/full but i still managed to get sacked on your tactics. You need to change alot to it (BTW i was Barcelona) and manages to lose 5-0 to madrid.

Roostonn is right. I was going to report the same thing. Dani Alves is passing around 70tp 100+ passes and Xavi getting 40 to 69 passes.

Concerns about your tactic, when you said before that the DLP is the 'brain' of the midfield is seem that it isnt at all. and mostly important i didnt know why my LB or Full back had more passes/pass completed than my DLP also i followed all of your instructions then the tactic were fluid/full but i still managed to get sacked on your tactics. You need to change alot to it (BTW i was Barcelona) and manages to lose 5-0 to madrid.

modify your LB/RB mentality, and i'm sorry if your DLP (Xavi) can't made 100+ passes..
please check your DLP, may he is tight marking by opposition, swap him with your Anchor Man or Advanced Playmaker to confuse opposition..
Brain is playmaker, the man who control the game..
please tell me, how many your LB/RB and DLP create key passes...(A)
I'll modify it again...
thanks for try it mate...

Last edited:
Roostonn is right. I was going to report the same thing. Dani Alves is passing around 70tp 100+ passes and Xavi getting 40 to 69 passes.

i'm sorry for that...
i think, i've made some mistake when i try this tactic with barcelona:)
but, i'll try to fix it immediately

I may sound silly, but dont use 'One two' PPM because it isnt suited to the slow tempo, im just saying.

thanks! was looking for this awesome tactic! i've tryed whit fm 2013 and 70% ball on my so is really good on my first match 3-0 won