i put 5 players lurk outside area but i have just one player lurk in game :/

I use this and its working great for me in my Reading save.
Best cd(header)-attack near post
other cd-attack far post
striker-12+ heading on near post flick on
2 on back if needed and rest lurk
Works a charm.

I am kicking *** with it.

But could yous gimme the detailed breakdown of the attacking free kick?Would love to see that.

I use this and its working great for me in my Reading save.
Best cd(header)-attack near post
other cd-attack far post
striker-12+ heading on near post flick on
2 on back if needed and rest lurk
Works a charm.

I am kicking *** with it.

But could yous gimme the detailed breakdown of the attacking free kick?Would love to see that.

Well I haven't actually created one but using this method you could set multiple players to challenge keeper etc. and make it impossible for him to see/stop the ball.

becouse last year FM was played on your tactic, and wanna try this year ur new tactic.

Lurk

Why?

After you move the player tick attacking corner box, lurk outside area and then move him back

Sorry mate still don't get what you mean. I only get the option to put one player in each position and can only swap them after that. There is no option for attacking corner box

Sorry mate still don't get what you mean. I only get the option to put one player in each position and can only swap them after that. There is no option for attacking corner box

If you read the whole first post on how you have to move the player out of position to somewhere you don't already have a player, then change his player instructions and then move him back. Follow it step by step, it's not that hard.

I got 7 goals in 17 matches. Best in the league to palermos 4 goals from corners. A good corner tactic rather than an exploit imo.

Using this for other things like more than one marking keeper on freekicks seems pretty interesting. I will work around with that next time I play.

For the more observant of you, you will notice that it's exactly the same as last year, albeit less effective.

Aim: Near Post

GK: Default
RB: Stay Back
CB: Attack Far Post
CB: Attack Near Post
LB: Stay Back
DM: Lurk Outside Area
CM: Lurk Outside Area
CM: Lurk Outside Area
RW/STCR: Lurk Outside Area
LW/STCL: Lurk Outside Area
ST: Challenge Keeper

You need your best striker Attacking Near Post, Your Full Backs Staying Back and everyone else Lurking.

Now the question most of you will be asking is: How do I set multiple players to lurk?

1. Go to "Player Instructions" on the "Tactics" tab and click "Show Instructions".
  2. Click on the player you want to lurk, move him to CENTER DEFENSIVE MIDFIELD.
  3. Tick the box saying "attacking corner" and click Lurk Outside Area on attacking corners.
  4. Drag him back to his original position and change him back to his original role (Complete forward, poacher etc.)
Done.

Some people wanted some results, my last 2 games
6 goals from it Tomkins (Attack Near) and Phil Jones (Attack Far):

View attachment 311406

THIS CANNOT BE DONE WITH CLASSIC TACTICS AS FAR AS I KNOW SO DO IT BEFORE CONVERTING IT TO CLASSIC

Ok, unless i am reading this wrong in your post it says 'You need your best striker attacking Near Post' yet above it you have your ST challenging the GK and your CB attacking near post?? can you please clarify this?

does it work in fm 12? if yes, how?

Last edited: