CB: Lurk Outside Area
LB: Stay Back
DM: Lurk Outside Area
CM: Lurk Outside Area
CM: Lurk Outside Area
RW/STCR: Lurk Outside Area
LW/STCL: Lurk Outside Area
ST: Attack Near Post

You need your best striker Attacking Near Post, Your Full Backs Staying Back and everyone else Lurking.

Now the question most of you will be asking is: How do I set multiple players to lurk?
  1. Go to "Player Instructions" on the "Tactics" tab and click "Show Instructions".
  2. Click on the player you want to lurk, move him to CENTER DEFENSIVE MIDFIELD.
  3. Click Lurk Outside Area.
  4. Drag him back to his original position
Done.

THIS CANNOT BE DONE WITH CLASSIC TACTICS AS FAR AS I KNOW SO DO IT BEFORE CONVERTING IT TO CLASSIC

Last edited:
Cheers for this, can add this to my crappy tactic I've created!
I'm still using ur edit in my Burnham FC save, going well now!

What a lame tactic

Thanks for the brilliantly detailed response into why you dislike this and how you feel about it. Some find this helpful, some don't. I'm merely posting this to help those people that want it.

well you can f*ck off then. come up with something better or shut it.
It's an exploit, how can it be enjoyable to score cheap goals from corners so easily?
And there is no need for that language man, you're about to hurt my feelings :(

Lamest tactic ever.

Congrats on winning 90% of your games with a hattrick from a centreback LOL

It's an exploit, how can it be enjoyable to score cheap goals from corners so easily?
And there is no need for that language man, you're about to hurt my feelings :(

i know what it is. and i don't use it. but there's no need to go out your way to abuse it. he's not making any pretences here. he does say "how to add the corner EXPLOIT".

Lamest tactic ever.

Congrats on winning 90% of your games with a hattrick from a centreback LOL

Hmm, because that CB is attacking the near post and isn't staying back. I get hat tricks from CB's just by them having 18+ in jumping and heading if you can give them good balls.

Which would you say is better, in-swingers or out-swingers???

Actually, this tactic worked for Ukraine in Euro 2012, beating Sweden, everyone remembers how Zlatan and Lustig missed to cover the near post corner where Sjevtjenko scored. He is not a CB but it worked :p

You don't necessarily have to make the CD attack the near post.. so

I make all this thing with the DMC bue when i get him back to his original position, his instruction is set to default...
Any explanation? Patch 12.0.4

I make all this thing with the DMC bue when i get him back to his original position, his instruction is set to default...
Any explanation? Patch 12.0.4

EXAMPLE:

Move your striker to DM position then select the "Lurk outside" and move him back.
Move your CD to DM position then select the "Lurk oudside" and move him back.
etc.

It will set back to default once you manualy select "Lurk outside"....you HAVE TO MOVE & SELECT for this to work.

Hope this helped :)

I'm having the same thing.

I've moved CB into DM, ticked the box, selected 'Lurk' and then, when moved back to CB, he's switched back to the previous setting.

Try this:

Have 2 CB's placed, then place the one you need for "lurk outside".

Instead of "lurk outside" it will be "attack by deep ball" or something (can't think of the correct name atm) that you tick.

I tried it and it appears to work just as well.

I don't find this corner routine much good anymore for some reason. The best corner routine is on Sumthin 4-2-3-1 tactic.