How to control the addiction?

Get a car, a girlfriend and some condoms!!!

Loner. How can you be addicted to FM. It's not even action, or storymode. You just play for a few seasons, then go on post your success thread and boast. Then wait for the people that comment FMRTE, when you dont use it.

I had a similar problem but just went out and started playing some football,watching the World Cup and just chatting to my friends on Xbox Live.Now,I rarely play it.

Why do I have the feeling, if you have to boast about her on an internet forum, she either looks like a troll or doesn't exist?

I don't know. But you shouldn't trust all of your feelings, wise guy :) And this just got boring, you just deny every statement I make, not really a smart argument so I'm outta this discussion. Bacio(K)

ring your mates, go to the pub, go play football, get a girlfriend. or just take a nap

I suggest that you go to Options>Quit Game - always seems to work for me. :)

dont worry. sooner or later it'll get boring once you start winning everything and made your best tactic.

it took me a few months of intense fm2010 but now, i find it a bit boring.

overall ive played fm for about 340 but if a leave fm on and hibernate my laptop the time still continues but thts not the point. i used to play everyday for about 4 hours sometimes play about 8 hours which is sad but i pick teams that i have a challenge with so after 3/4 seasons of being the same club and feeling like ive achieved as much as i can i get bored and dont play it for a while. or start loads of seasons and when your going to play it you have too many to pick from you cant be bothered and turn it off.

Don't listen to any of these people girlfriends suck FM rules.

What would you rather do?

Spend £60 on a romantic meal and get told "I'm on my period." or Get Kidderminster Harriers to the Premiership?

Work all year and save up for an expensive holiday which wont be really appriciated or sign some unknown from Napoli's reserve team and watch him turn into the next Lionel Messi?

Listen to your girlfriend talk rubbish like her best mate has brought the same type of lipstick as her and she's soooooooooooo angry about this huge problem or create an amazing tactic which makes Alax Ferguson feel like a fool?

Snuggle up on the sofa watching some crappy chick flick with Hugh Grant in or win the World Cup with Belgium?

If you get fustrated just have a wank.

There is downsides to not having a girlfriend though, I mean having a woman in the house can be usefull you can play on FM while they are cooking your tea.

I hope this helps.

whereas your suggestions center around doing something else, for my addiction its not quite that simple.

i'm studying for exams @ uni, then my mind wanders to my upcoming champions league final against roma..... :mad:

then before i know it, i've played the game, then i keep going on looking for a suitable place to save and then quit, but then there's this transfer that i want to close, then i say "oh what the heck i'll finish the offseason then i'll study". then its the first friendly.. then so forth.

before i know it it's 2 in the morning and im royally screwed for my exam the next dayoO)

WHAT DO I DO ABOUT THIS ADDICTION I WANT TO GET MY DEGREE AND BE SUCCESSFUL AND RUN A REAL TEAM LIKE WENGER

Dropping your computer out a six floor window will cure your addiction. Job done problem sorted.

just go outside. don't take the laptop with you when you go outside.

girlfriend helps aswell, because that will most likely get you outside.

hahaahaa, i think at some stage mostly everyone has been addicted to Fm no matter how much they deny it or say otherwise even if it was only for a week or month etc.... :D

you need to prioritize, Uni comes 1st dude, its your future, study 1st and reward yourself playing like 2 hours of Fm then be man enough to save it, walk away, study some more and go back to it <)

go to bed at a reasonable hour as well, keep track of time, make a mental note and get into the habit of it, try not and let your mind wonder off who you going to sign in the summer for your Man Utd team and who is playing badly, what new coaches you need etc etc, tell yourself to concentrate at what it is you are doing!

good luck :wub:

I suggest that you go to Options>Quit Game - always seems to work for me. :)

never wanted to comment but this made me *****. thats de simple way to reduce addictedness. hehehehehe. i play mafia wars too. another addictive game. lol.

whereas your suggestions center around doing something else, for my addiction its not quite that simple.

i'm studying for exams @ uni, then my mind wanders to my upcoming champions league final against roma..... :mad:

then before i know it, i've played the game, then i keep going on looking for a suitable place to save and then quit, but then there's this transfer that i want to close, then i say "oh what the heck i'll finish the offseason then i'll study". then its the first friendly.. then so forth.

before i know it it's 2 in the morning and im royally screwed for my exam the next dayoO)

WHAT DO I DO ABOUT THIS ADDICTION I WANT TO GET MY DEGREE AND BE SUCCESSFUL AND RUN A REAL TEAM LIKE WENGER

Give the disc to a friend and get them to hide it until after your exams, should help a bit. That or give up on real life and pretend FM is real, and walk around bragging about your achievements and pass critical comments about what other managers have done wrong. At least then you don't have to worry about your degree!

if you want to stop playing for a while just start a save that will get you really ****** off, and i mean REALLY ****** off, and then get so ****** off that you ragequit the game for a few days, that always works for me whenever i start playing too much.

other than that just uninstall the game whilst you are doing your studies.

So play as Hull.