Step 1:Open up your steam
Step 2: Go onto your games list
Step 3: Right click on Football Manager and select properties
Step 4: Select the Local files tab on the far right
Step 5: Click the option Verify integrity of game cache
Step 6: Click the option Defragment game cache
It should now be complete
:D FEED BACK

what is a crash dump n error box pops up saying a crash dump entry has been made in

C:\Users\bernard\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\crash dumps

and then upon pressing ok the game closes, and repeats this every time when setting up match..
ive tried to reinstall the game and try again but it still occurs http://img141.imageshack.us/i/78058682.jpg/

Last edited:
Don't understand Step 5 or 6 but thanks

This means about 800,000 stories can burst back into life surely ;)

Quick question, is this preventing a crash dump or actually fixing it if it happens?

Guys I'm about 99% sure this works :)

This was the first thing I done after I installed FM. Cant remember who told me to do it but think I might have read it in a post by Sean.

This was the first thing I done after I installed FM. Cant remember who told me to do it but think I might have read it in a post by Sean.
i never coiped sean ^^)

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

any more feedback

Yep worked for me cheers bud.

should this get sticked or not and waht si sticked mean

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

This means about 800,000 stories can burst back into life surely ;)

Quick question, is this preventing a crash dump or actually fixing it if it happens?

fixing it for good

I stickied it. Should help a lot of people out.

Don't you get 'Crash Dumps' when you use FMRTE.?

So really now, it's easier for people to cheat, as before they would cheat, get 'Crash Dumps' and then have to delete the save, now they can cheat all they want, and just do this to get rid of it.

I know mate I'm just saying.

i wasent getting at you m8

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

So really now, it's easier for people to cheat, as before they would cheat, get 'Crash Dumps' and then have to delete the save, now they can cheat all they want, and just do this to get rid of it.
no sometimes it just happens for no reason not for cheating

Yeah you can get them from using FMRTE, but you can just get them from normal game play at times, I have a few times, ****** me off.