How To: FM 2010 Windowed Mode

Lee

Administrator
Reaction score
For those of us who run with 1024 x 768 resolution (or less) we have to take a few steps to get FM running in windowed mode.

Steam Users
Step 1 - Navigate to your 'My Games' tab on Steam.

picture.php

Step 2 - Right click on Football Manager 2010 and select 'Properties'.

picture.php

Step 3 - Click on the 'Set launch options...' button.

picture.php

Step 4 - In the text box that pops up enter this: -small_screen -windowed

picture.php

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shortcut Users
Step 1 - Simply create a shortcut to your FM.exe

Step 2 - Right click on go onto the properties.

Step 3 - In the target text box add this to the end of the line: -small_screen -windowed

picture.php

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy, but beware some data may be hidden on FM due to the less than optimal resolution.

Not if your resolution is 1024 x 768 or lower.

Is this really the only thing to do? Aren't any other opportunities?

Thanks was wondering how you did that, just found it in the preferences. I have two monitors (one with game and internet running on the other). It was becoming annoying everytime i clicked on the other screen to write online my game minimizes but now its sorted as its in a window...

Thanks Lee, first i could choose window in the FM 10 menu, in prefences in the game, but its gone so i have to use this.

Just a note to Netbook users. When I tried to launch FM it wouldn't appear and just stayed in the processes list but never showed up. All I had to do was set it to windowed mode and it loads just fine.

When i set it to windowed mode it froze alot making it almost impossible to play :(
Is there a reason for this?

When you play in windowed mode I think FM doesn't get as much priority as it does in full screen mode.

go to process screen, right click it and select high priority, should sort you out

Windows 7

For anyone struggling with Windows 7 and doing this its not too complicated. You cant update the target of the default shortcut created for you, however if you go to the stored loctaion of actual game files (usually C: drive) and create a shortcut of the actual application file it is automatically placed on Desktop and you can then change the target.

1. Go to C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010
2. Right click on fm (an application file) and create shortcut.
3. Right click on new shortcut and select properties (icon looks different todefault shortcut icon).
4.Add -small_screen -windowed to target after close of quotations

the game will now run on windows 7 in windowed mode

how do you change the game back to full screen mode from windowed? my game wont play at all now!

how do you change the game back to full screen mode from windowed? my game wont play at all now!

remove the -small screen windowed bit from the target field

ive already tried this, game still loads in windowed mode :/

Thanks for this because when I changed it in properties it made it really fuzzy as i have 1280x768

ive already tried this, game still loads in windowed mode :/

when the game is running you can force it to move between windowed and full screen by pressing alt+enter