How to gain work permits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a romanian on trial, then you can sign them without needing a work permit

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

When i said get them on trial first then apply for a work permit, i lied

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

Get them on trial for 2 weeks and you get the work permit after appealing. YYYYYEEEEESSSSS

this is just in your case. its not a set rule.
use the edit button instead of multi posting please

So how long does a work permit last for?

Meaning if I offer a contract, he gets a permit, he is signed and transfer goes through. Will that work permit last for the duration of his contract at my club? Or should I offer him a short contract just incase after a year he isnt allowed to stay?

Need a reply ASAP, cheers, jamie

Most of the above is incorrect!

I'm a lawyer, dealing with these cases in real life, and FM has realistic legal rules built-in. For UK work permits:

How many games a player has played for his club makes NO difference.

An EU player (i.e. a player whose nationality is of an EU state) will automatically be given a work permit.

A non-EU player must have played in 75% of their competitive international games in the last 2 years, if their country is ranked in the top 70 in the world.

If they have not played enough competitive international games, or their country is not ranked highly enough, you may appeal. The appeal will then be based on the player as an individual, on a range of criteria such as his reputation and ability.

The work permit is attached to the contract. E.g. if you offer him a 5 year contract, his work permit will also be for 5 years. A new contract, either at your club, or another club if you sell/loan him, will require a new work permit.

You may only sign a player without a work permit if you have a feeder club with which you have a residency relationship. These clubs are in countries where the time it takes to gain nationality is shorter than the UK (5 years). For English clubs, Spain and Belgium are most common. The player is signed to you, but cannot play in competitive games, but can then be sent to your feeder team for as many seasons as is required for him to get EU nationality.

Hope this helps!

I have a general problem with a work permit. I'm trying to sign a youngster from Croatia who's 16 years old. I know the rules stipulate he can't get a move until he turns 18 as per local law. Is there anyway I can sign him, wait until he's 18 years old, then transfer him to my feeder club in Belgium for 3 years until he's 21?

I keep getting the message that his work permit has been denied which I expect but do I appeal for the transfer to go through? Will the transfer go through if I don't have a work permit for him? I'm ok with not being allowed to play him, I just want him on my team so I can loan him out to my feeder club until he gains EU citizenship.

I have a general problem with a work permit. I'm trying to sign a youngster from Croatia who's 16 years old. I know the rules stipulate he can't get a move until he turns 18 as per local law. Is there anyway I can sign him, wait until he's 18 years old, then transfer him to my feeder club in Belgium for 3 years until he's 21?

I keep getting the message that his work permit has been denied which I expect but do I appeal for the transfer to go through? Will the transfer go through if I don't have a work permit for him? I'm ok with not being allowed to play him, I just want him on my team so I can loan him out to my feeder club until he gains EU citizenship.

Basically as previously stated here are the rules:

A Non-EU player is granted a work-permit if he has played 75% or more of the competitive games for his country.

The application will otherwise be denied, you then have the choice to appeal, the appeal will be given if a panel believe that:

the player could contribute to English football at that level

he is considered to be of the highest callibre

or you have a feeder club in which citizenship can be gained easily i.e Belgium

Status
Not open for further replies.