Alienman

Reaction score
I have been working on a tactic that involves attacking Full Backs so I want my DMC to drop deep to almost in line with my DCs, like Barcelona do. Can some one who has successfully managed this please tell me the instructions they gave their DMC or just post a screen shot of how you edited his sliders it would be greatly appreciated.

I don't think it is possible. However, if someone finds out how to, I would be very impressed. I mentioned it earlier.

By my knowledge, it's not possible. I have tried this hundreds of times with both Barcelona and several other clubs that include Bayern Munich, Chelsea, Manchester United and A.C. Milan - some even in Russia and Ukraine, just so that I can see what other players might do in those kinds of situations.

Pushing their mentality and closing down sliders way down to 'Defensive' and 'Own Area' is the only real way, with your central defenders having their mentality and closing down sliders pushed up to 'Attacking and 'Whole Pitch'.

Good luck with your tactic mate. Just to let you know my one is out to use as you was asking about it......
I have been working on a tactic that involves attacking Full Backs so I want my DMC to drop deep to almost in line with my DCs, like Barcelona do. Can some one who has successfully managed this please tell me the instructions they gave their DMC or just post a screen shot of how you edited his sliders it would be greatly appreciated.

Ask this dude, he seems to know how to do it.

Dude, why are you disrespecting? I told you I would post the screenshots, and here they are:

Messi's stats: http://i.imgur.com/iwUO9.jpg

Villa's stats: http://i.imgur.com/IN97C.jpg

League table: http://i.imgur.com/I3wuM.jpg

I will only do this collab if you agree that it will be a joint effort, and we'll both get equal credit.

edit: Also, unlike most other Barcelona tactics around, I actually get Busquets to drop back as the third central defender:

http://i.imgur.com/2Jx43.jpg

Trying to get this as we speak; Will feedback shortly.

What iNick is saying sounds like you have to push your defenders forward to be in line with your defensive midfielder, rather then the opposite which is more desired. Pushing your center backs further up the pitch while your full backs are attacking just seems like a recipe for an easy counter attack.

I know LGFire's Barcelona tactic cud do that at least Im fairly sure it can.

Last edited:
To make DM act as a DC set him as an Anchor Man. He will drop back in defense to help out.You can also set his Mentality to defensive and reduce his forward runs.Thats the most you can do. Play around with those settings and see if you get the results you want.Good luck.And you can also push your defense line higher but they may hit you while playing offside trap...its a bit tricky.

Last edited:
Try this

DMC -ultra defensive no foward runs
CB's Maximum attack slider

Or Play sweeper and reverse the sliders

I tried this once and the dmc was level but it wasnt very stable i never perfected it

why dont you just play with 3 centre backs? thats basically how it looks on the pitch, just set the middle as ball playing stopper, will act a bit more of a midfielder than the two defenders :)

i know its not what you want, but why ask a defensive mid to drop back into defense, instead of just setting them up as a back 3?

why dont you just play with 3 centre backs? thats basically how it looks on the pitch, just set the middle as ball playing stopper, will act a bit more of a midfielder than the two defenders :)

i know its not what you want, but why ask a defensive mid to drop back into defense, instead of just setting them up as a back 3?

Thats what I have done in my screenshot as you you can see :)

so youve already done it then? dont see the problem then :)

yeah but what are you trying to achieve? a back four or a back three with wingbacks?

its pointless wanting it to look like a back 4 in your formation but then make it act like a back 3 with wingbacks, instead just make it look like you want it to act?

you could even set his marking to mark the other teams forward which would make him go back to defense lol but what his rating would be i dont know....would probably end up running around like a headless chicken