Lukey Boy4

Reaction score
Hi there, i have been playing football manager only since FM-08 and since that time i have developed ways in how to make huge profits in my seasons i call it "Profit Is Key" in this technique i follow many rules but 1 more than others this strict simple rule which must never be broken to assure maximum profit, from my experience this rule is smart and easy to follow however not many people may agree with it but if your someone struggling with making big profits then you should definitely read on. the rule is...

Every player must be sold at the age of 28, this rule will maximise profits, of course with this rule comes a lot of other techniques such as how to judge a players potential value and how to judge is a player will make substantial profit.

well that why i am here to help i would recommend you not to buy any one over the price of 13 million or anyone over the age of 25 this is because some players may not have enough time to develop and make there value increase.

however i would be a liar if I told you i haven't bought any1 over the value of 13 million and age below 25 of course occasional rules are made to be broken but 1 rule which cannot is the 28 age rule.

youth to gold obviously also requires a good amount of intake of youth players or players age from 16-19 these young players are here for the future so when you sell your big named players at the age of 28 these youth players are ready or at the time maybe could be of the ages of 20 - 24 will be ready to take that huge leap into becoming first team players, I will also show you how i have done this later on. so obviously if you know your going to be selling some of your star players at the age of 28 you need be prepared at least 3 years before with a wonderkid or a fairly good player to repeat the cycle and this will mean constant profits.

i am currently in the year 2015 and currently playing out my fifth season in charge however i will take you back to how it all started in my first season. My first season began a little wild with the amount of money i spent on players however substantial profit was still made, here is a list of some of the players i have bought and sold

NamePrice PaidPrice Sold
Edison Cavani28 MIL35 MIL
Leandro Damio20 MIL25 MIL
Felipe Anderson5.5 MIL15 MIL
Vaclav Kadlec4.7 MIL9 MIL
Vrsalijko Sime2.5 MIL15 MIL
Gabriel Silva3.7 MIL10.5 MIL
Dodo3.2 MIL10 MIL
Paloschi3.8 MIL12 MIL
Michel3.3 MIL10 MIL
Rafeal Toloi2.5 MIL7 MIL
Phillipe Koch2 MIL7.25 MIL
Andrea Bertolacci4.4 MIL13 MIL
MontoyaFree5 MIL
Cissokho12.75 MIL20 MIL
Andres Guardado4.3 MIL10 MIL
Nicolas Otamendi13 MIL25.5 MIL
Salvatore Bocchetti13 MIL25 MIL
Sergio Ramos14.5 MIL20 MIL
Fernando1.8 MIL20 MIL
Romario2.5 MIL10 MIL
Alex Sandro4.8 MIL20 MIL
Azpilicueta12 MIL24 MIL

As you can see i have been pretty busy within the transfer market and also you can see some great profits i also would like to say if anyone would like some screen shots of these profits just ask and i will post them ASAP one of my greatest profits would have to be Fernando who i bought when he was 26 he spent to great years at my club and sold for a huge 20 million making me 18.2 million profit. with this technique occasional with your superstars such as my cavani who i bought for 28 million and sold for 35 the arsenal fans were extremely unhappy but just remember you will have someone to take his place as well as the fans will be easy to please in the future. here below are my yearly total transfer spent in and total transfer spent out...

YearTotal InTotal Out
2011-2012120 MIL59 MIL
2012-2013118 MIL113 MIL
2013-201446 MIL99 MIL
2014-201558 MIL207 MIL
2015-25/11/1549.5150 MIL

AS YOU CAN SEE THESE PROFITS ARE VERY GOOD AND IF YOU FOLLOW MY GUIDELINE YOU WILL ALSO PRODUCE GREAT PROFITS, AND I HAVE PLANNED THAT IN 2 MORE YEARS MY TRANSFORMED YOUTH TO FIRST TEAM PLAYERS WILL BE READY TO SELL FOR AND HEFTY PROFIT, JUST REMEMBERER YOUR BIG PLAYERS ARE ONLY KEEPING THE YOUTH PLAYERS FROM DEVELOPING QUICKLY WITH THEM GONE ALLOWS THE YOUTH PLAYERS TO HAVE REGULAR FIRST TEAM EXPERIENCE WHICH WILL UNDOUBTEDLY DEVELOP THEM QUICKER. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE DO ASK.
THANKS
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

when doing this who have you been playing with you spent a tone of cash in 2011-2012 120m and you only sold 59m you did not make a lot of profit there but other then that good tips

well i was playing with arsenal and i regrettably spent big on a couple of players however as you can see from my other years i had sold these players and made a good amount of profit , and also remember in the first season you try and make do with what you got instead of selling a lot of arsenal's default players i instead sold the ones which were 100% percent not needed and kept a vast majority of them then in the next season sold them for a lot of money and profit so all these points are reason why i didn't make a lot of profit in that first season but if you look at my current season im only 4 months into it and already made 100.5 million in profit from selling players and i will soon post what it is after the January transfer period

Well, looking at his model, you do have to invest with some startup capital for things to get going.

Edit: This might sound silly but any tips on doing the actual selling? This is my first FM game for a few years. I actually did what Lukey Boy suggested at the beginning of my game: lose the dead weight. But i didnt get any offers for the players i transfer listed or offered, bar a few so i sold iirc 2 players out of like about 10 or so i wanted to get rid of.

Last edited:
well regrettably i did however you do not need to spend nto even nearly as much as i did because if you see that the players i bought for over 15 mil only made profits between 5-12 mil however the vast majority of that huge capital was spent on youth players and as i have said before i did keep most of the default arsenal squad for that first season and any one will know that arsenal need to improve there strike force and that is what i did, but this tactic can easily be adapted to any team however you will need to keep most likely 70% of your transfer budget for players under the age of 24 in your first season

Are you sure 28 years old is the best age to sell? I'd say you can sell 30 year old players for a good profit as long as you got a few years left on their contract

i wont agree with age thing for sure, i remember selling jovetic for 54 mil pounds at 31 to barca.The thing about selling is you look at the amount of contract time left and the current form.I did the same for Cavani he was brought for 32 mil and sold for 50 mil after my regen was ready to spearhead the attack.

at 30 years old they are past there maximum selling value there is a chance you can still get profit but you would get a lot more at the age of 28 for instance robin van persie at the age of 28 i was offered 25 mil for him i though about and rejected due to the fact i thought i needed him and also thought he is worth more than that then at the end of the season i tried to sell him the best offer i got was 14 mil and again i rejected wondering why i only 14 mil at the age of 29 that is no where near worth van persie in the end i released on a free. this again proves that 28 is your last oppurtuinity to sell a player to get maximum profits as well as be rid off there most likely huge contract.

i would love to see some screen shots of selling a 31 year old for 54 mil im not saying its impossible but highly unlikely and you are right form plays a big part in the value of the player but i still believe that at the ages of 29 30 31 32 the players valuation starts to decrease and smaller and smaller bids are being made for that player

View attachment 232497this is my current squad i only have 2 players in that squad from the default arsenal they are ramsey and walcott, Walcott aged 26 i thought to allow my youth to grow i am going to sell him i was offered 30 million by inter Milan however they didnt have enough money to complete the transfer which was quite annoying

So what you're trying to say is this... You sell players for more than you buy them for?

Admittedly you paid the debt quicker than most, and aren't burning your transfer budget just because you can (but that's more a comment on other players than your own). Surely a better way of making profit is to keep your players in their prime rather thans selling them, allowing them to help you to win trophies, increase reputation, shirt sales and sponsorships, rather than selling them for a puny one time profit., and then supplementing it with net transfers on young players you develop and unwanted/unhappy players?

You might have made lots of money.....and ran a successful business, but football clubs don't work if you sell everyone except for two players in 3 years....

With the amount of debt they have at start of the game it is more difficult than people think.

if you follow my guideline you will be making profits a lot of profit every season and after lets say 5 seasons you may be on the way for stadium expansion or even building a new stadium which will mean more profits in upcoming seasons

that is 54 million euros and if you convert that into pounds that is 45 million so not quite as impressive but still very good