How To Make Huge Profits

• Thread starter Thread starter Lukey Boy4
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 13K
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by ohembrough747

You might have made lots of money.....and ran a successful business, but football clubs don't work if you sell everyone except for two players in 3 years....

i see your point but dont quite understand it please elaborate.....

well yeah messed that up was just highlighting they can be sold for high money at 31 also.

i understand your point but what im trying to say at 28 he may of been able to sell for then then 40 odd mil as well as the fact you would be getting rid of his high wages so well an truly he will be costing you a 6-10 mil every year past 28 assuming his contract is 100k an above

football clubs work at there best when there is a vast amount of buying and selling and building a great youth squad soon to over take the senior squad and in between this is the reserve squad i use the reserve squad tto buy and sell players which i know will never break into my team but i know i can make a hefty profit out of such as kadlec, paloschi, bendtner, rochina

It's like me saying I have £1 I've bought two boxes for 50p each and now I'm going to sell them for £1 each, then I'll have £2.
It's not that special, you've just bought a player for £10mil and sold him for £20+ mil.
But yeah, nice work.

That doesn't make sense....earlier you said you sell them at 28....and also, i do not mean that it would not work on Fm, what i mean is it would not work in real life...

I never said sell at 28 i said sell them at 30+ when your youth is at 21 and ready for first team matches.We were talking of profits in Fm here so i thought you meant it wont work on Fm hence posted my success screenshots.Real life is not hugely different but you wont make profit on selling 30+ lol.Welbeck,sturridge,cleverly come to mind at 21-23 playing in first team and are important players .

It's like me saying I have £1 I've bought two boxes for 50p each and now I'm going to sell them for £1 each, then I'll have £2.
It's not that special, you've just bought a player for £10mil and sold him for £20+ mil.
But yeah, nice work.

yeah but it is when you triple it or quadruple it or even do it on numerous occasions

That doesn't make sense....earlier you said you sell them at 28....and also, i do not mean that it would not work on Fm, what i mean is it would not work in real life...

well if there is player on form and surplus to my requirments due to youth players coming in then i will sell him before 28 but 28 is my deadline

I never said sell at 28 i said sell them at 30+ when your youth is at 21 and ready for first team matches.We were talking of profits in Fm here so i thought you meant it wont work on Fm hence posted my success screenshots.Real life is not hugely different but you wont make profit on selling 30+ lol.Welbeck,sturridge,cleverly come to mind at 21-23 playing in first team and are important players .

i never disagreed with the thought of it not working i was just saying its very rare as well as i said you may of been able to sell him for more at 28, and real life is slightly different you cant continously buy youth players and hope they become senior players to challenge in the top 10 you will need to spend alot of your transfer budget on an individual or 2 but you do get wonderkids ocming out of youth teams all the time e.g messi , wilshere , rooney fabregas

Wow dude where is all the home grown talent!!? You have one english player in your squad!

as every body knows it is harder to find quality yound wonderkids from england , you do get the occasional brillliant player but other than that its very rare, the best places to scout are argentina,brazil,spain,france,germany and italy

I'm still not sure how you make a profit every month. I always seem to lose a couple mil a month but then announce huge profits at the end of the season.

By mentioning youth to gold i assume your ripping off a thread on FM-Story?
If you are not aware you cannont reproduce another persons work and pass it off as your own. Sure you have a different name but you are copying others work. And poorly at that.

If anybody wants a more in depth look at this strategy where it is explained better look at this:
Football Manager financial guide: Part 2 - 'youth to gold' system » Football Manager Stories

Hardly looks a ripoff, he was explaining his style which is sell people at 28 whereas the guide is well explained at why to sell them.The guide is much better will read the other part too looks a good read.

surely a simple system used by many on fm? not sure a guide is that necessary..nice work on the transfers though dude

as a point to your english regens...i have 6 of my own regens in my first team squad and only 5 years into my game...a couple are welsh so expanded to british regens but still you don't have to buy in foreign regens that much...with the work you can get your own good regens :)

Few pointers for this strategy (i use it too)

1. Take maximum advantage of players not prolonging contracts to high profile players.

Got Tevez on free (end of contract), sold on half season to Barca for 23.5M pounds.
Got Asmir Begovic , sold on half season for 10.5M
Got Alex Song, sold on half season for 15M etc. etc.

2. Sell players min. 1.5 year before end of contract if you dont want to prolong it ( higher wages issue)
Max wage in my club ( Borussia Dortmund) is Goetze's..... 80k. Second best is Lars bender at 70k. NO ONE is worth 100k+ wages.

3. BUY high, sell higher. :)
Some players get ****** off on club league rating, their managers and get transfer requests. If player is well known. buy him, he'll be great asset for half season then resold.

Bought Hulk for 21M , sold 1 year later for 40.5M to Chelsea.

I'm at half season at my 5th season and this are my stats.

4. ALWAYS sell players on 48 months, preferably buy the for cash. Maximises your expences, lowers profit so you have less of that to tax, not sure too but i think that also means less money to pay for dividends. And your money is still coming in in small increments every month ;)

Bought : 94 players for 190M
Sold : 56 players for 518M
Yearly spent for wages : 45.44M

P.S.

You have to consider 28 years barrier as optional thing because :
Different player positions on pitch degrade faster then others ( GK's dont lose points even in 33)
Tevez was 29 when he came to my club, 30 when he was sold for 23.5M so you have to take player reputation in respect too.

Age barrier is as good as you make it, my current inflow of regens and buying of them makes it available i rotate on age mark 26 or less.

Finally, make your game interesting and sell your good regens to your own league clubs ;)

Last edited:
Yeah I think it's just common sense really.

when doing this who have you been playing with you spent a tone of cash in 2011-2012 120m and you only sold 59m you did not make a lot of profit there but other then that good tips

you have to spend money to make money.

Back