Reaction score
Step 1

Browse to the following directory...

Steam Users
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2010\data\db\1000\edt\

Non-Steam Users
C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\data\db\1000\edt\

Step 2

Look for the file transfer_embargo.edt. That file puts a transfer embargo on Chelsea and Bournemouth. If you don't want either of them just delete the file.

If you only want to get rid of Chelsea's transfer embargo then open up the file in notepad and remove the line...

Code:
"TRANSFER_EMBARGO" "Chelsea" "03/09/2009" "03/09/2010"

Done

You will need to START A NEW GAME for changes to take effect.

Last edited:
Don't show them Sean let them suffer

If they want to play fair then they should play by the rules.

I wouldn't say that is not playing by the rules so to speak... Chelsea will have a huge spending spree I think in my second season!

i think that this seriously shouldnt be able to happen in the game, the ban should stay and never change

Good find however even i think the ban makes the game a little bit more fun ;)

next you'll be showing people how to take away man utd debt!!!

so could you replace the word chelsea with any other club name and then that club would have the transfer embargo instead?

I assume so, more than likely anyway. That would be pretty evil though.
I wonder what would happen in the game if you entered "Manchester City" instead of "Chelsea". Where would all the players go :p
And the money they would have second season :O

Last edited:
I kinda like that real life in the game so i will leave it if I ever manage chelsea nice to know tho thanks

i was very much impressed with this addition in the game. makes it much more realistic. let chelsea fans suffer.hehe

There is a (great) probability for Chelsea, winning the appeal... Then it would be nice to get rid of the "embargo"...
But if this happens, i think it would be included in the next official patch, don't you?

i can understand people not liking it, but im chelsea and i dont care about the ban tbh because it makes it more realistic and in my opinion that is better

i can understand people not liking it, but im chelsea and i dont care about the ban tbh because it makes it more realistic and in my opinion that is better

in my opinion the ban should stand both in the game and in real life....but would it really?:S

This means the tool is better than the last year.

U should be abel to get rid of it. chelsea have in real life so whay not in the game

I have just started second season with Chelsea and the ban has not affected me one bit. I signed Aguero, Vargas, Bonera, Donovan and a few youngsters (Verratti from Siena is amazing. 16 and I sold Deco for him!) before the ban was put in place. Won all domestic trophies but was disappointing in Europe.