How To Remove Chelsea's Transfer Embargo

In my opinion, Chelski should be either given a permanent Embargo(here's to hoping) or Can only sign 1 player. They buy success, rather than build up to it. B******s...

Out of interest, does this mean that other clubs (maybe even the one you're playing) could have a transfer embargo punishment handed to them randomly during the course of the game? That would be pretty cool! :)

If you delete the transfer embargo then your not playing the game properly so I don't see the point, you may as well edit the whole database if your going to do that. Chelsea deserve even harsher punishment for there disgusting behaviour on and off the pitch to be honest.

Out of interest, does this mean that other clubs (maybe even the one you're playing) could have a transfer embargo punishment handed to them randomly during the course of the game? That would be pretty cool! :)

Don't think it happens randomly, but in my Newcastle save (see my story if you like) I had to go through a transfer embargo. It was only a few weeks long though during the takeover talks.

chelsea always sign players before the embargo occurs.

thanks sean but do you know how to extend it instead?

Thanks Sean, helpful...but is there a way to lengthen it, seeing as no-one likes Chelsea??

Yeh it's simple to extend it. In my first post I even show the line of text you need to edit. It has 2 dates. A start date and an end date. Just edit the end date :)

lets face it we all hate Chelsea and their billions, and also Man City for that matter.

Does this effect all databases (including custom DB's)? I want to remove it for a custom DB but does it mean it will be removed from the default DB aswell?

I think it will remove it from all.

To the people saying that it shouldnt be able to be lifted, some people are new to the game and may support chelsea. If you wish to do this then it is their choice, no-one elses

does this work on the new patch?
coz i created a new game and have added a team on the file.
but the team doesn''t get the embargo.

does this work on the new patch?
coz i created a new game and have added a team on the file.
but the team doesn''t get the embargo.

The embargo doesn't start when you start a new game, it's from 2/2 2010 or something similar. Just like in real life :)

The embargo doesn't start when you start a new game, it's from 2/2 2010 or something similar. Just like in real life :)

Yes I know about that.
But mine is Custom database and the season starts on 15 december 2008.
So here's an example of what i put on the file

"TRANSFER_EMBARGO" "A.C. Milan" "15/12/2008" "21/12/2012"

but the embargo still doesn't work. weird.

need help fast. as i have to upload the database and file tomorrow
__

oh yeah should there be a C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\data\db\1020 folder?
because there is no 1020 in mine. only 1000.

but i already updated with the 10.2 patch.

Last edited: