How to score 30+ Goals a season from Set-Pieces

Why is this near post corner stuff working again?

It didn't work when 13 first came out.

Gotta say this works perfectly. First match I used this Kaboul nets two. I also create chances on almost every corner. Thanks for sharing this one mate!

Gotta say this works perfectly. First match I used this Kaboul nets two. I also create chances on almost every corner. Thanks for sharing this one mate!

Good! glad to see its working for others too :)

Why is this near post corner stuff working again?

It didn't work when 13 first came out.

Not the same. in 12 you only needed the 3rd best header, so the other 2 where with the opponents strongest defenders, leaving a lot of space in the 1st post. That is waht you call an exploit, since the game didn't realize that you where aiming always to the 1st post and your best headers where in the 2nd.

Now, you need to get an excellent header, jumper and he will not score 50 goals a season, "only" 30.... :D

Not the same. in 12 you only needed the 3rd best header, so the other 2 where with the opponents strongest defenders, leaving a lot of space in the 1st post. That is waht you call an exploit, since the game didn't realize that you where aiming always to the 1st post and your best headers where in the 2nd.

Now, you need to get an excellent header, jumper and he will not score 50 goals a season, "only" 30.... :D

Haha very true, i retrained fellaini as a striker and he got something like 35 goals in the first season, mostly because of the corners

Corners :

Obviously with tall players with great Heading, Jumping and Strength stats will help you alot

This is how you will need to set up

Cross aim : near post
Stay Back : 2 players
Lurk outside area : 3 players
Stand on far post: 2 player
Offer short option: 1 player (this will bring a defender out of position)
Attack near post : 1 player ( This will be your goal scorer, Make sure he is tall and has good Heading, Jumping and Strength)
Challenge Keeper : 1 player (again make sure this player is tall and has good finishing)

How to get 3 players Lurking Outside Area

Basically don't use the set piece wizard, when you use it to set up your players it will only allow 1 player to lurk outside the box. so what you need to do to have 3 is go to Tactics, then Player, then click on the position you want to set a role to.

View attachment 317783

Throw In

Now throws are more difficult to score from, but they do give you about 15 goals a season, which could be vital goals

Left side: Long
Right side: Long

Forward: 4 players
Stay back: 2 players
Lurk outside area: 2 players
Come short: 1 player ( if you are playing with wingers, for throws on the left, make your left sided winger come short, same for the right side, make your right winger come short)
Near post: 1 player (This will be your goal scorer, Make sure he is tall and has good Heading, Jumping and Strength. Sometimes he flicks on to other players to score)

And again, to get more thank 1 player lurking outside the area, use the above method.

Make sure your throw in taker has Long throw stat of atleast 18

Freekick

i have not yet found a good way to score from freekicks, i will update if i find a way or if someone has any tips please let me know

It would be great to get some feedback to see how this help you. Also this is my first real post so feedback on that would also be great

GOODLUCK

Have you tried these corner & throw-in tactics with lower league club etc and did it work?

Have you tried these corner & throw-in tactics with lower league club etc and did it work?

no i havent but i would imagine it would still work, i think it would be hard to find a good enough throw in taker though

Lee Bradley what kind of tactics?
CR7 shoot a lot of goals. amazing

Anybody knows why I don't get the same interface when clicking on a player? I can't choose the corners

Hi dhurley,

I am French and my English is very bad.

In addition, your copy screen shows instructions in English corner, difficult for me to make corespondance in the game with the words in French.

You would it be possible to make available a link to download your tactics, including changes to your corners please?

Thank you in advance for your help.