craiigman

Reaction score
I'm Arsenal, and when you start they're making a good amount of money. Except I went and spent it all and now we're in the red. Not by too much, but enough for me to think I need to stop buying players.

I've got a decent squad, one that doesn't need strengthening too much (although I've got Lewandowski coming on a free in the summer! Tried for Alonso as well but my wages are all gone, as is the transfer budget!)

I've also got a young squad, so it's future proof as well. So how do I start getting the clubs finances in place? When I get my next transfer budget I'm going to put most of it into wages, since I'm paying quite highly at the moment. League and UCL winners doesn't come cheap, all my players wanted rises and I'm making Lewandowksi my highest paid players on £125k a week! Couldn't let him go anywhere else for free!

So with my wages being paid for via the budget, I don't have anyone left to sell as I want to keep what I've got and I get 100% for transfers anyway. How do I now start making money? Request a club in another country? What else is there other than that?

Obviously spending better, which I will be doing. But wages will remain high.

I'm Arsenal, and when you start they're making a good amount of money. Except I went and spent it all and now we're in the red. Not by too much, but enough for me to think I need to stop buying players.

I've got a decent squad, one that doesn't need strengthening too much (although I've got Lewandowski coming on a free in the summer! Tried for Alonso as well but my wages are all gone, as is the transfer budget!)

I've also got a young squad, so it's future proof as well. So how do I start getting the clubs finances in place? When I get my next transfer budget I'm going to put most of it into wages, since I'm paying quite highly at the moment. League and UCL winners doesn't come cheap, all my players wanted rises and I'm making Lewandowksi my highest paid players on £125k a week! Couldn't let him go anywhere else for free!

So with my wages being paid for via the budget, I don't have anyone left to sell as I want to keep what I've got and I get 100% for transfers anyway. How do I now start making money? Request a club in another country? What else is there other than that?

Obviously spending better, which I will be doing. But wages will remain high.

I tend to get rid of a lot of youth players (18-21) on loan and set it to loan fee X and wage 100% and let them sign him at a reasonable fee if they want too and you'll be suprised at what you can get for some younger players that you don't even need for your first team squad and then tutor your U18s (never loan) and then work from there and try and make profit by grooming young talent and then offer them out on loan to buys and half the time they won't sign unless they're really good but just set the fees at what you would take for the player... eg player signed at 500K, you have tutored him etc and now is ready for a loan/first team experience, so you would loan him out for a monthly fee of 50K (this pays off his 500K tranfer fee and then they might buy for for say 5m

I am officially in the minus! -£1.63M is my club balance at the moment. Seriously need to do something about this. I tried to get a affiliate club but board "couldnt find anyone suitable"

But I've only spent what has been made available to me. Board obviously didn't budget too well. No idea what's going to happen next season.

Last edited:
-£10M now :/ Think I'm going to need to sell a top player in the summer :/

I'm going to be so ****** if the Lewandowski deal falls through.

i dont know how you are struggling with Arsenal?!? I have also signed a lot of players including the likes of Lars Bender, Bernard, Varane, Lamela, Aubemeyang, im only halfway through the 3rd season and have £70million to spend but dont feel like i need to improve the squad.

My balance is £129million!

View attachment 377965

and here is the squad

View attachment 377966

Only thing i can think is you have really high wages and a lot of bonuses in those wages or a lot of installements to your transfers?

Winning competitions is the best thing for making money. You'll get more matches on TV thus higher revenues from TV, you'll have more sold out matches and get better endorsement deals. Then you'll have an easier time getting commercial feeder club deals and be able to do pre-season tours.

Do you have that increase wage caluse in players contracts? That can destroy a clubs balance.

Could you upload pics of you team and their contracts please? I'm also intruiged how you've racked up so much debt.

I bet they're begging for Wenger back!

Don't look at the wages as being one thing and the transfers being one thing. You have a certain amount of money and if you spend it one transfer or wages does not really matter as its the same money.

Your okay solution here is to sell 2 players that have high wages, 2 players that you can actually get some money from. After that, be more restrictive in transfers and actually look how much money you will bring in and the forecast in the budget for the seaso .

Bring in younger players to help with costs, in my Arsenal story i have restricted myself to only signing players under 23 but it has helped the finances as all of my players i sell on only increase in value and my highest earner is Varane on £84k a week

Don't look at the wages as being one thing and the transfers being one thing. You have a certain amount of money and if you spend it one transfer or wages does not really matter as its the same money.

Your okay solution here is to sell 2 players that have high wages, 2 players that you can actually get some money from. After that, be more restrictive in transfers and actually look how much money you will bring in and the forecast in the budget for the seaso .

End of the season came and I got money from getting 2nd in league and money from getting to quarters of the UCL which put me back in the good side. Also as the Nike deal ran out, they signed a new one, and it's pretty realistic since it blew the other one out of the water.

Club went from being under to looking amazing again in the matter of weeks! But I shall be much more careful now. I've got a good squad and don't really need to spend much.

Thanks for this. Yeah I done a few too many buy now pay later deals. I think most of them are nearing an end, is there anyway to check? Will just use upfront cash from now on!

Also requesting a feeder club, again! They messed up last time, or I did. Not sure what happened. But will be looking to expand.

Thanks I'll bookmark this!

Could you upload pics of you team and their contracts please? I'm also intruiged how you've racked up so much debt.

I bet they're begging for Wenger back!

Here we go!

I'm no longer in the minus, am actually sitting really good (look at above post). But here is current squad. Bare in mind Berbatov, Diaby, Gervinho and possible Schurrle will be on their way out!

Other than Lewandowski coming in, no more players to go up to £100K a week. I'll have 3 players on that, rest below. However they are still pretty high across the board. But winning UCL in my first year meant everyone wanted a wage increase!

k6J3ZqG.png

i dont know how you are struggling with Arsenal?!? I have also signed a lot of players including the likes of Lars Bender, Bernard, Varane, Lamela, Aubemeyang, im only halfway through the 3rd season and have £70million to spend but dont feel like i need to improve the squad.

My balance is £129million!

View attachment 377965

and here is the squad

View attachment 377966

Only thing i can think is you have really high wages and a lot of bonuses in those wages or a lot of installements to your transfers?

Your save is a little fishy. All those players but you're still in profit, hmm.

Do you have that increase wage caluse in players contracts? That can destroy a clubs balance.

I don't think so. How would I check?

No idea what you have managed to do. I played Newcastle to 2017 and we reached top 5 richest club in the world (this included me signing high profile players every year). Perhaps you are playing poorly (not winning competitions) etc?

Last edited:
You have helped me find the route! Those **** 48 month transfers!

Been paying like £2M a month!

However most are coming to an end, luckily.

However still got a fair amount going out. Wish I could pay some off, can you do that at all?

Still got like £500K over 36 months to go though.. Not good!

You can't pay it out, but you can sell players on installments and that way it evens itself out. I myself sell all of my players on installments ( If I am big established club ) so that way you get money throughout the season and don't need to wait for tv and price money to get you out from the red.