Yes I do have them on often, but that's because they are MCs (I play 3 of them) and the outside ones need to overlap which helps them get up the field.

Run from deep is purely an off the ball skill. It essentially regulates whether or not a player will overlap the current dribbler.

What are your players PPMs? Teaching him to Run with ball often and run with ball through center of pitch REALLY helps a ton.

run from deep is the players forward runs into space, behind defenders when not in possession of the ball himself but a team mate...

set his attacking to 3/4, set creative freedom to as low as possible (doing this will ensure the player does exactly what you tell him to do, do not get confused between FLAIR and CREATIVITY, flair is a naturally occuring, in game stat that will make the player in possession take on defenders with trickery and skills, creativity is completely different)

set passing to mixed, run from deep sometimes, run with ball always, no long shots, crossing sometimes from byline, through balls sometimes, roam from position tick yes and wide movement: move into channels.. this will ensure the player is constantly moving to find space when not in possession! setting run from deep to sometimes is that you want him to pick the ball up deep and run with it and take on defenders, sometimes will balance it out that if with good decision making, he will make the run into space or he will drop deeper to get possession and run at the defence!

closing down, just left of half way, tackling normal. make him the playmaker or target man - ball to feet

run from deep is the players forward runs into space, behind defenders when not in possession of the ball himself but a team mate...

set his attacking to 3/4, set creative freedom to as low as possible (doing this will ensure the player does exactly what you tell him to do, do not get confused between FLAIR and CREATIVITY, flair is a naturally occuring, in game stat that will make the player in possession take on defenders with trickery and skills, creativity is completely different)

set passing to mixed, run from deep sometimes, run with ball always, no long shots, crossing sometimes from byline, through balls sometimes, roam from position tick yes and wide movement: move into channels.. this will ensure the player is constantly moving to find space when not in possession! setting run from deep to sometimes is that you want him to pick the ball up deep and run with it and take on defenders, sometimes will balance it out that if with good decision making, he will make the run into space or he will drop deeper to get possession and run at the defence!

closing down, just left of half way, tackling normal. make him the playmaker or target man - ball to feet

Thanks for that Raikan, il give all that a try. :)

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

Yes I do have them on often, but that's because they are MCs (I play 3 of them) and the outside ones need to overlap which helps them get up the field.

Run from deep is purely an off the ball skill. It essentially regulates whether or not a player will overlap the current dribbler.

What are your players PPMs? Teaching him to Run with ball often and run with ball through center of pitch REALLY helps a ton.

He has run with ball often as a PPM and is refusing to learn any more :( lol

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

closing down, just left of half way

Can I ask why closing down in own half is better?

thanks

did you manage to sort it out?

Yeah I did :) Used the tweaks you suggested and worked like a charm. But I did keep TB's and Crossing on rarely. The player is av about 8-10 dribbles a game and doing really well :)