How To Take A Screenshot of FM 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does not work on windows 7. Also when I click print screen it asks where do I want to print it: printer, html or txt document...none of those are helpful.

Does not work on windows 7. Also when I click print screen it asks where do I want to print it: printer, html or txt document...none of those are helpful.

It does work on Windows 7, make sure you've done everything you're supposed to.

I use Windows 7 and I cannot do it either, I followed all the steps, tried uploading a screenshot of Lukaku in both web page and rtf format and both time it says "invalid file" when I click upload.

I use Windows 7 and I cannot do it either, I followed all the steps, tried uploading a screenshot of Lukaku in both web page and rtf format and both time it says "invalid file" when I click upload.

1) Are you pressing ALT + F9
2) Do you have a screenshots folder in Sports Interactive --> Football Manager 2010 or 2011?
3) It should save as a PNG?

1) Are you pressing ALT + F9
2) Do you have a screenshots folder in Sports Interactive --> Football Manager 2010 or 2011?
3) It should save as a PNG?

I'm not using ALT+F9, i'm going to the menu and clicking print screen, I tried ALT+F9 and nothing happened (no screenshots were saved anywhere).
I have a folder named Print Screens not screenshots
I get 3 options, printer, rtf or web page.

EDIT: It works now, I was just being dopey, found my screenshots folder, thanks a lot!

Step 3 Uploading the screenshot onto FM-Base
When you are posting you will see a paper clip icon.? All you do is click that icon and then click Choose then you will need to find the screenshot and that is in the folder you have just created so go to that folder and double click on the image you can upload 6 images at a time but if you do decide to upload more it will take longer to upload so you have decided how many you want to upload press Upload it will now say Uploading File(s) - Please Wait the upload will be complete once that has gone then all you have to do is post and the screenshots will appear on your post

I don't see any paper clic icon :/ Could you take a screenshot and show me where the icon should be? :)
Edit: I found the clip icon, sorry for bothering everyone.

Last edited:
you could always just press print screen aswell

print screen didnt work for me, was how I found this thread. running windows 7 I used print screen, pasted it in paint, the image was of my desktop and open files etc but never fm manager, so I googled this ****.

Can't make it work for the life of me. I've tried all methods, Alt+F9 and the ol' Prnt Scrn button and paste into Paint. None of it works, the only thing I can get is from the Prnt Scrn button, which takes a screenshot of whatever is beneath my game (i.e. Chrome, iTunes, Desktop). I'm typically good with computers but this one has me at a loss. My Screenshot folder in Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2011 doesn't have anything it in no matter what I do.

Can't make it work for the life of me. I've tried all methods, Alt+F9 and the ol' Prnt Scrn button and paste into Paint. None of it works, the only thing I can get is from the Prnt Scrn button, which takes a screenshot of whatever is beneath my game (i.e. Chrome, iTunes, Desktop). I'm typically good with computers but this one has me at a loss. My Screenshot folder in Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2011 doesn't have anything it in no matter what I do.

Did you label it in lower caps as 'screenshots' ?

Remove the apostrophes though.

Hi there! I think I find a solution for that problem, especially for those running Windows 7. It worked for me, so I think it will work for you, too. There are only 3 simple steps:

1. Close out of the programme you are having trouble with capturing the screen. (FM.exe whatsoever)

2. Right click on the shortcut of the programme on your desktop

1) Click on Properties.

2) Click on the Compatibility tab.
In the middle area of that tab, there should be a bunch of check boxes under Settings. Click in the box alongside Disable desktop composition.
3) Apply the changes, click OK.
3. Open up your programme, press on your Print Screen (PrntScr) button, open up Windows Paint and paste your image (Ctrl + V).

Is everything alright now? If not, right click somewhere on your desktop and click Personalize on the contextual menu. Then Change the visuals and sounds on your computer page should be displayed. I suppose that one of the Aero theme is currently selected. Choose one of the Basic theme and you will be able to do some screenshots again. (H)

created a screenshots folder in the sports interactive folder and its still not apearing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.