How would you set up Drogba, Torres and Anelka in one side

Cech
Ivanovic - luiz - terry - cole
Mikel
Lampard - Essien
Anelka
Drogba - Torres

SOOORRTTEED! :)

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Well mate for me the best tactic for Chelsea is 4-2-3-1
It actually looks like this.

Drogba

Torres Kalou/Malouda Anelka

Essien Lampard

Cole Terry Alex Ivanovic

Cech

Torres as Inside Forward/Attack Anelka as Inside Forward/Support Drogba as Target Man Support believe me..​

torres AML? completely wasted tbh

Can't beleive so many are leaving out Malouda, Chelsea really do have competition for positions!

try mr houghs 4-1-2-3

Cech

Ivanovich Terry Alex Cole

Mikel
Essien Lampard

Anelka Drogba Torres

Should work quality with that side​

Drogba --- Torres
Anelka
Lampard --- Essien
Ramires​

Cech
Ivanocic Alex Terry Cole
Essien Lampard
Anelka Malouda
Torres Drogba

Hey, have been trying to figure the torres/drogba combo myself; so i started a new season with an updated database that i found on the forums. Played the diamond, with Drogba and Torres, complete forwards, one on attacking one on support and made them swap positions.

It worked pretty well and it was nice to see both forwards scoring and assisting each other... As for the tip of the diamond i tired Anelka but he didn't cut it for me, I played him as a support/attacking playmaker. I then tried lamps, but as in real life he doesnt play that well, that far up the pitch. I then found Benayoun was the best fitted for the position, again i think that when he is fit in real life he is the best player for that position. When the January transfer window came, i got Pastore who has done wonders in that position.

For the rest of the midfield, i have Lamps as a support midfielder on the right of the diamond, Essien to the left of him on ball winning. Finally Obi Mikel as anchor man.

I found that i had high possession and good chances with the formation but way too narrow, so as in real life you have to push the full backs forward to get some width.

Also a note for Malouda, he can play both in at the tip of the diamond and supporting midfielder, also he is a great plan B, as you can put him on as a left winger and play an asymmetrical formation to get some width which has got me out of some pickles.

Below is a screenie of a match playing this formation against man u, stats were pretty good i think.

Cheers,

Last edited:
Drop Anelka. I have a Chelsea game going with this:

Cech
Van Der Wiel - D.Luiz - Terry - A.Cole
Mikel
Lampard ---- Essien
Pjanic
Torres - Drogba​

drop anelka, buy a genuine wide player

Hey, have been trying to figure the torres/drogba combo myself; so i started a new season with an updated database that i found on the forums. Played the diamond, with Drogba and Torres, complete forwards, one on attacking one on support and made them swap positions.

It worked pretty well and it was nice to see both forwards scoring and assisting each other... As for the tip of the diamond i tired Anelka but he didn't cut it for me, I played him as a support/attacking playmaker. I then tried lamps, but as in real life he doesnt play that well, that far up the pitch. I then found Benayoun was the best fitted for the position, again i think that when he is fit in real life he is the best player for that position. When the January transfer window came, i got Pastore who has done wonders in that position.

For the rest of the midfield, i have Lamps as a support midfielder on the right of the diamond, Essien to the left of him on ball winning. Finally Obi Mikel as anchor man.

I found that i had high possession and good chances with the formation but way too narrow, so as in real life you have to push the full backs forward to get some width.

Also a note for Malouda, he can play both in at the tip of the diamond and supporting midfielder, also he is a great plan B, as you can put him on as a left winger and play an asymmetrical formation to get some width which has got me out of some pickles.

Below is a screenie of a match playing this formation against man u, stats were pretty good i think.

Cheers,

Hey mate .. nice read but i have a question though ?? have you tried making anelka as a trequartista instead of an attacking midfielder at the tip of the diamond ?? coz right now i managed something similar to your approach but my front three looks like this ..

torres (Poacher) Drogba (Complete forward /Attack)
Anelka(Treuaqrtista)

what do you think ?? ... btw i would love to try your complete forwrd attack/support approch with swap to see how drogba and torres integrate with each other