Howard Webb To Ref World Cup Final

On 11 July 2010, the world cup final will be playing Holland vs Spain.

No one expect that Holland get access to final. Can you tell me who will win this big event?

On 11 July 2010, the world cup final will be playing Holland vs Spain.

No one expect that Holland get access to final. Can you tell me who will win this big event?

that has nothing to do with this thread :mad:

How do you mean?
He gave a decision against spurs a few months ago hence CJ's immense hate for webb and the mini rant in his sig.

Pleased for him, he's done pretty well.

I thought that japanese ref was ****.XD

Howard Webb is a fantastic ref -- best I've seen in modern game (since Collina). Not just his decisions, but his overall approach and management of situations that arise throughout a game. Plus, he's hard as nails and bear-hugs players when they get out-of-hand :)

Howard Webb is a fantastic ref -- best I've seen in modern game (since Collina). Not just his decisions, but his overall approach and management of situations that arise throughout a game. Plus, he's hard as nails and bear-hugs players when they get out-of-hand :)

Were you around at the Carling cup final? oO)

Good Decision,Howard Webb did a really good job in the Champions League Finals 2

nice one Howard Webb he from same place as me , ive met him a few times in a charity match at our local club and he done like 3 of our local club presentation nights.

All refs make bad decisions at some point, lol. Compare him to someone -- who is better?

Sure, except he's made bad decisions regularly at the highest stage.

I was ****** at the time, but he has had a good tournament so why not appreciate that?

I'm not saying I don't want him to ref the final: I'm just saying he's not deserving of the title "best seen in the modern game" because its patently not true.

He's had a good tournament, his linesmen have had excellent tournaments, so its the right choice.

I'm not saying I don't want him to ref the final: I'm just saying he's not deserving of the title "best seen in the modern game" because its patently not true.

I only said he was the best in the modern game in my opinion -- it wasn't meant as a statement of a fact. I'd like to know who you think is better though, as I can't think of anyone (who I've seen enough to make a proper comment on).

Granted, he was poor against Villa in the final -- but it's not the first time a ref's had a bad game in front of Sir Alex, lol.

ok hes the best ref in england but its like the best ov a bad bunch so i wouldnt rate him that much.

If he's the best ref england have got then we're ******!

How come other countries praise their top refs and we (with a ref about to take charge of the biggest game on Earth) slag him off? lol :)

On the one hand I'm chuffed that Webb's made the cut (especially after such a poor season domestically)...

On the other hand, we will now have to listen to the ITV and BBC commentary going on all game about a great English performance instead of focusing on the [non-english] players! Oh how we cling to any crumb of comfort in this country!

On the other hand, we will now have to listen to the ITV and BBC commentary going on all game about a great English performance instead of focusing on the [non-english] players! Oh how we cling to any crumb of comfort in this country!

That is a very good point. Might have to watch on another channel now, lol.