Oatesy1234

Reaction score
Hi guys, this will be my first story. I usually manage lower league sides but I'm going to give a bigger team a shot for the first time since FM 07. I will be updating every few days and will be giving the updates 1 game month at a time while also giving my thoughts on the the month. As of this morning the in-game date is August 6th, 2010. I have been writing out updates every game month during my first season in notepad to get a head start. I know this is different to how people usually do it but I done it in case things get busy at work. This way the updates wont stop ^^).

947copy.png

CLUB INFORMATION:

- Full Name: Hamburger Sport-Verein e. V.
- Nicknames: Rothosen ("Red Shorts''), HSV
- Founded: 29th September 1887
- Main Rival: Werder Bremen
- Home Stadium: HSH Nordbank Arena
- President: Bernd Hoffman
- Head Coach: Oatesy
- Captain: David Jarolim
- Domestic League: Fussball-Bundesliga

STADIUM INFORMATION:
hshnordbank.png

- Full Name: HSH Nordbank Arena
- Capacity: 57,274
- Built: 1951-53
- Opened: 12th July 1953
- Surface: Grass
- Pitch Dimensions: 105m x 68m

June/July 2009

HSV Announce New Manager

HSV chairman Bernd Hoffmann today announced Irish rookie Oatesy as manager of Hamburger SV on a 2 year contract. Speaking on his hiring, Oatesy told hsv.de that he was delighted to become the manager of the club he loves and is confident he can bring the success HSV fans have been craving for years.

Transfer Budget: 0
Wage Budget: €750,000 p/w

Transfers

OUT

Jonathan Pitroipa to Wolfsburg - €2.6m
Piotr Trochowski to Real Madrid - €4.9m
Guy Demel to Sevilla - €3.6m

IN

Andrezinho from Internacional - €1.6m
Milan Badelj from Dinamo - €1.2m
Nemanja Karic from Paderborn - €750k
Ricardo Osorio from Stuttgart - €1.5m

-------

Pre-Season results:

HSV 4-0 GAK(Petric, van Nistelrooy, Tesche, Torun)
HSV 3-0 Kerkyra(van Nistelrooy, Mathijsen, Jarolim
HSV 4-2 Levadeiakos(Berg, van Nistelrooy x2, Torun)
HSV 3-0 Panthrakikos(Berg x2, Mathijsen
HSV 2-2 Calais RUFC(Mathijsen, Jarolim)

Month's Thoughts:
Well I don't care much for pre-season, as long as I get through it without any serious injuries. I am happy with my transfer dealings, the players I sold were mostly backups, and I think I brought in some decent players that can contribute to the cause.

Good luck dude, I'll follow.

August 2009

Europa League 3rd Q Round 1st Leg
FC Lahti 0-1 HSV(Elia)
Disappointed to come away with a single goal win. I really should be beating a Finnish team by more than one goal. Still 100% confident I'll go to through to the next round!.

DFB-Pokal 1st Round
TeBe Berlin 0-4 HSV(van Nistelrooy, Elia, Badelj, Zé Roberto)
Nothing much to say, TeBe are a non league side and I whipped em. Who'da thunk it?!.

Europa League 3rd Q Round 2nd Leg
HSV 6-0 FC Lahti(Ruud, Elia x3, Guerrero, Boateng)
Decided to leave Petric on the bench for this one since the first league game is in 3 days. Elia started up front with Ruud and boy did he have a game!. Ruud had to go off injured in the first half and he'll miss 10 days with a concussion. Other than that a good game.

Bundesliga Matchday 1
Frankfurt 2-1 HSV(Guerrero)
Disappointing, it was always going to be tough 3 days after a European match.

Bundesliga Matchday 2
HSV 3-2 Nurnberg(Elia, Schafer OG, Guerrero)
Very lucky in this one, Paolo Guerrero pops up with the winner in the 94th minute to the delight of the home fans!. Ruud just returned from his concussion and had to go off with another injury in the first half and he'll be out another 5 weeks with a broken arm :(. Not a good start for the Dutch master.

Europa League 4th Q Round 1st Leg
HSV 3-0 Slovan Bratislava(Elia, Badelj, Petric)
Confident performance, we dominated the entire game and Elia looks like he will be fine playing up front while Ruud is out, he has 4 goals in 2 games up front.

Bundesliga Matchday 3
Hoffenheim 3-3 HSV(Elia, Aogo, Reinhardt)
Again, lucky to get something. I went to a 4-2-4 in the last few minutes, and Reinhardt managed to score in the 90th minute. Need to improve!

Europa League 4th Q Round 2nd Leg
Slovan Bratislava 2-3 HSV(Elia, Petric, Zé Roberto
Confortable 6-2 win on aggregate. Qualified for the group stages now and the attentions now turn to the league!.

Bundesliga Matchday 4
HSV 2-1 Gladbach(Tesche, Petric)
Really should have scored more than 2. Hit the post, crossbar and missed a penalty. 3 points is 3 points all the same.

League Position: 8th

Month's Thoughts:
Good month I guess. If the team had another day to rest after the Europa League game I feel we would have beaten Frankfurt comfortably. There wasn't any tough games this month. The real action starts next month with Europa League group stages and some good Bundesliga matches!
]

September 2009

EuropaLeague_2324412.jpg

Europa League Group Stages Draw:
Group H
200px-Hamburger_SV_logo.svg.png

HSV

150px-Aston_Villa.svg.png

Aston Villa
Odense_Boldklub.png

Odense Boldklub
165px-FK_Partizan_-_newest_logo_PNG.png

FK Partizan

Bundesliga Matchday 5
Koln 6-1 HSV(Aogo)
Shocking, we didn't show up at all. Sloppy passes gifted them goals. Once off game I hope.

Europa League Group H
Aston Villa 1-1 HSV(Benjamin)
We were lucky to get away with a draw at Villa Park, Villa hit the woodwork 3 times and has a massive 29 shots compared to our 5.

Bundesliga Matchday 6
HSV 3-1 Shalke(Badelj, Elia x2)
Dominated, game wasn't even close. Great to get a solid win against a fellow title contender.

DFB Pokal 2nd Round
HSV 1-0 Bielefeld(Petric)
Dominated the 2nd division team. I have no idea how we only managed to score a single goal. We have to start converting all these chances being created!.

Bundesliga Matchday 7
Bochum 4-5 HSV(Petric x2, Zé Roberto x2, Badelj)
Great game, Zé Roberto grabbed the winner in the 74th minute with a screamer. Shouldn't really be conceding 4 goals against a team who will be fighting relegation, though.

Europa League Group H
HSV 3-0 OB(Petric, Jansen, Andrezinho)
Once again, dominated as expected. Nothing much to say about it. OB showed nothing, not a single shot on target all game.

League Position: 5th
Europa League Group H Position: 1st

Month's Thoughts:

Good month other than the terrible result against Koln. It's good to see a wide variety of goalscorers in the team and that I don't have to depend on 1 or 2 players to win a game for me. Big month ahead with games against Partizan, the northern derby against rivals Werder Bremen and a top of the table clash with Stuttgart!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a fan of Hamburg, after this season :mad:, i'll follow though, good luck matey.

Cheers lads!
First go at writing out a match report. I'll probably do this for the derby games as well as any important games. Full October update coming up.
----------

14n09ht.jpg

Good story so far mate! Keep it up (H)

im also going to follow mate, keep up the good work. in my fm HSV always rises in the last games of the season :D

October 2009

Bundesliga Matchday 8
HSV 1-2 Werder Bremen(van Nistelrooy)
Not the most exciting game, possession was just about even as were the number of chances both teams had. Neither team deserved to win but Hunt popped up in the last few minutes and grabbed the winner. Oh well.

Bundesliga Matchday 9
HSV 4-0 Mainz(Bungert OG, Zé Roberto, Badelj, Berg)
An expected result, Mainz are bottom of the table right now and will probably be relegated. Once again it's good to see a variety of scorers in the team.

Europa League Group H
HSV 4-0 Partizan(Zé Roberto x2, Petric, Jansen)
Was a little suprised by this. I was bossing FK Partizan even before they had 2 men sent off.

Bundesliga Matchday 10
Stuttgart 0-1 HSV(Petric)

THANK YOU, FRANK ROST. Saved a penalty in the 84th minute and then Hleb went through 1v1 in injury time and he saved that too. Deserved MOTM award!.

DFB-Pokal 3rd Round
HSV 5-1 Aachen(Torun, Guerrero x2, Fiel OG, Petric)
I played mostly reserves and bench players in this since I have a league game coming up 3 days after. Very impressive result even though it was a 2nd division team considering the players I had out.

Bundesliga Matchday 11
HSV 6-0 Hannover(Aogo x2, Badelj, Jansen, Petric, Berg
Dominant!. Hannover aren't even that bad a team. We were just too good!.

League Position: 3rd

Month's Thoughts:
21 goals in October. Fantastisch!. The result against Bremen was disappointing. But other than that it was a great month. Things are coming along nicely in the league, currently 4 points off the top and I am 2 points ahead of Villa at the top of Group H. November will be a tough month, I have Partizan away, Bayern Munich, Leverkusen and Dortmund in the league. All top teams that will be up there come the end of the season.

---------- Post added at 02:31 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:49 PM ----------

November 2009

Europa League Group H
FK Partizan 1-3 HSV(Guerrero, Aogo, Petric)
Great result, decided to leave out Zé Roberto, Ruud and Elia with a big game against Bayern in 3 days. Andrezinho was fantastic in CM and set up all 3 goals. Deservedly MOTM.

Bundesliga Matchday 12
FC Bayern 4-0 HSV
I got my tactics all wrong, Bayern were in control for the full 90 minutes and should really have scored more than 4. Need to bounce back strong.

Bundesliga Matchday 13
HSV 2-1 Bayer Leverkusen(Petric x2)
Petric penalty in the 93rd minute won it. Nice to get 3pts right after a heavy loss.

Bundesliga Matchday 14
Borussia Dortmund 2-2 HSV(Petric, Zé Roberto)
Had 14 shots on target, should have won this one. Dortmund keeper MOTM.

League Position: 6th

Month's Thoughts:
Not a bad month. Lost heavily to Bayern but a win and draw against fellow title contenders isn't bad. I've also all but assured my place in the knockout round of the Europa League. 5 games coming up in December before the winter break and January transfer window.

Some nice results, i used Ze Roberto as a defensive winger, very effective, on his day hes class

r8hzja.jpg

December 2009

Europa League Group H
HSV 1-4 Aston Villa(Zé Roberto)
I didn't have a good feeling coming into this game. I somehow managed to scrape a draw at villa park but my players were still really tired from the Dortmund game 4 days ago. Agbonlahor ripped us apart with 3 goals. I'll likely have to settle for 2nd place now and have a tougher game in the knockout round, unless Partizan can take something from Villa Park and I beat OB.

Bundesliga Matchday 15
HSV 2-0 Freiburg(Elia, Petric)
Freiburg are 16th in the league, no suprise.

Bundesliga Matchday 16
Hertha BSC 0-2 HSV(Ze Roberto, Jansen)
Another team in the basement, back up to 4th in the league now.

Europa League Group H
OB 2-3 HSV(Elia, Guerrero, Ze Roberto)\
Boateng was sent off on 11 minutes and OB took a 2-0 lead into HT, but we bounced back after the break and won 3-2. Good performance to come back like that away from home. But it was all for nothing as Villa hammered Partizan 4-1, Agbonlahor with 4 goals!.

Bundesliga Matchday 17
HSV 3-1 Wolfsburg(Guerrero, Mathijsen, Ruud)
I did what I wanted, stop the Bundesliga's current top scorer, Edin Dzeko. Nice win before the winter break <).

League Position: 4th
Europa League Group H: 2nd(Qualified for 1st Knockout Round)

good start like the lay out hope you have a good season dose any one no how i can link up my thread to me sig pic pm if you do ta i follow.

Let me know if you guys prefer this layout or the previous one!

January 2010

Bundesliga Matchday 18
n9u8j.png

Decent result, Frankfurt aren't a bad team but I don't like conceding 3 goals in a game.

Bundesliga Matchday 19
2vjrl6w.png

We did well to hold on after Ze Roberto was sent off, they had alot of chances after that, disappointing result all the same.

Bundesliga Matchday 20
2db106h.png

Hoffenheim are a lot higher in the league than I expected them to be, Chinedu Obasi on the wing is doing fantastic for them and it was him who set up their goal with a run from his own half.

Feeder Club Friendly Match
2prgs5l.png

Pointless game, I don't know why it was scheduled this late and not during the winter break.

Bundesliga Matchday 21
ruwjup.jpg

Should have scored a lot more than one. Van Der Vaart hit the bar from a free too on his debut :'(.

Tranfers:
121vk35.png

Transfer Thoughts:
Signings:
Well, signing I suppose. It's great to get a player of VdV's quality for only €8.5m, since Ze Roberto is doing so well as my attacking CM, Van Der Vaart will have to adjust to a holding midfield role for now.
Sales:
Jose Paolo Guerrero was unhappy so I said F him and shipped him out for a very handy €12.25m, he wasn't even a starter so I'm delighted to get that much :D.
David Jarolim was behind Milan Badelj for the holding midfield role and now with Van Der Vaart he was falling further down, so I offered him to clubs for €5m and he went to West Ham.
I just loaned out the 3 for the **** of it, they were in the reserves and never made a first team appearance anyways.

Months Thoughts:

Not a great month, we didn't look as dangerous as we did before the winter break. We grinded out results so I want an improvement in Febuary!

Both layouts are good mate as they are neat and tidy!

Can i have a screenie of your league table? (H)