That's one thing I stupidly forgot to do. I have a screenshot of the table at the end of the season though. In game date is now October 29th 2010 and I started taking monthly screenshots for the 2010-2011 season.

I forgot to mention in the update that I am now 5th in the league.

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:34 AM ----------

February 2010

Europa League 1st KO Round Draw:

200px-Hamburger_SV_logo.svg.png
Hamburger Sport-Verein

Vs.

Zenitspb.png

Football Club Zenit Saint Petersburg

Bundesliga Matchday 21
1zd1vzb.png

Terrible performance even though we won, we did great on the counter but if Koln's strikers were decent finishers we would have lost.

DFB-Pokal Q Final
25oxws2.png

I can have no complaints, my players were really tired after 90 minutes so I had to use all my subs, then we went down to 10 because Benjamin got injured and no subs left. Oh well, back to the league and Europe.

Bundesliga Matchday 22
2mg2mc3.png

Better performance, with Shalke also losing last week I'm back up to 3rd on goal diff, still 2 points off Dortmund in 2nd and 4 off Bayern in 1st.

Europa League 1st KO Round 1st Leg
o6k6qp.png

Brilliant!. I didn't expect to win by 3, that should be me through to the next round bar any major f up in Russia :D.

Bundesliga Matchday 23
1zowwno.png

Dominated, you rarely see 3 penalties in a single game, really helped my goal difference with this win!.

Europa League 1st KO Round 2nd Leg
21nqq2p.png

I played bench players so I don't mind losing 1-0, still go through and my players will be better rested for the next game.

Bundesliga Matchday 24
15p5uki.png

FU Aaron Hunt, beat me earlier in the season with a late goal too. XD

Months Thoughts:
Well I don't mind going out of the cup, it just means less games which is good, I've moved up to 3rd in the league which is good coming into the latter part of the season. Very happy with the performance against Zenit in the Europa league.

League Position: 3rd
Europa League: 2nd KO Round

Last edited:
Some nice results there especially against Schalke and Bochum as well as Zenit (H)

I was surprised Zenit didn't put up more of a challenge in the Europa League 1st leg. Their team looked pretty good before the match.

February update tonight.

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:58 AM ----------

March 2010

Europa League 2nd KO Round:

genoa%20logo.jpg

Genoa FC
Vs.

200px-Hamburger_SV_logo.svg.png

Hamburg SV

Bundesliga Matchday 25
2gwt2qv.png

Mainz are in the relegation zone so I expected to win this one, Ze Roberto really is on fire this year. Hope to get another season out of him after this one.

Europa League 2nd KO Round 1st Leg
11rwruu.png

Great result, Genoa are 2nd in the Italian league at the minute coming off 4 straight wins, so to beat them away from home is fantastic!

Bundesliga Matchday 26
6jd4rs.png

Another strong result, but it's been a few games since Petric or Ruud have scored so I hope that the goals from them aren't starting to dry up.

Europa League 2nd KO Round 2nd Leg
11go8iu.png

Ruud got me out of jail with his 92nd minute goal. I tried to be smart and took off players to save them for my next league game, replacing them with reserve players. Genoa came back and took a 5-4 lead in the 89th minute and were going through on away goals until Ruud popped up to make it 5-5 in injury time. 6-5 to me on aggregate and lesson learned!

Bundesliga Matchday 27
do7yat.png

Disappointing, didn't create enough chances to win the game, Bayern slipped up this week too and this was my chance :(.

Bundesliga Matchday 28
vdpbb.png

Brilliant win, up to 2nd and within a point of Bayern. Need to keep this up and jump into first.

Months Thoughts:
Great month, came close to going out of Europe because of a silly mistake from me but Ruud save my ***. Up to 2nd in the league and through to the Quarter Finals of the Europa League.

League Position: 2nd
Europa League: Qualified for Europa League Quarter Finals

I really Like Hamburg , Fans Were Amazing At Celtic Park (The Piggery) Chanting "Glasgow Rangers" :L(L)

Good Luck Mate!

Wow 5-5 against Genoa and a huge win against Bayern! (H)

Got some bad news about the story, on Thursday morning my laptop wouldn't boot and the hard drive corrupted. I've spent the last few days trying to recover my stuff but no luck :(.

I was loving this story, I'll keep trying to recover the files from the hard drive but I'm not confident. If I don't I think I'll just wait a few weeks until I get the final few parts I need for my new PC then I'll start a new game and possibly a new story.

I don't comment often but know i am still following ! Good luck, nice story and tidy layout so far !

Well since I lost all the files and can't continue the story, I guess I can giv you a run down of what happened over the next few months.

Basically I was 1 point behind Bayern but managed to pip them to the title by 1 point I think it was. I went out of the Europa League at the semi-final stage after being hammered 6-2 on aggregate by Atletico Madrid.

In the summer I only signed 2 players, Sidney Govou on a free transfer and Hulk from Porto for €18.5 million. I released 2 reserves but nobody from my first team. Opening day I played Bayern and it was one of my favourite FM games ever. New signing Hulk ''Hulk Smashed'' Bayern with 4 goals and 1 assist. I won the game 6-1. Fast forward to near Christmas and after some disappointing draws in the league I was 2nd, 4 points behind suprise package Hoffenheim. I was doing outstanding in the Champs League. Drawn into a group with Genoa, Galatasary(i think) and Liverpool I had played 5 won 5, scored over 15 and conceded 4 from what I remember(also qualified for the knockout round).

And that is where I was when my hard drive corrupted :(.

Shame, this looked like you were going to do well.
Why is it so many stories end up being discontinued because of computer/internet technical problems :(

Shame, this looked like you were going to do well.
Why is it so many stories end up being discontinued because of computer/internet technical problems :(

This is only the 2nd time it has happened to me, it happened with my Sangiovannese save a few months ago. Really annoying :'(.

Some nice results there ! Keep it going mate ! (H)

Is it still going ? About a month from last update :(