HUDDERSFIELD FC SEASON 2010/11 TRANSFERS

With promotion secured, i was very disappointed to recive a transfer kitty of 95k! Not happy! However, considering the poor amount the board gave me, i've beein able to strengthing my young side with 9 new players, spending a total of 60k! I was also able to offload some fringe players who were on decent contracts and would never come close to breaking into my first team.... In total, 7 left the club, bringing in a total of 40k, but, i got some players off the wage bill!

This season will be tough so i wanted a combination of youth and experience to help me survive in the Championship!

Incoming players were......

JOHN KENNEDY- At only 26, he brings a wealth of experience having played in Europe in both the UEFA Cup and Champions League with Glasgow Celtic. His stats are very good for a Championship player and he was free!

ROBBIE EARNSHAW- This player scores in the Championship year in year out and will provide a great partnership with either Rhys Murphy or young starlet Jordan Rhodes! His goals will be priceless and im confident he can score the goals to keep me in the division!

JORDAN SPENCE(loan)- Fantastic signing, especially as im paying nothing towards his wages! His stats speak for themself and he is a regular in the England u21's squad! Best signing so far!

AARON DORAN(loan)-Aaron was fantastic for me in League 1 last year and will provide plenty cross.through balls for my strikers! Im also confident he'll chip in with a few goals himself! Again, nothing towards his wages!

JOHN RUDDY- A cheap but usefull addition as a backup to wonderkid Alex Smithies! Only on 1.5k per week also and got him on a free!

SCOTT SINCLAIR(loan)- Scott will provide extra pace on the opposite flank to Aaron Doran and will turn into an excellent Championship player with lots of flair! Again, nothing towards the players wages!

GAVIN McCANN- Brings a wealth of experience and is an influential memeber of my new look squad! Players such as Jay Emmanuel-Thomas will learn off him which will be good for the fututre of my side! He is now my captain and doesn't break my new 6k per week salary cap!

GAEL KAKUTA- Again, an excellent addition to the squad and although he is young, brings international experience to my side! On a free aswell which is even better!!!

LIAM ROSENIOR- At 25, and can play at both left and right back which is good as my squad isn't the biggest, and, brings experience from the EPL!

SUMMARY

Delighted with every sigle signing and confident they can help me stay in the Championship at the first time of asking! Also, i only spent 60k and i haven't broken my weekly salary cap!

Feedback welcome!

Playin'fm..... Nice one mate! Delighted for u! Send me a link and i'll view your thread!

Im confident of stayin up,but, it's a tough league, so fingers crossed!!! Updates soon!

If you somehow manage to get some money buy Ryan McGowan(Central Defender) from Hearts.Scout says he's a leading star for Championship teams and costs only 1 200 000.I think this guy is better than Beevers

I'll take a look at him mate! The only way i'll get money is to sell Rhodes or Smithies and this isn't an option! I'll see about offering monthly installments! Have you signed him?

I want to upload screenshots of my player transfers but my computer keeps sayin 'an error occured on this page' It's starting to really annoy me!!

Again, i have a salary cap, which, has increased due to my unlikely pomotion! Last season no payer was on more than 3-4k per week, and this season, nobody will be on more than 6k per week. I think the club has done well to sign these type of players on the deals we have!

Unlike last season, my squad was JUST young players, not signing anyone over the age of 21. However, this season, along with bringing in some good young prospects, i've balanced the squad out with 3or 4 experienced players who will help me beat the drop hopefully! I will also be lookin for players like McCann and Earnshaw to tutor the likes of Berret, Rhodes, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas and Rhys Murphy!

August updates to come.....

AUGUST UPDATES

WATFORD 1-1 HUDDERSFIELD
After finding myself a goal down early in the first half, i thought it was goin to be an uphill struggle from there! The first half did nothing to prove me wrong! Very poor! However, the second half was a different game altogether, and i probably should've won after dominating! SCOTT SINCLAIR equalised with a fantastic long range effort and im happy with the point!
HUDDERSFIELD 1-0 CHESTERFIELD
LEAGUE CUP RD1
Not really bothered about the cups if im honest, so rested a number of players, including my 3 loan players as they aren't available for cup ties! PETER CLARKE got the winner with a near post header! Although im not bothered, it'll bring in some much needed cash!
HUDDERSFIELD 1-2 WOLVES
Come away from this game quite annoyed actually! Silly goals to give away! My two wide players trying to dribble out they're own half and lost possession! Very little positives to take out this game! JAY EMMANUEL-THOMAS with the goal.
CARDIFF CITY 0-0 HUDDERSFIELD
A very good point away from home against a side who will definately be up there in the play off positions! Defended superbly and Alex Smithies was on top form!
HUDDERSFIELD 0-0 NEWCASTLE UTD
Delighted with a point against the biggest best club in the league this year! Managing to contain them and make them shot from distance was pleasing! Another excellent definsive display! Still awaiting my first league win, but, i've had a tough start!
BIRMINGHAM 2-1 HUDDERSFIELD
LEAGUE CUP RD2
Not really bothered, again rested players! Lost Rosiener for 6 weeks with a calf injury which was very annoying!

Not a bad start,good result againts Newcastle
Also,you have a great team,but mine is better:p
Nah,just joking

Not a bad start,good result againts Newcastle
Also,you have a great team,but mine is better:p
Nah,just joking

Haha your side by the looks of things is better.... And you must definately think so if you think you can win the Championship at the first time of asking! I think you'll definately be challenging! Good combination of youth and experience, and as i said in your thread, Phillips will be key, not just for his scoring abilities, but how he can tutor your younger players!

Give me a post when you've played a few games,end of august update or something!

Good luck!