Hudgson confirmed as Liverpool manager

• Thread starter Thread starter Frutty
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 54
  • Views Views 4K
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol will do.

on roy, i get feeling hes going to hung out to dry by the board the moment things go wrong

Didn't mean to insult or anythin mate.

Hodgson will do a good job I reckon, its just a matter of waiting to see how he copes with the start of the season eh

Didn't mean to insult or anythin mate.

Hodgson will do a good job I reckon, its just a matter of waiting to see how he copes with the start of the season eh
lol dont worry didnt take it as an insult

hope so for roy, he deserves to do well at liverpool

I believe Roy can, at the very least, keep the keep the team from going down further. Unfortunately, a league title challenge may be a bit far-fetched for now. I suppose 4th place is the best they can hope for, provided, the financial situation gets better and more stable.

Unsure but optimistic about this, I think 4th is a reasonable target and to keep as many of the core of the team as we can under Hodgson, Reina and Agger in particular have expressed their loyalties and desire to stay which is great news.

Unsure but optimistic about this, I think 4th is a reasonable target and to keep as many of the core of the team as we can under Hodgson, Reina and Agger in particular have expressed their loyalties and desire to stay which is great news.
gerrard has backed hodgson so it looks like he will stay too

anyone is better at the job than benitez tbh

The wisest man on this forum once said this....

I'm trying to find the funny side of sacking a manager who is instantly snapped up by Inter and replacing him with Hodgson. I'm sure there is one. It's like sacking Bobby Robson and replacing him with Souness or something. And how we laughed.

roy will do a good jobbut he should just aim to qualify for champions league next 2 season then maybe try and challenge for the title.

but i do think he will do great in the europa league

If he can get decent away results at Liverpool, he will do well. Now I want a manager at Fulham that can at least a win a away on a few occasions.

anyone is better at the job than benitez tbh

No. Thats not true. He was a great manager. Just a couple of bad seasons. But Hodgson is a good appointment. He will do us proud. 4th this season

Well let's see. I think he is a good manager and I still think that Pool can challenge for a top 4 spot (with the lineup right now). Yossi seems to be gone and Mascherano could follow Rafa from what i've heard so we've got an interesting summer ahead of us. Just hoping that Gerrard and Torres stay.

Any ideas if he could bring some Fulham players with him??

On topic, Liverpool should accept that they cant challenge fot title this season, and fight for 4th instead. That will put less pressure on Hodgson.

Liverpool fans have accepted that for years, it's the media & other fans who need to.

No. Thats not true. He was a great manager. Just a couple of bad seasons. But Hodgson is a good appointment. He will do us proud. 4th this season

He was a great manager. Just one bad season.

http://tomkinstimes.com/2010/07/roy-hodgson-tpi-performance-analysis/

Last edited:
As ever, I am focusing on supporting our manager.

It is what it is now. Pass the lube.

Exactly Zeb, maybe he's not the fans first choice, but he's in charge now, and we'll all be behind him, and I for one wouldn't mind Aaron Hughes as back-up

Well let's see. I think he is a good manager and I still think that Pool can challenge for a top 4 spot (with the lineup right now). Yossi seems to be gone and Mascherano could follow Rafa from what i've heard so we've got an interesting summer ahead of us. Just hoping that Gerrard and Torres stay.

Any ideas if he could bring some Fulham players with him??

All I have heard is Brede Hangeland and a possible return for Danny Murphy. I wouldn't want either. We have 4 good defenders and Murphy is getting on now. As for the appointment it was always going to happen, I can't say I am not dissapointed about it. As Zebedee has said, we have replaced Benitez with a worse manager, no offense to Roy. I reckon Masch, Yossi, Babel and another major player will leave. Hope Roy doesn't replace them with ***** or Fulham players. For now though, it is time to get behind Hodgson and see if he can get us a decent finish this season.

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

Exactly Zeb, maybe he's not the fans first choice, but he's in charge now, and we'll all be behind him, and I for one wouldn't mind Aaron Hughes as back-up

Aaron Hughes? We have 4 centre-backs who are better than him :S

Broughton on Hodgson's appointment (from the interview on Lfctv):

""What really impressed us was Roy wanted to get the best out of the current squad and never asked how much money have I got to spend or said can I bring this player or that player in and he has a proven track record of doing just that."

Hodgson on money available (from interview on Lfctv):

"One thing they made clear to me is we have to work within whatever restraints are in place at the club, but they've also made clear that if we were unfortunate to lose somebody then that money would be made available."

Nothing has changed with regards to money available. The question is whether Mr.Hodgson has been given undertakings which were made to Rafa and led to his sacking for asking for them to be actually followed - primarily about whether or not money raised for transfers will in fact be reinvested in new players or used to pay down existing transfer debt and only when that reaches zero will money truly be available for new players.

There'll be no players from Fulham, Ben - Hodgson said that the deal with Fulham involved an undertaking not to go in for any Fulham players. Which is a shame as Dempsey is a quality player.

Aaron Hughes, That made me LOL, i hope you were joking oO)

I like Aaron Hughes, and I don't think he wouldn't cost much, and can play LB,RB, and CB, but i guess I'm alone...

The most intelligent piece on this appointment is by a [edit: legendary I should add here] poster called Sabu Pundit on RAWK. I shall quote it in full.

my scouse the sac of Raffles Bennett, what was hung out to be dried, is become as notorious as fall off Roman Umpire. Wot a balls up! The round and grande scouse Caesar has done left a gaping hole of the most sizable portions (witches jus' how he liked 'em, naturally). Nature ab-whores avoid, this gap must be plugged, and who could stuff the Raffles silhouette'd gash in the corporeal Libporean? Who finger mass enough to satisfy the **** RIOTS SABU PUNDIT?

Luckily for LibPublicans, we Manish, despise are more em-pikeyed impoverishments of late, to snare the first choice. Yes, first after lil' froglette MissYour Dirtier DayChump the Perrier transporter. And fork tongue Milk Tray face trickster Mr Joke Silmarillion. And the incredibly expanded head of Mr Goose Hidden. And Mr Much-Yellow Libby's, the still alive Paul Newman tributer. Yes, the forty-first choice, the best of Bwitish Mr Voyage Orbison.

What does the scouse know 'bout him? Did 'em know Orbison escaped his mum, the womb without a view, in 1947? That one bad year for India and maybe considered omen: independence from foreign ruler but at a blood bath price - and posh paper journo Mr Henry Window may use this, if he pleas, in future pretensions. And did 'em the scouse brains realise that Voyage is a family man and is often call an UNCLE figure; because he got seven inches and look likl Mr Robot Vaughan? DID 'EM KNOW?

Sabu know there is them what will sniffle up the schnoz and bark "Leave it out! He ain't worth it. He is a slag" on count he got so many previous partner. But for the porpoises off balance SABU can say he is a stud. His lengthy CV book of conquistadordom incudes IndoorNaziNorway off Milland [not Ray] and he shagged entire nation like Sleezyland and the Nightly Arab Amorous. YES, we got a sexy man, this CockerKnee wiv' a brillo pad hair don't on his bonce and the multiply scrotums what is growin' off his wibbly wobbly jawline..

Still some cry and quiver that Voyage is simply more fossil than man. They sayin' "He a sweet ol' dear pensioner i.e he should be super-granulated. Oh stupids! Don't 'em know the age for redardment is been raise 'cos Govan mint posterity measure, so you talkin' outer yer Arce. And some doubtin' Thermos type is mock and so offensively contort the gobs due to him's speech defunct and 'cos he talk like the EasEndo Father off Ian Beale that was Pete Beale "put the fwighteners on are Caf" [the m25 ******** wife, not them tea shop]. I'm sayin' to you some most intelligenital personages is mouth spastics too eg "Weakened World" Sunday bore Mr Bayern Waldon. Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back