Hughes sorry after Mancini spat

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Fulham manager Mark Hughes apologises after his side's 1-1 draw at Manchester City was marred by a spat with City boss Roberto Mancini.

More...

Hughes sticking to his principles with something that I think was justified. On top of that, he's swallowed his pride and apologised. Good man. This is why I like Hughes.

They were having a handshake at fulltime and hughes mid way through the handshake pushed mancini's hand away

Not quite. They were in the process of shaking hands but Mancini wasn't even looking at Hughes, throwing a bit of a strop because he didn't win. Hughes simply withdrew his hand because he felt that Mancini wasn't being sporting.

Hughes is a **********. Im happy that he is away from City...he is still crying because of the sack. But when you can't sort the defence out then you get the sack..simple as that.

Was a good player, but an avarge manager IMO.

Hughes is a **********. Im happy that he is away from City...he is still crying because of the sack. But when you can't sort the defence out then you get the sack..simple as that.

Was a good player, but an avarge manager IMO.

What the ****? Mancini is the one in the wrong here, not Hughes at all. I doubt Hughes, who was sacked unfairly let us remind ourselves, cares that much about his sack. Even if he was, and even if he was at fault for this altercation, the does not justify your childish and immature insults.

Grow up.

What the ****? Mancini is the one in the wrong here, not Hughes at all. I doubt Hughes, who was sacked unfairly let us remind ourselves, cares that much about his sack. Even if he was, and even if he was at fault for this altercation, the does not justify your childish and immature insults.

Grow up.

You dont know the full case. It all started when Hughes was "laughing" at Mancini when he subbed Viera for Dzeko. Mancini didin't like it and they probly did something else too. He was sacked because of poor results....he is still bitter because Mancini accepted the offer when he was still owner.

He bought the crock santa cruz and many more useless players...

About the Viera thing..it's something that i heard from the city forums but i think it's true, they said that even the crowd was "laughing". I didn't watch the second half.

Last edited:
Good man Hughes, that was the most disrespectful "handshake" I've ever seen. Didn't even look at him not even facing him just hung his hand out.

Mancini needs to apologise not Hughes.

You dont know the full case. It all started when Hughes was laughing at Mancini when he subbed Viera for Dzeko. Mancini didin't like it and they probly did something else too. He was sacked because of poor results....he is still bitter because Mancini accepted the offer when he was still owner.

About the Viera thing..it's something that i heard from the city forums but i think it's true.
It's something you heard on forums? First rule; don't trust everything you hear on the internet. Hughes clearly isn't angry at Mancini taking the City job. He was showing respect and Mancini just blanked him. If someone did that to you, are you saying you'd stay cool about someone blatantly disrespecting you? Doubt it.

You dont know the full case. It all started when Hughes was laughing at Mancini when he subbed Viera for Dzeko. Mancini didin't like it and they probly did something else too. He was sacked because of poor results....he is still bitter because Mancini accepted the offer when he was still owner.

About the Viera thing..it's something that i heard from the city forums but i think it's true.

And you do?
Who made you the expert ?
Your posts on this thread prove TGW right.

Hughes did no wrong there. Mancini was not looking at him, and offered his hand bit arrogantly.

Still Hughes has got Charisma.. Well done Sparky.

What i mean is that Mancini didin't look him in the eye because he was bitter City didin't win. They had some earlier spats.

Mancini said that even at craven cottage Hughes was acting strange against him..

And i dont trust everything i read in the forums...i think that was true. That he did something when Viera came on...that made Mancini a bit angry at him.

Last edited:
They're as bad as eachother, it's really childish.

Mancini was angered by the **** result, and therefore didn't want to run up to Hughes with smiles and hugs, he offered his hand.

Hughes must have thought Mancini showed disrespect by not doing a 'proper' handshake, and then pulled his hand away, causing the drama.

Nothing exciting, simple misunderstanding imo.

They're as bad as eachother, it's really childish.

Mancini was angered by the **** result, and therefore didn't want to run up to Hughes with smiles and hugs, he offered his hand.

Hughes must have thought Mancini showed disrespect by not doing a 'proper' handshake, and then pulled his hand away, causing the drama.

Nothing exciting, simple misunderstanding imo.

Don't be silly. Would you shake someones hand if they offered it to you like that? Would you ****. Hughes was right to do what he did.

Well Hughes wasn't exactly looking him straight in the eye either. But if that would have been another manager...would he have done that? IDK....or was it just because it was the man that took over his job?

looked like Mancini was more on the bad side..however you never know, fair play for apologising which suggests he knew he did do summat wrong,
personaly im on Hughes side ( coz my dad worked for him, not as a football player ) because I hate everything about Mancini.

What i mean is that Mancini didin't look him in the eye because he was bitter City didin't win. They had some earlier spats.

Mancini said that even at craven cottage Hughes was acting strange against him..

And i dont trust everything i read in the forums...i think that was true. That he did something when Viera came on...that made Mancini a bit angry at him.

Why would Hughes laugh at City's substitution. And why would Mancini care about Hughes reaction when he made the substitution. It is not like Mancini makes the sub and look at Hughes to check his reaction.

Simple it is. Mancini was bitter at dropping points, which any manager would be. But he was not sportive enough to offer proper hand shake. And this is not first time either. He has a spat with Moyes last season.