Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register
Reaction score
Every time I go to that option for my board it only gives the options to cut back... I've gotten my youth/training facilities up to "good" and my junior coaching is "good" but my youth recruitment is average. Any ideas why?

Reaction score
Hover over it and it'll tell you why. The liklihood is though you've done it too recently.

Reaction score
it's not possible, because it's not greyed out, it just has the 2 options to cut back...

Reaction score
If you're talking about youth coaching - that's only possible once a year or so.

Reaction score
You need to improve your club's reputation.

The system doesn't make very much sense though - I had to win the Champions League with Newcastle before I could get my youth recruitment up to extensive, and it still isn't as good as Southampton's...

Reaction score
You need to improve your club's reputation.

The system doesn't make very much sense though - I had to win the Champions League with Newcastle before I could get my youth recruitment up to extensive, and it still isn't as good as Southampton's...
Ahh I see. coincidentally I won the CL with Alessandria (a serie c2 team that I took up to Serie A!) and they allowed me to upgrade from average to above average, lol. I guess what their rationale was that if your club's reputation sucked, the youngster would not want to play for you or something... oh well. 4 years in Serie A to win a CL (came 4th in the league..) , hopefully I can win more soon enough to get it to extensive