AceOfSpades

Reaction score

20th October 1993 , Old Trafford , Galatasaray pre-match Team talk ...

• Reiner Hollman : Alright lads , today is a special game ! You are playing the Great Manchester United ! If you wanna be the best , you gotta beat the best ! I believe that you are good enough , don't disappoint me ! .... Isaac , may i have a word with you ?!
  • Isaac Ramzy : Yes Coach .
  • RH : There is no pressure on you today , you are only 17 but this could be your chance to prove us all that you deserve a place in Galatasaray's starting line up , i have faith in your ability son !
Finale whistle...

..... And a very impressive display by Galatasaray here at Old Trafford , they made it difficult for the Red Devils thanks to a brace from Rookie Isaac Ramzy ....

Post Match team talk

Reiner Hollman : Good job lads ! 3-3 against United and at Old Trafford is always a great achievement . You fought like real Lions out there . Well done !

- And Isaac .... Two goals in your debut is quiet impressive , i want you to build on this !

Issac Ramzy : I will coach ! ... And i want to thank you for the faith you've shown in me !

Reiner Hollman : I'm doing you no favor ! You deserved a chance , and you took it ! Now i want you to keep your feet on the ground , keep working hard and you'll have a great career in Football , son !

Last edited:
November 1st 2000 ( 396 Appearences and 213 goals for club and country later )

Besiktas 2 - 1 Galatasaray , 87 th minute , Turkish Cup , match commentator ...

... And a through ball from Hakan Sukur deep in the space for Isaac RAMZYYYYYYYYY !!! Oh a very bad two footed tackle from behind her by Ibrahim Uzulmez , but the ref doesn't give a penalty !

Oh this is a clear penalty , Harry . This could be a moment we'll look back into , comes the end of the season . After wining four competitions last season , Galatasaray was ...

Oh what is this ?! Oh my god what's wrong with Isaac Ramzy ? He just assaulted the Ref with a serie of punches and kicks , the ref is lying on the ground in agony ... Oh Ramzy , this won't end well !

...And another talented player who's victim of his temperament , Peter . Oh yeah , i certainly don't think that we'll see him on a Football field again , Harry ! Such a shame really , i enjoyed watching him !

A few years later , Emre Belozuglu said what happened in the dressing room after that incident , in an interview for Skysports in the wake of his move to English Outfit Newcastle United ...

" .... I do remember exactly what happened ! We all came in ( the manager , coaching stuff and the rest of the team ) , and there was Isaac sitting on the bench , a beer in one hand and a stare into space , with his trademark sick-twisted smile !

He looked like the devil himself , and he certainly didn't look like he had any regret or remorse whatsoever , no one dared to talk to him , not even the coach !

That night , the dressing room was very quiet and our bus ride home was the longest ever !
"

November 3rd , Isaac Ramzy's press conference ...

Isaac Ramzy : Good morning ladies and gentlmen . Thank you all for coming ! I'll try to be brief ... Some of you called me a thug , a badboy or even a criminal haha , but none of you can deny that i am one of the best Footballers in the world !

Now i don't mean to sound full of myself , but that's the truth . The offers i had from some of Europe's giants like Manchester United , Bayern Munich and Fiorentina among others are here to testify !

I can also say that i know one or two things about sportsmanship , did i ever get a red card in my 8 years career ? NO ! I only had a few yellow cards and most of them were tactical fouls , with no intention to hurt or cheat the opposition .

Now do i regret what i did ? Yes and No !

Journalist N 1 : Can you please be more specific about the last part ?

Isaac Ramzy : What i mean is .... See i won't apologies to him , and i don't regret what i did , and i'll do it again if i'm in a similar situation , but i regret it in the way that i let down my club , the manager , my team mates and of course the Supporters ! Galatasaray is a great club , with history and prestige , and this kind of behavior has no place in the club , this is why i let the club know that i was gonna mutually terminate my contract and retire from Football !

Journalist N 2 : Are you serious about retiring ? You are still young and you made a mistake , but that doesn't mean the end of the world ...

Isaac Ramzy : Thank you for the kind words and your understanding , but i think that this is what's best for me and the club .

Journalist N 3 : ... So what are your plans after retirement ?

Isaac Ramzy
: ... The Pyramides , the great wall , Table mountain , Antarctica , Indonesia , The Congo , ... Travel around the world i guess ! :) ... But i'll be back in the game as a manager , that's a certainty !

May 28th 2011 on Galatasaray's Website ...

" Today , it's with utmost regret that we announce that Frank Rijkaard offered his resignation as the club finished 8th in the league .

Even though we let Mr Rijkaard know that we were prepared to give him a second chance for next term , he decided that it would be better for the club to get a younger manager with some new ideas .

We'd like to thank Frank for all the efforts and hard work , and we wish him good luck for the rest of his career . "

June 16 th 2011 , St Tropez , France ...

Unal Aysal ( Galatasaray president ) and his friend Eric Gerets ( Title winner with Galatasaray and actual Moroccan National team head coach ) while enjoying a few drinks ...

Eric Gerets : What's wrong Unal , you seem stressed !

Unal Aysal : Heh ... tell me about it ! I need a new manager after Rijkaard resignation , and i need somebody who will take the club to a new level ! Besiktas and Fenerbahce are taunting us as we finished 8th last season !

Eric Gerets : ... And who do you have in mind ?

Unal Aysal : Well , i was hoping you would be tempted to become the new manager ! :)

Eric Gerets : Haha ! I bet you would ! You know how much i love this club , it would be a pleasure to manage Gala , but as you know i'm tied with the Moroccan FA until at least the WC 2014 . They have passionate supporters , good infrastructures and a promising generation of young players ... It's a good challenge for me ! But what about Ramzy ?

Unal Aysal : Who ? Ramzy ? As in .... Isaac Ramzy ? How is the young man doing ?

Gerets : Pretty good actually ...

Unal : Aaaah Ramzy ! That was one talented player ... But why do you think he is the right man for the job ?

Gerets : Well , he is considered a legend at the club , and the fans still love him . He also did pretty well in management after his retirement , ...

- After his break , he focused on his management badges .

- He was so good that The Morocco coach hired him as his assistant manager in October 2003 . In fact he is considered the main reason behind Morocco's success at the ACN in 2004 , reaching the finale only to lose against host nation , Tunisia in the finale , playing some very attractive Football . Since he left , Morocco failed to perform again !!!

- Later in 2004 , he was appointed as Morocco's U23 manager , taking them to 3rd place in the U23 WC , beating the likes of Spain ( Fabregas , Ramos , Navas ... ) and Italy in the process .

- In September 2005 , he took over the club he supports and where he started his career , Raja Casablanca , winning One African con Cup ( African Europa league ) , 2 Moroccan FA Cups , 5 League titles , and 3 African Champions leagues . He also reached the Clubs WC finale twice , in 2008 and 2010 only to fall short against Manchester United and Inter Milan respectively !

I met him a few days ago , at a meeting at the Moroccan FA HQ in Rabat , and he told me that he was ready to manage in Europe , and that there was a clause in his contract with his actual club that allows him to leave for European clubs without compensation .

I personally think that he deserves a chance , and i don't think you'll regret inviting him for a job interview .

Unal : This is quiet impressive actually ! Yeah , please give me his phone number , i'll call him later .

Cool, keep it coming.

Nice twist with the 'Cantona-esk' attack lol

June 21st , 2011 , Galatasaray HQ

Unal Aysal : Good morning Isaac , please take a seat . How are you doing lately ?

Isaac Ramzy : I'm good thank you . Quiet excited actually !

Unal Aysal : Well that's a good start . So let's get straight to the point , we'll have time to know each other better if you get the job ... IF ! Haha

Isaac Ramzy : .....?

Unal Aysal : Hmmm , .... So tell us about your plans for the club !

Isaac Ramzy : Having played in Galatasaray for 8 years i can say that i know the club pretty well , i also know better than anyone about the rivalry with Fenerbahce and Besiktas . In fact i became an icon of the derby with the later , because of that infamous incident back in the day .

My plan is to dominate the league , crush Besiktas and Fenerbahce and try to pull a few surprises in Europe !

Unal Aysal : Good ! Tell us about your transfer plans .

Isaac Ramzy : I know a few of the players at the club , and there is quality . Players like Baros , Elmander , Cetin and Muslera should allow me to challenge for the title , but the team needs depth and i have a few players in mind that i'd like to bring to the club .

Unal Aysal : ... Like who ?

Issac Ramzy : Well , it depends on the funds i'm given , and i also need to take a closer look at the players to see in what areas we need quality or cover . Players like Bressan , Fierro and Serdar Aziz could be great prospects .

Unal Aysal : These are decent players , they are cheap as well . However , the club isn't in the best financial situation , so you'll have to sell before you buy ! I can promise you though , that you'll be given additionnal funds in case the team performs well .

Isaac Ramzy : It's understandable , that shouldn't be a problem ! I plan to sell Albert Riera as i'm unimpressed by his high wages , and i think that there are a few cheaper players who can do a better job . I also think that we can get a solid 9-11 Millions for him !

Unal Aysal : I'm pleased to hear this ! Club owners tend to like Managers who understand and know how to handle finances . We'll contact you .... ( Interrupted )

Isaac Ramzy : Well , here is the awkward part of the interview .... I wanna walk out that door knowing if i'll be managing Galatasaray , or not ! I have other offers from Lens , Nantes , Sheffield Wednesday , Sampdoria and Munich 1860 that i have to deal with . So i don't really have time to wait for you , people in suits , to make a decision . I'm the ONE and you know it !

June 22nd 2011

A Familiar face at the Turk Telekom Arena

Against all odds , it's finally Galatasaray's ex Moroccan forward Isaac Ramzy , who was trusted with the Manager position .

Unal Aysan , the club's president , claimed that everybody was delighted with the appointement of the charismatic tactician . " I don't think we could've found a more suitable manager . He knows the club very well , is young and motivated , and has a strong personality . "

" I'm actually quiet excited , and the fans will love him as a manager just like they loved him as a player ! "

In other news , Ramzy isn't expected to keep the same staff from the old regime ... " He is already looking at new coaches , scouts and physios . None of the actual staff members will be here next season .

" At a meeting this morning , he told them that he had other people in mind , and they all accepted to terminate their contracts mutually , and wished him good luck for his Galatasaray journey ! " The president said .

First season review

I only thought about making this story after i finished the first season , so i'll just make a brief review about it and then i'll make monthly updates for the second season .

I actually laughed at myself _ as i never managed in the Turkish Super League _ when even after leading by 7 points with two games left , i wasn't handed the title ! :D

They have a rule so that even if you finish 4 th , you still have a chance to win the title . The top 4 teams are involved in some kind of " dog fight " at the end of the season , so this not only gives you a second chance to rally the troops for one last push , it also provides good quality games , most of them derbies , it looks like this ...

I got rid of Riera , even though he is a pretty good player , his wages are too high and i had Tshabalala in mind . I offered him for 7 Ms and the rest on monthly installements , and right away i had a few offers from Russia and Ukraine .

Tried the same think with Gokhan Zan ( Low determination ( 5 ) , 31 years old and last but not least , EX BESIKTAS player :D ) and i got 4 Ms ( 2.7 up front and the rest in installements ) for him .

Then i Brought in my fellow African Brother hehe , Tshabalala , he is simply amazing , constant threat on the left wing .

Then of course Bressan , a must buy . Quality player , scored 8 and made 16 assists and is very dangerous from set pieces .

I was disappointed by Jenssen though , the only starts he had were against weaker teams and failed to make an impact .

The best buy though , in my opinion is Serdar Aziz !! I didn't know of him before , i just found him by luck , and at 2.4 M he is a bargain . Scored 8 and was solid at the back , He also managed to keep Ujfalusi on the bench !

I play a high tempo 4-2-4 , with a poacher and a Tequerista / deep lying forward up front , relying on my wingers to feed the strikers .

I'll have to change my tactics next season though , as i'll be facing stronger teams in the Champions league .

Key fixtures and league table

View attachment 252070View attachment 252071

Our pre season was nothing special , losing most of our games as my team was getting used to the tactics .

We also had a slow start to the season , drawing our 3 first games , before going Berserk between the Kayserispor game and the Ankaragucu one .

We also went undefeated in the league _ as you can see _ from the start until February first !

Our end of the season was stressful ! I was biting my nails because of it , but winning the league on the last day , schooling your main rivals is always a great feeling ! :D

I think this is all about the first season , next update will be about the months of August/September , and the new season transfers !

Please feel free to ask me anything , or suggest anything ! You can even criticize what i'm doing ( i tend to enjoy negative reviews more than positive ones :D ) , but some praise and encouragements wouldn't hurt since this is my first attempt ! :)

Second Season

August / September

Transfers

So after winning the title last season , on the finale day , thanks to a 5-0 win against our arch rivals Besiktas , we needed to strenghten the squad , in order to build on our unnexpected success , and to be more than just an " extra " team , in the Champions league .

I had to get rid of some of my foreign players , as i'm only allowed to have 8 foreigners in my team and only 6 in the starting line up .

I had an 8 M offer from Wolves for Eboue , which i accepted . I have Sabri Soriuglu who did the job well last season , and brought in a fast and mean tackler , 16 year old regen for cover .

Same goes with Ujfalusi , although a pretty good defender , he is too old , foreigner and his physical attributes were " free fall " dropping . Sold him for 1.1 M to Sunderland , and brought in another South African , 24 year old versatile defender Anele for 1.9 M .

So overall , i'm satisfied with our transfer activity this summer . Sold some old foreign players to make space for younger , more promising ones like Fierro and Anele . Also brought in a few Turkish Regens to secure our future , as i need the core of the team to be Turkish .

Haha , ****** pre-season as usual ( i never had a good pre-season on FM ) , only one win out of 8 games , and it was against Man City reserves , and only on penalties !

Got schooled by Liverpool , Villareal , Valencia and AC Milan as well , but my teams always perform when things get serious ...

This was a pretty good game , a 2-1 win against our main rivals to clinch the Turkish Super Cup .

It was a pretty good scenario too . We dominated from the start , and Tshabalala scored the first goal of the game , which was similar to the one he scored against Mexico at the WC , and funny how it was a Mexican , Fierro , who made the assist ! :D

Then Muslera scored an own goal , pretty random , to be honest . And after missing many chances before they scored , i thought that we were gonna regret it as Colin Richards got a red card !

Only then , they came at us , having a spell of domination before the end of 90 minutes .

Comes extra time , Bressan scored a magnificent free kick , to pile the pressure on Fenerbahce . Later they got a red card as they became more aggressive , so i told my players to slow the tempo down and waste time and play shorter passes between them . That was enough to get our rivals frustrated , and i could hear the lions roar Hole ... Holee .. Hoooooolee .... while we were making our passes !

Bressan's goal

View attachment 252290

Confident after this win , we kick started our League journey on fire . 5 convincing wins in 6 games , 21 goals scored and only 3 conceded , will the title be heading to the Turk Telekom Arena this season ? Probably !

An Impressive and unnexpected win against Shakhtar , in Donesk . 4 shots on target , 3 goals and 3 assists by Tshabalala who simply tortured Srna ( who is by far one of the best full backs in the game ) .

We are in a pretty hard group , with Chelsea , Dortmund and Shakhtar , so this win is very vital if we wish to go to the next round or at least play in the Europa League and probably have a better chance to win it !

I guess that's it for August / September , next up date will be about October , and we'll play Chelsea , Dortmund and Besiktas . If we get 6 points or even 4 points against Chelsea and Dortmund , combined with a win against Besiktas , i'm pretty sure we'll have a wonderful season .

Cheers ,

October

Fixtures

View attachment 252389

Wohooo ! A great month for us . 4 wins and one draw , including an impressive win against Chelsea !

We were close to beat Dortmund aswell , but Gundogan scored a screamer from the edge of the area to cancel Milan Baros early goal .

Group A as it stands ...

We also managed to beat Besiktas 2-1 and went 7 points clear at the top of the table

So it's been a great month , results wise , but one of my best defenders , and my team's captain , Servet Cetin wants to go to a bigger club ! Never gonna happen though , dream on little boy ! (6)

View attachment 252402

Player of the month

Milan Baros is our player of the month . He scored 7 goals in 5 games , and was the reason we won against Besiktas thanks to his chip over the keeper , and a curled effort from outside the box .

Friday night tonight ... you know what that means ! hehe .

So tomorrow ( if my head doesn't hurt too much :D ) , i'll post November and maybe December's updates !

Cheers

Is anybody reading this ? Just to see if i should carry on , or just close the thread ! :)

Cool , Thank you AM95 ! :)

Do you have any comments to make , or suggestions .... ?

Yea i was considering starting a save in the turkish league , would you reccomend it?

And I loved Your story line at the start , really good read and its the only story that im following :)

Thanks man , i appreciate it ! :D

I usually play in the traditionnal leagues , but i wanted something different , a bit exotic . I wanted to start a Munich 1860 story , but after a quick search , i found out that somebody already started one . So i went for the Turkish league .

It's a fun league to play in , and like i said earlier , they have this kind of dogfight at the end of the season , between the four best clubs . So even if you finish your 34 games in the fourth position , you still have a chance to win the league if you beat your main rivals in the dogfight !

Thy also have a rule about foreign players that makes it a bit challenging , as your team's core has to be Turkish with only 8 foreign players allowed in the team and 6 in the starting line up . So you'll have to develop Turkish youngsters into first team players and foreign player should just be the icing on the cake !

The only problem though , is their names , they are confusing ! haha