...I could hear the lions roar !!!

Playing it now ! Updates coming soon , with games against Shakhtar ( home ) and Chelsea ( Away ) among others ! :)

Great-A-Saray

View attachment 252627

The atmosphere was wild , tonight in Istanbul , after Galatasaray's 2-1 win against Shakhtar Donetsk in the Champions league group stage .

Not only did the Lions qualify for the next round _ with one game left _ , they are also certain of finishing in first position , avoiding the likes of both Manchester clubs , Real Madrid , Barcelona , Bayern Munich and Lyon .

They may still have to face one of Milan's giants , or Liverpool , but with the way they've been playing lately , many voices around the Football world claimed that the Turkish Champions should be considered as title contenders , and a serious threat to Europe's bigger clubs .

" I'm proud of the lads , they showed real determination and fighting spirit . We achieved come backs against Chelsea and Shakhtar , and both of these teams have some of the finest players in the world . "

Now we need to maintain this form , and win as many games as we can . " Ramzy said .

When asked about his squad selection for next game against Dortmund , ...

Journalist : What is your squad selection gonna be like for the game against Dortmund , knowing that you have nothing to play for ?

Isaac Ramzy : I will rest my key players , and give a chance to some young exciting players .

Journalist : But Shakhtar are complaining about that ....

Isaac Ramzy : Ha .. ha .. haaaa ! They must be kidding , right ? If Shakhtar think that they are good enough , they should've won their games and put themselves in a secure position . It's not my job to baby-sit them ! I will choose the players i want , and if Dortmund goes through , then it'll only mean one think to me .... Galatasaray and Dortmund deserve to go through ! ;)

Turkish Super League :

After 3 wins and one draw , We are still leaders , 6 points clear and leading in goal difference .

I thought the game against Kayserispor would be tricky , with players like Amrabet and Congela but it ended up being a walk in the park .

Nothing special this month in the league , pretty casual , here are some SS :

As you can see , Besiktas are not doing great ! Niahahahaha

Following their bad form , Co Adriaance was sacked and replaced by Sinisa Mihajlovic .

... And one of my back up players , Cargar Brininci , got the biggest slap on his face ! lol

He was bothering me about first team Football , then this happened ... Hahhahaha

Champions league :

The kind of games that shows how great this game is , simply amazing results .

My players played with their hearts as we pulled a " Manchester United " twice !

The game against Chelsea was great ! We went down after we conceded a penalty , Serdar Aziz to be more specific , and David Luiz scored the weirdest goal ever .

If you remember Gronkjear or Gudjohnson ( i don't remember which one ) 's goal back in 2004 or 2005 in the Champions League , when he shot a curling effort from the corner kick spot and went straight to the top corner ?! It was exactly the same !

Then i made a few changes ( deeper D-line to counter Sturridge and Mata , faster tempo / shorter passes ... ) , and brought in Cigerci , Fierro and Kyle Bartley in place of Baros , Aziz and Tshabalala , then what happened ?

Two goals from corner by Cetin , and two amazing counter attacks " a la Manchester United " , with Cigerci and Bressan at the end of it with placed tap ins ! Brilliant !!!

The game against Shakhtar was less exciting , but still , we managed to come back in front of our supporters , and win the game .

Jadson scored after a defensive mistake , then Selcuk Inan scored a diving header at the 45+3 minute , and Tshabalala scored the winner after he was handed the ball by Pyatov ! lol

The group as it stands ...

So a great month overall , pretty satisfied and proud of the players . Next update coming soon !

Cheers .

Should i just skip December ? I'm only playing against weak teams in the league , and the game against Dortmund is meaningless .

January is interesting though , as i'm playing Bursaspor ( kicked me out of the cup last season ) , Trabzonspor ( 3rd in the league ) and Fenerbahce . And the tranfers of course !

So should i just skip December ad make a review about January ?

I'm in January , gonna finish it after dinner ( which is in a few minutes , i live in the Far east lol ) , then post December / January updates !

Why did you ask me about my budgets though ? Do you have some transfer targets in mind or what ? Feel free to suggest anything about anything ! lol

oh i was just curious what kind of budget you'd get at galatasaray

oh i was just curious what kind of budget you'd get at galatasaray

At the start of the first season , i only had 500.000 Euros to spend ! I had to sell players before i bought my targets !

But around December , they gave me 7 Millions i think , and i sold other players , and made profit . Then this season ( like you can see on the SS ) they gave me 14.75 M ! :)

January Updates coming soon , and ... this story is about Isaac Ramzy , the manager , not Galatasaray ! So if i get an offer to manage in another league , or if there is a nice challenge , i'll leave Galatasaray , but the story will keep going ! :)

got any targets?

Not really ! There are no Turkish quality players , and i can't buy foreign players because i already have 10 or 11 in my team and i need to rotate !

The squad is good enough though , as you can see in the results we got ! But I'm still in January , so who knows ! :)

I skipped December's updates because there was nothing interesting going on , we played Dortmund in the CL but there was nothing to play for . They won 1-0 and only after they scored at the end of the game , against my youngsters and players in need of first team Football .

In the league we only played weak teams , one of them though ( Manisaspor ) managed to ****** a draw .

We are also gonna play Sevilla in the CL knock out round ! That's gonna be pretty tight , but i believe we can stun them ! :D

In January though , some interesting things happened . As you can see in the SSs , we beat Fenerbahce ( 3-0 ) (H) and Bursaspor among others in the league .

We lost against Trabzonspor though , they totally outplayed us .

The game of the month is the one against Besiktas ( Turkish Cup 4th round ) .The Moral was low as my players started to have doubts in their ability . The game start , then Toroman ( Besiktas ) is sent off ! I thought that it was over and that we would crush them , but they managed to score 2 goals !!!

But of course my players have nerves made of steel , and managed to win the game thanks to a brace from Baros !

The league table

View attachment 252959

Still 6 points clear , hopefully our form won't drop and we can manage to win a Turkish double and the Champions League ! Hey ! Dreaming is allowed !!! :D

Does Ramzy own a magic stick ?

View attachment 254978

21 months ago , not many people noticed Isaac Ramzy's appointement as Galatasaray's manager .

Today , they stand among the best teams in Europe . We'll overlook their domestic achievements and focus on their European Journey .

Chelsea , Shakhtar and Dortmund all thought that their games against " the Lions " would be just a formality and a chance to enjoy the beautiful city of Istanbul . Both Chelsea and Shakhtar suffered humiliating defeats , and Dortmund had to wait until the 87th minute to score the winner and clinch their ticket to the next round against a Galatasaray B team .

Following the unexpected results , Ramzy and a few key players were rewarded with new contracts and better wages , but they made it clear to the clubs fans , that they weren't only motivated by money .

Both Sevilla and Lyon were knocked out of the Champions league after facing the Turkish champions , but now it seems unlikely that the " Gala " will go any further as they are heading towards _ a more than likely _ heavy defeat against barcelona .

" I'm proud of what the players achieved so far , but as you know , in Football , its about titles and i told the guys that the only way they can be remembered and considered heros is if they win the cup . There is no question about that ! " Said Ramzy .

When asked about the clash with Barcelona , Isaac Ramzy seemed pretty confident , and provided us with one of the best manager quotes " Do i want to trade any of my players with some of their's ? **** no ! Not even Messi is good enough to get in our starting line up ! "

" Look , don't get me wrong , this is gonna be very hard ! Barcelona , just like Manchester United , AC Milan or Ajax , are literally a BIG club . This kind of clubs are a philosophy , a culture , and winning is an integral part of their DNA , but i believe that we can hit them hard and cause some serious damage ! "

February/March/April

Turkish Super League

View attachment 254997View attachment 254996

I think it's fair to say that we are dominating the league . I thought that Fenerbahce and besiktas will be a bit more " solid " , but as you can see , they are no match for us !

Getting ready now for the ' dogfight " hehe , my favorite part of the season . We'll defend our title against Fenerbahce , Trabzonspor and Buhuksehir .

I think that fixtures wise , there isn't much to talk about . We crushed most of our opponents as you can see on this SS .

We are gonna play against Bursaspor in the Turkish Cup semi final . They are the ones who knocked us out last year , so this should be interesting . :)

Pretty delighted with our results in Europe . In the first leg , our wonderkid Cigerci , scored , but Otamendi cancelled it with a header at the 90+3 minute !

That wasn't a problem though as they discovered what the atmosphere is like in our Stadium ! 3-1 , bye bye , take care , and close the door on your way out ! haha

Bressan scored a screamer , while Aziz and Cetin scored from set pieces . Negredo's goal also was a joy to watch , as he beat two players before unleashing a heavy shot !

I could've had to play Bayern Munich or Manchester United , but i had Lyon .

First leg , a 1-0 win at Gerland stadium thanks to Baros poacher effort , then we had a stressing second leg , as Fofana put both teams on the same level , before Jenssen scored a heavy pill driver to send us to the Semis .

So do you think i'll be able to beat Barcelona and give the fans their first CL final ?! We'll see ! :D

End of the season

I think that it's fair to say that we had a great season . Reached the Champions league Semi Finals only to fall short against Champions Barcelona , and we won a domestic cup / league double !!!

Key fixtures

Barcelona 3 - 0 Galatasaray

View attachment 255299

We started the game with a very defensive mentality . Usually playing with an offensive 4-5-1 or 4-2-2-2 , i decided to use an assimetric midfield for extra cover on the wings and to make most of our anchor man's form .

Tshabalala was dropped to a wide left Midfielder position to help Hakan Balta ( LB ) to counter Alexis Sanchez ( which worked , he only had a 6.2 rating and was substituted ) , but i had to take Tshabalala out after he took a knock , so Pedro had more space and eventually ended up scoring .

We were 1-0 down , then Gulselam was sent of . Things were even harder for us after that . :(

Galatasaray 2 - 1 Fenerbahce

View attachment 255300

We were dominated , but we won , and just like last season , we won the title after beating our main rivals in front of our supporters .

A good win to clinch our second league title in a row .... pretty delighted !

Galatasaray 1 - 1 Barcelona

View attachment 255301

After losing 3-0 at the Camp Nou , we knew that it was over , but still , the players played for pride and tried to give the Catalans a game .

1-1 is more than a decent score against Barcelona , and Pep Guardiola praised our team spirit and approach after the game .

Galatasaray 4 - 1 Kayserispor ( Turkish Cup final )

View attachment 255305

A great score , and the best way to end the season , and thank the fans for their support . 4-1 against a below than average Kayserispor , i didn't expect much from them anyway .

Baros scored a double in his only game in 6 weeks , and proved to me why i should keep him with us next season .

Transfers ( so far )

View attachment 255309

Gokhan Tore : One of the best Turkish youngsters in the game , and because of the foreign players rule and because HSV just got relegated , this tranfer just makes sense .

Technically gifted , got flair and Pace and is very versatile as he can play in all attacking midfielder positions .

Sinan Bolat : Great GK . I mean i have one of the best keepers in the game , Muslera , but Sinan is great cover .

Also because he is Turkish , he would allow me to give a few foreign players , more first team Football , by resting Muslera .

A free transfer that we finalised in january , pretty happy that he chose to sign for us .

Abel Hernandez : I still can't believe that we could attract a top quality striker like Abel !!! Palermo were relegated to Serie B , and after our impressive results in the CL ( ... and a pretty good salary lol ) , he was tempted to join the Turkish Champions . I hope he's gonna be THE player we lacked up front the last season , a player who can score important goals against the likes of Barcelona !

Tolga Cigerci : I'm negotiating his transfer right now , after he impressed during his two seasons on loan . Pretty good all round midfielder ... he can do it all , and is suprisingly clinical in front of the goal !

Mursel Isler

View attachment 255310

A very good yougster . I brought him to the club last season , and he made good progress . He had 4 games last season and he made 2 assists . I think he is ready for more first team Football this season .

Retrained him as a striker to play him like a Tequerista , but do you think that's the right role for him ? Any suggestions ?

Back