i got fired cause i sold RVP and Powell

dugi9999

Reaction score
Yea ... i just sold RVP and Powell and whole man utd squad went berzerk on me , they were all unhapy , even after i brought lucas romeru , gundogan , fierro, tielmans and munir ... i started season with 3 wins and after last match win over newcastle 4:0 i got fired because my squad harmony was bad.... why would i want to keep rvp 32 year old always injured striker with 250k p/w and powell semi good MC when i have lucas romeru , gundogan and developing tielemans ... what kind of bullshit is this?

on one hand i agree, but on the other if he still is producing and is a beloved guy and you sell him that might cause a revolt. I havent played 15 so idk

That's why you spend the 5 euros and get FMRTE. Then you remove their Unhappiness.

Munir for RVP seems like a steal, tbh.

imagine van Gaal came in last summer and sold van Persie what would you think as a ManUtd fan? I would keep him and play him for 2 seasons and let his contract runs out

You do realize that in real life, selling one of the greatest strikers in the world for two anonymous kids isn't exactly the brightest move.
FM players tend to worship wonderkids but imagine if you're real life team sold a world class proven striker and got two kids.

Maybe firing you is a bit exaggerated but they have every right to be upset.

You do realize that in real life, selling one of the greatest strikers in the world for two anonymous kids isn't exactly the brightest move.
FM players tend to worship wonderkids but imagine if you're real life team sold a world class proven striker and got two kids.

Yeah but RVP is Judas so he can go eat horse manure with a spoon

Yea ... i just sold RVP and Powell and whole man utd squad went berzerk on me , they were all unhapy , even after i brought lucas romeru , gundogan , fierro, tielmans and munir ... i started season with 3 wins and after last match win over newcastle 4:0 i got fired because my squad harmony was bad.... why would i want to keep rvp 32 year old always injured striker with 250k p/w and powell semi good MC when i have lucas romeru , gundogan and developing tielemans ... what kind of bullshit is this?

It's perfectly natural. The main unhappiness was over selling RvP, and selling Powell just accentuated it more. RvP is a WC striker, and became a fan-favorite after his first season. To an FM player, getting Munir instead is a deal, but to a supporter, it sucks. I've found that having team meetings with players helps to a certain extent, also, better have brilliant mental stats as a manager to convince them, else they won't agree, will argue with you, and their happiness deteriorates further.

All the statements are true , if you sell RVP in real life everybody would be upset ... but even tho this is simulation of real life football, it is not RL , because in real life world class players can play good when old ( Pirlo, Lampard , Giggs , Drogba , Xabi Alonso) but in the game when players hit certain age they are useless. Condition barely goes above 85% and after playing 1 game they need to rest next 3 games :D so being upset is ok but getting fired for it a bit dramatic

I sold Mata after half a season. The fans weren't happy I sold him but they were half tidy about it coz I got 39 mil for the dwarf and he went to Juve!

Ha! I had the same issue. I wanted to get money out of him while I could and I had already landed Munir. Nobody would buy him. In teh end my GM sold him for like $7 million TO CHELSEA. My players were not happy. Even worse for me was David De Gaea. He told me he wanted me to accept an offer from PSG for him, since he wanted CL play. I said no. The team got ****** at me, PSG offered me $45 million, so I took it. Then teh team got ****** because they are a worse team without him. GRRR

I'll be joining you in the unemployment line shortly i'd imagine, despite winning the title and what not i have the entire team pi**** off and were in the semi finals of the Champions League and they're playing like s***... I probably just suck at managing but it feels to me the once a month one or more players get a visit from mother nature and need to stock up on chocolates and sad movies.

if you guys are managing your team correctly, this wont happen.

You should be praising players after good runs of form, and after great individual games. You should be asking their advice and taking it occasionally on signings. You should give yourself strong mental stats so that you can influence them. This is a complicated game and doing well takes time, this is one of those things that you pretty much have to do, otherwise, you get fired :).

this all seems fairly realistic to me. Sell RVP for an 18 year old and the fans and players will revolt. If you havent developed relationships with players to keep them/get them back on your side, your going to get canned. simple.

I sold Rooney to Chelsea, brought Munir in to replace him (to be fair.. Rooney scored 2 out of the entire season). Munir has scored 7 in 12 games, I'm not complaining, extended RVP's contract an additional year (Seeing as Gabriel Barbosa isn't scoring so I will probably try to cash in on him, Munir will be better anyway. So I'm quite surprised that the squad revolted because of that...

I would try to find a new job... Manchester City offered me a job at the start of my second season in FM (I was United... so it was a big surprise :p)... if I resigned after one season (with a premier league title) in FM14 the best job I could get would be a Championship-side job... in FM15 it's much easier if you have a record of winning.

Last edited:
This **** is hilarious. Best thread 2k14.

'GUISE I SOLD ONE OF THE BEST STRIKRS IN THE WURLD AND REPLACAD HIM WITH SOME TEENAGGERS AND THEN THE TEEM GOT MAD AT ME WTF SI FIX GAEM PLZ'

I rate this thread five stars out of a possible five. A must see.

This **** is hilarious. Best thread 2k14.

'GUISE I SOLD ONE OF THE BEST STRIKRS IN THE WURLD AND REPLACAD HIM WITH SOME TEENAGGERS AND THEN THE TEEM GOT MAD AT ME WTF SI FIX GAEM PLZ'

I rate this thread five stars out of a possible five. A must see.

If Van Gaal sold RVP he wouldn't get sacked.

Get out of Sports Interactives *** and admit this is a stupid feature of FM15. Jesus ******* christ.

But what if RvP averages around 6.70 during the season? Is he still one of teh best strik0rz in teh wordl?
Also, what if there's no room for a player like RvP in his vision of football?
Also², name one case of a manager getting sacked solely for selling one (1) player.

Get out of Sports Interactives *** and admit this is a stupid feature of FM15. Jesus ******* christ.

Well, to be fair, the OP got sacked because of bad squad harmony. Not because he sold RvP, but because he couldn't maintain harmony after selling RvP. No matter how much logic it makes, you've to convince your players of the same. That's where high mental attributes come into play. I managed to soothe the squad after selling Rooney, and harmony was pretty good. (Demo)

Well, to be fair, the OP got sacked because of bad squad harmony. Not because he sold RvP, but because he couldn't maintain harmony after selling RvP. No matter how much logic it makes, you've to convince your players of the same. That's where high mental attributes come into play. I managed to soothe the squad after selling Rooney, and harmony was pretty good. (Demo)

Exactly.

If a manager - not Louis Van Gaal, this is a rookie manager who hasn't actually managed before, remember that - came into United, sold Robin Van Persie and the entire team got (rightly) ****** off about it, you bet your **** the United board would consider sacking him.