Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

I know it's only pre-season but what is this?!?

Reaction score
View attachment 312817

It's pre-season and I have picked my squad for the camp. I am sure all the players are in but what is this?!? It says they are unavailable for the next match. Why are they unavailable? It's annoying cos I can't test my tactics properly and my players are in risk of getting injured.

Reaction score
Are they away with their national teams? In July 2012 it was the Euros weren't it? maybe they're there as your preseason is fairly early :)

Reaction score
Germany national team doesn't call up real players on FM unless you allow it.

Reaction score
Did they also play in a reserve game on the same day? It may say in the player detail screen why. It also may just player is unavailable for the next game, but worth a shot.

Reaction score
Did they also play in a reserve game on the same day? It may say in the player detail screen why. It also may just player is unavailable for the next game, but worth a shot.
nope didn't say anything.

Reaction score
Training camps consist of players leaving to have special training together. You get to choose who go there and in the message I think it's told to you, it can be a different country (in a Valencia game I started they went to Rennes, I think, in France). So they're unavailable because they're away.

By the message when they returned, their main use is to build team cohesion, which would be gelling, right?